Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't See Spark Remote WiFi
3625 11 2-3 05:01
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Weedeater
lvl.1
South Africa

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping someone either spots my noob mistake or has a neat fix for this issue...

I recently purchased a Spark Fly More Combo and easily connected my phone to the Spark. Went for a short flight.

I then connected my remote to the Spark, no problem, however, for the life of me I am unable to connect my phone to the remote. I can't even see the remote's WiFi! I've tried the 9 sec remote wifi reset - no joy. I've tried to connect different mobile devices to the remote - no joy. I've downloaded WiFi network scanners and cannot see any WiFi signal from the Remote...

Any ideas...?

Thanks

2-3 05:01
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

Nope.  The Spark is a loyal marriage partner that won't stray.  You can pair it with the remote (9 second Spark button hold), or you can pair it with the phone (3 second button hold).  You can not set it to pair with both.  If it is paired with the phone, the Spark hides its SSID.  That keeps it from being linked to two devices trying to control it.

When the Spark is operated by the remote control, the phone is linked to the remote's wifi SSID, not the Spark's.  The phone then just operates as a free display screen for the remote.
2-3 06:36
Use props
Weedeater
lvl.1
South Africa

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-2-3 06:36
Nope.  The Spark is a loyal marriage partner that won't stray.  You can pair it with the remote (9 second Spark button hold), or you can pair it with the phone (3 second button hold).  You can not set it to pair with both.  If it is paired with the phone, the Spark hides its SSID.  That keeps it from being linked to two devices trying to control it.

When the Spark is operated by the remote control, the phone is linked to the remote's wifi SSID, not the Spark's.  The phone then just operates as a free display screen for the remote.

Thanks for the feedback Gunship9. So I guess it's safe for me to assume that if my Spark has successfully linked to my remote, I should be able to connect my phone to the REMOTE's WiFi...?

If so, I suspect my remote simply isn't broadcasting a WiFi signal...

2-3 12:09
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

The remote should be broadcasting SSID that looks like xxx-RC-xxxx.  Or, something similar.  Are you going into your phones settings and selecting the correct WiFi SSID to connect to? Once you are on the controller's SSID, you will get a message that internet isn't available.  My phone defaults to my house's WiFi router so I have to manually select the controller's SSID.

You will see the little red LED on the controller turn green when it links to the Spark.

2-3 15:30
Use props
djiuser_vJ4PxygYt0ZC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3807
United Kingdom

I had the same problem, with the wifi not showing, this sequence works for me.

1 Do not turn on app on phone  (yet)
2 Turn on Spark
3 Turn on remote controller
4 Wait for the controller and Spark to link - green light on controller. Takes about 30 seconds.
5 Look on phone wifi list for controller wifi - not there?
6 Turn off controller
7 Restart controller
8 Wait for the controller and Spark to link - green light on controller (again, will be quicker this time)
9 Controller wifi appears in phone wifi list
10 Connect, check box about not able to access internet.
11 Open DJi app on phone.
12 Press Go Fly.

It seems a bit long-winded  but actually takes less than two minutes - unless you get hit with a firmware update.
2-4 02:25
Use props
Weedeater
lvl.1
South Africa

djiuser_vJ4PxygYt0ZC Posted at 2018-2-4 02:25

1 Do not turn on app on phone  (yet)

HOLY SMOKES!! That actually worked   

Guess I won't be sending it all the way back to china after all.

Is it safe to assume that apart from this little work around, you haven't experienced any other issues? Your Spark works perfectly otherwise?
2-4 10:14
Use props
Terra Trailblazers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3807
United Kingdom

I did have a few other problems with wifi disconnecting using my Moto G4+ phone. I dug out my old Google Nexus 4, discarded most of the apps, it doesn't have a sim card so no interference from calls etc, turned off bluetooth and anything else unnecessary and it's working pretty well at the moment.  I have never had any bother with the Spark or the controller, only the app, which, apparently, is not written for android. If I'd read the app reviews on Google Play beforehand, I would definitely have thought twice about buying DJi.
2-4 10:53
Use props
Weedeater
lvl.1
South Africa

Terra Trailblazers Posted at 2018-2-4 10:53
I did have a few other problems with wifi disconnecting using my Moto G4+ phone. I dug out my old Google Nexus 4, discarded most of the apps, it doesn't have a sim card so no interference from calls etc, turned off bluetooth and anything else unnecessary and it's working pretty well at the moment.  I have never had any bother with the Spark or the controller, only the app, which, apparently, is not written for android. If I'd read the app reviews on Google Play beforehand, I would definitely have thought twice about buying DJi.

Cool, good to know.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!
2-4 12:00
Use props
hari Krishna
lvl.1
Canada

Hello,
After watching all the spark video online, I felt like connecting spark might be easy but here I have nightmare. Please help.
I have following issues.
- spark rc wifi signal does not show up in phone, I did all 3 seconds and 9 seconds, also followed all steps guided by app.
- I am able to connect phone to spark and fly easily.
- I am able to successfully link spark with RC, and use camera roller it operational, but when I use my OTG Cable it still shows no response, look like my phone is charging RC via OTG that's it.
8-15 05:45
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6084
Germany

Have you used your OTG cable the right way around? OTG cables have a "host" end and a "client" end. The host end goes into the R/C!

HTH,
Wolferl
8-15 09:00
Use props
hari Krishna
lvl.1
Canada

djiuser_vJ4PxygYt0ZC Posted at 2018-2-4 02:25

1 Do not turn on app on phone  (yet)

Amazing easy steps, guys this works really well, can you also show the same step but with wire connection?
8-15 09:17
Use props
hari Krishna
lvl.1
Canada

Wolferl Posted at 2018-8-15 09:00
Have you used your OTG cable the right way around? OTG cables have a "host" end and a "client" end. The host end goes into the R/C!

HTH,

I have cable with Type C on one end and micro USB at other. my phone excepts Type C
8-15 09:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules