12474 28 2018-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kune
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

One thing that I love from my spark is that it can charge 3 batteries at the same time, so it speed up my idle/waiting times beetwenn flights.

I just read that the Mavic Air Battery Charging Hub charge batteries in sequence and not at the same time!!!
Could you please confirm? If so, I think it would be a misfeature!!!

2018-2-3
Use props
rantanlan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

Saw this to on several reviews, but can't yet confirm still waiting on my fm combo. If it is true it's truly a hughe bummer...
2018-2-3
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

its funny you know.

most companies enjoy 'leaks' for free advertising and building hype.  phones, cars etc... the features aren't really that spectacular compared to the previous versions.. but all the fake leaks and fake hype make some people think wow, must be great if people are leaking all this top secret stuff... yah, just makes me laugh.

but then there's DJI who wait till after people order their product before leaking their information.. you know, like a manual, shooting modes, goggle or phone plug in, etc... you know, only some of the most important stuff.  Oh well, except in a rare case where they removed a feature from their website after the (much hyped) shipping date that also didn't quite live up to advertising as some people found out.

so much missing information yet it sold sold sold
2018-2-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Like for the Mavic Pro the charging goes in a sequence.
2018-2-3
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Probably the same as with the Mavic P/PP batteries. Charges up to four batteries at the same time - but one at a time.
2018-2-3
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Definitely sequential. At least you just set and forget..
2018-2-3
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Definitely sequential. At least you just set and forget..
2018-2-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just like with the Mavic Pro.
It is better that way, since you will get 1 full battery sooner than when they would have charged simultaneously.
With Spark the charging time increases when you add more batteries.
And the best part, the charger starts with the fullest one, so you will have one ready to go asap.
2018-2-3
Use props
edbjr888
lvl.2
Flight distance : 381447 ft
Canada

Why can't DJI design these chargers to do things in parallel???? Why??? Is it just to help sell third party chargers?
2018-2-3
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
France

All comes down to cost! to charge 4 at the same time would require a charger with at least 4 x the output power, which makes the charger bigger and more expensive.
2018-2-3
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Mavic Air batteries requires the same watts as the Mavic Pro and more than twice as much as the Spark. Charger with higher output power needs to be cooled down by a fan which increases the cost and has a higher failure rate..
2018-2-3
Use props
richparry
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1620148 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is the MA charger hub like the P4P hub that has a "charge/store" switch that lets you change if you want to charge the battery to 100% or store it at 50%.

Thanks,
2018-2-3
Use props
StevieJSmall
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249846 ft
United States

richparry Posted at 2018-2-3 21:18
Is the MA charger hub like the P4P hub that has a "charge/store" switch that lets you change if you want to charge the battery to 100% or store it at 50%.

Thanks,

It only has the ability to charge the batteries to full charge. There's no hardware or software switch that allows you to charge it to less than 100%.

In order to discharge batteries for storage, most likely will want to use it in drone until desired storage capacity charge is reached.
2018-2-3
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

The intelligent battery is self-discharge, you can set number of days before discharging begin via Dji Go 4.
2018-2-4
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

At first I was a bit dissapointed to hear that it wouldn't charge all batteries at the same time, but giving it a second thought I'd rather have it fast charge one at the time then tickle charging them all at once at a lower rate.
Another plus for me is that I'll be using the AC car charger on my motorbike while traveling, and it might be better if it would not pull to much power because of it charging all batteries at once.
2018-2-4
Use props
djiuser_sx7OSVnMiTjw
New
United States

Mine just arrived today. Confirmed, it only charges one at a time.
2018-2-6
Use props
icodyonline1617
lvl.1

United States

Yes, I can confirm, it charges in sequence. Really sucks. Hopefully they will come out with a better charging hub.
2018-2-6
Use props
iceflies
New
Romania

I like it that it's smart enough to start with the battery which already has the most charge. This way you get a battery available as soon as possible.
2018-3-8
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

Wouldn't it be better for the battery in a long run to charge one at a time.
At the cost of these batteries I would want them to last a long time.
Then putting a strain on the power source.
Just asking not sure.
2018-3-8
Use props
DidiDizaster
lvl.1
Denmark

You can indeed charge all batteries at the same time. When you have all the batteries plugged in, one by one you need to press their button just like you do when you turn on the aircraft, click release, click and hold a few seconds. Do this to every battery and they will all be charging at the same time. Enjoy
2018-4-28
Use props
brianoflondon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1163743 ft
Israel

DidiDizaster Posted at 2018-4-28 09:09
You can indeed charge all batteries at the same time. When you have all the batteries plugged in, one by one you need to press their button just like you do when you turn on the aircraft, click release, click and hold a few seconds. Do this to every battery and they will all be charging at the same time. Enjoy

I’ll take a look at this later however I rather think the sequential method it defaults to works very well.
2018-4-28
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

Does this really work?
2018-8-2
Use props
alpbird
lvl.3
Flight distance : 779281 ft
Turkey

It is true that all batteries are being charged sequencially.
2018-8-3
Use props
djiuser_2f5lcAOzBHZa
New

United States

DidiDizaster Posted at 4-28 09:09
You can indeed charge all batteries at the same time. When you have all the batteries plugged in, one by one you need to press their button just like you do when you turn on the aircraft, click release, click and hold a few seconds. Do this to every battery and they will all be charging at the same time. Enjoy

I can confirm that this does work but as posted elsewhere you are limited to the power output your charger is capable of and if you really want to have a battery soonest, sequential is better.

So, get all four charged in x minutes but if charging all at once it will likely be close to x minutes before any are fully charged. Sequentially, you should in theory get one fully charged in around x/4 minutes.
2018-12-19
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_2f5lcAOzBHZa Posted at 12-19 11:24
I can confirm that this does work but as posted elsewhere you are limited to the power output your charger is capable of and if you really want to have a battery soonest, sequential is better.

So, get all four charged in x minutes but if charging all at once it will likely be close to x minutes before any are fully charged. Sequentially, you should in theory get one fully charged in around x/4 minutes.

Thanks for the tip, I had no idea about this

Like most multi-cell li-ion batteries, an inordinate amount of time is spent at the end of the charge cycle where the charger is trickle charging each cell during the balancing process. During this time, barely any current is drawn and could be put to better use in charging the other batteries. I'd guess that parallel charging 4x 3s batteries would take about half the time than if they were charged sequentially.
2018-12-21
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FlyDK Posted at 2018-2-3 05:19
Probably the same as with the Mavic P/PP batteries. Charges up to four batteries at the same time - but one at a time.

That’s not at the same time then
2019-1-1
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

can I charge the Mavic Air controller and the batteries at the same time? I believe I couldn't do that with the P4 battery and controller
2019-5-17
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Darn it, this wisdom was correctly answered already by hedge and or hallmark, "buy plenty batteries so the field day goes all well uninterrupted"

It also upheld economy of the intelligent flight battery invest albeit a newbie hurdle and mental block in pricing.

Gee, its truth yet mentality of apprentices goes astray.
2019-5-17
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Remove duplicate post
2019-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules