Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't See Spark Remote WiFi
19962 32 2018-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Weedeater
New
Flight distance : 656 ft
South Africa

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping someone either spots my noob mistake or has a neat fix for this issue...

I recently purchased a Spark Fly More Combo and easily connected my phone to the Spark. Went for a short flight.

I then connected my remote to the Spark, no problem, however, for the life of me I am unable to connect my phone to the remote. I can't even see the remote's WiFi! I've tried the 9 sec remote wifi reset - no joy. I've tried to connect different mobile devices to the remote - no joy. I've downloaded WiFi network scanners and cannot see any WiFi signal from the Remote...

Any ideas...?

Thanks

2018-2-3
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

Nope.  The Spark is a loyal marriage partner that won't stray.  You can pair it with the remote (9 second Spark button hold), or you can pair it with the phone (3 second button hold).  You can not set it to pair with both.  If it is paired with the phone, the Spark hides its SSID.  That keeps it from being linked to two devices trying to control it.

When the Spark is operated by the remote control, the phone is linked to the remote's wifi SSID, not the Spark's.  The phone then just operates as a free display screen for the remote.
2018-2-3
Use props
Weedeater
New
South Africa

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-2-3 06:36
Nope.  The Spark is a loyal marriage partner that won't stray.  You can pair it with the remote (9 second Spark button hold), or you can pair it with the phone (3 second button hold).  You can not set it to pair with both.  If it is paired with the phone, the Spark hides its SSID.  That keeps it from being linked to two devices trying to control it.

When the Spark is operated by the remote control, the phone is linked to the remote's wifi SSID, not the Spark's.  The phone then just operates as a free display screen for the remote.

Thanks for the feedback Gunship9. So I guess it's safe for me to assume that if my Spark has successfully linked to my remote, I should be able to connect my phone to the REMOTE's WiFi...?

If so, I suspect my remote simply isn't broadcasting a WiFi signal...

2018-2-3
Use props
Gunship9
Captain
United States

The remote should be broadcasting SSID that looks like xxx-RC-xxxx.  Or, something similar.  Are you going into your phones settings and selecting the correct WiFi SSID to connect to? Once you are on the controller's SSID, you will get a message that internet isn't available.  My phone defaults to my house's WiFi router so I have to manually select the controller's SSID.

You will see the little red LED on the controller turn green when it links to the Spark.

2018-2-3
Use props
djiuser_vJ4PxygYt0ZC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12490 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same problem, with the wifi not showing, this sequence works for me.

1 Do not turn on app on phone  (yet)
2 Turn on Spark
3 Turn on remote controller
4 Wait for the controller and Spark to link - green light on controller. Takes about 30 seconds.
5 Look on phone wifi list for controller wifi - not there?
6 Turn off controller
7 Restart controller
8 Wait for the controller and Spark to link - green light on controller (again, will be quicker this time)
9 Controller wifi appears in phone wifi list
10 Connect, check box about not able to access internet.
11 Open DJi app on phone.
12 Press Go Fly.

It seems a bit long-winded  but actually takes less than two minutes - unless you get hit with a firmware update.
2018-2-4
Use props
Weedeater
New
South Africa

djiuser_vJ4PxygYt0ZC Posted at 2018-2-4 02:25

1 Do not turn on app on phone  (yet)

HOLY SMOKES!! That actually worked   

Guess I won't be sending it all the way back to china after all.

Is it safe to assume that apart from this little work around, you haven't experienced any other issues? Your Spark works perfectly otherwise?
2018-2-4
Use props
Terra Trailblazers
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12490 ft
United Kingdom

I did have a few other problems with wifi disconnecting using my Moto G4+ phone. I dug out my old Google Nexus 4, discarded most of the apps, it doesn't have a sim card so no interference from calls etc, turned off bluetooth and anything else unnecessary and it's working pretty well at the moment.  I have never had any bother with the Spark or the controller, only the app, which, apparently, is not written for android. If I'd read the app reviews on Google Play beforehand, I would definitely have thought twice about buying DJi.
2018-2-4
Use props
Weedeater
New
South Africa

Terra Trailblazers Posted at 2018-2-4 10:53
I did have a few other problems with wifi disconnecting using my Moto G4+ phone. I dug out my old Google Nexus 4, discarded most of the apps, it doesn't have a sim card so no interference from calls etc, turned off bluetooth and anything else unnecessary and it's working pretty well at the moment.  I have never had any bother with the Spark or the controller, only the app, which, apparently, is not written for android. If I'd read the app reviews on Google Play beforehand, I would definitely have thought twice about buying DJi.

Cool, good to know.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!
2018-2-4
Use props
hari Krishna
lvl.1
Canada

Hello,
After watching all the spark video online, I felt like connecting spark might be easy but here I have nightmare. Please help.
I have following issues.
- spark rc wifi signal does not show up in phone, I did all 3 seconds and 9 seconds, also followed all steps guided by app.
- I am able to connect phone to spark and fly easily.
- I am able to successfully link spark with RC, and use camera roller it operational, but when I use my OTG Cable it still shows no response, look like my phone is charging RC via OTG that's it.
2018-8-15
Use props
Wolferl
Captain
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Germany

Have you used your OTG cable the right way around? OTG cables have a "host" end and a "client" end. The host end goes into the R/C!

HTH,
Wolferl
2018-8-15
Use props
hari Krishna
lvl.1
Canada

Amazing easy steps, guys this works really well, can you also show the same step but with wire connection?
2018-8-15
Use props
hari Krishna
lvl.1
Canada

Wolferl Posted at 2018-8-15 09:00
Have you used your OTG cable the right way around? OTG cables have a "host" end and a "client" end. The host end goes into the R/C!

HTH,

I have cable with Type C on one end and micro USB at other. my phone excepts Type C
2018-8-15
Use props
djiuser_FWwGbQYxiG5k
New
Flight distance : 130758 ft
Cambodia

Hi all,
I got a similar problem when I moved from using an iOS phone to an android (v9). I can connect to the remote when not it is not connected to the drone but as soon as the drone is linked to the remote the phone is disconnected from remote and the remote WiFi network is not visible anymore. I tried the sequence above but did not work for me. Any idea ?
Thank you for your help
2019-2-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_FWwGbQYxiG5k Posted at 2-3 22:58
Hi all,
I got a similar problem when I moved from using an iOS phone to an android (v9). I can connect to the remote when not it is not connected to the drone but as soon as the drone is linked to the remote the phone is disconnected from remote and the remote WiFi network is not visible anymore. I tried the sequence above but did not work for me. Any idea ?
Thank you for your help

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you manage to update the firmware of your aircraft and the remote controller? Would it be possible if you could provide us with a short video of this situation for a further check? You may upload the video using the google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-2-4
Use props
djiuser_FWwGbQYxiG5k
New
Cambodia

DJI Tony Posted at 2-4 15:20
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you manage to update the firmware of your aircraft and the remote controller? Would it be possible if you could provide us with a short video of this situation for a further check? You may upload the video using the google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

Hi Tony,

A little update about the problem.  Since my last message, I tried with an iPhone. The RC succeeded to connect the phone while it was already linked to the drone without any issue. So I really think it is coming from the Android compatibility.

To sum up here is the sequence of what is happening
1-I turn on RC
2- I connect the Android phone to the RC network (2.4Ghz Band)
3- I turn on the drone
4- Drone will connect automatically to the remote within 30 sec and the RC led turn green. The gimball control is working.
5- The wireless connection between the Android phone and the RC is interrupted and the RC network is no more visible

Note.
-If I connect the RC to the drone before the Android phone. The RC network is not even visible.
-if iPhone is used there is no problem
-at step 2. When I open the DJI Go app. Pop up is saying that the firmware of the RC is up to date.
-i am located in Cambodia
-android v9 is on my phone

I will try to update a video but I am away in
2019-2-4
Use props
djiuser_FWwGbQYxiG5k
New
Cambodia

Message 2/2
I can't send a video right now.

It seems that the remote can't have a wireless connection at the same time with the drone and the Android phone. The RC is using the 2.4Ghz band when connected to my android phone. Could it be related to the radio band frequency ?
2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_FWwGbQYxiG5k Posted at 2-4 18:59
Hi Tony,

A little update about the problem.  Since my last message, I tried with an iPhone. The RC succeeded to connect the phone while it was already linked to the drone without any issue. So I really think it is coming from the Android compatibility.

Hi, thanks for the updates. We're glad to know that the concern has been solved by using a different mobile device. May we know what Android device did you use? You may also check our device compatibility for our DJI Spark. Please keep us posted for further clarification. We do appreciate your understanding.

2019-2-5
Use props
smokie66
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue as do many from what I've read. DJI need to address this issue because it basicly is costing money to fix something that shouldn't need fix. I bought my spark from online used. The remote and spark were fine and the spark is still fine but after doing the firmware up date to the remote my wifi no longer is seeing it or it's not sending out a signal . From what I have found out it came from updating the remote while the spark was cut off and I can see that but there should still be some way to reset the remote and have a do over on the update. I can't afford a new remote or to even have this one fixed so I guess I'm stuck to very limited resources when it comes to flying my spark. Good luck on a fix.
2019-2-10
Use props
smokie66
lvl.1

United States

Didn't work for me. I've tried everything. When I first got this remote and the spark it (the remote) showed up fine. It said it had the firmware update. I updated it with the spark shut off and that was pretty much the end of the remote. It has not showed up on the wifi since. I've tried numerous devices and holding the buttons a certain amount of time. I've tried pairing it with the spark. Everything a newbie can think to do and might I add using the mobile device for the remote is just no fun at all.
2019-2-10
Use props
fans2ffb9e5d
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Same problem. Not used the drone for a few months, got it out to update, drone updated fine. Controller got to the late 90s% reset its Wi-fi connection, prompted to reconnect to complete - Wi-fi SSID has not showed since despite many resets.

Anyone sorted this or had any contact from DJI support?

Thank you
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans2ffb9e5d Posted at 2-25 03:41
Same problem. Not used the drone for a few months, got it out to update, drone updated fine. Controller got to the late 90s% reset its Wi-fi connection, prompted to reconnect to complete - Wi-fi SSID has not showed since despite many resets.

Anyone sorted this or had any contact from DJI support?

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know what is the color of the LED light on your remote controller?  I would like to clarify if the firmware update for the remote was successful or not? Please let us know for further assistance.
2019-2-25
Use props
Climbnride58
First Officer
Flight distance : 67736 ft
United States

I could not find my rc wifi either. Turns out it was buried under my LAN wifi. Go to your network settings, click on  your LAN wifi, and see if your rc wifi shows up.
2019-2-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Climbnride58 Posted at 2-25 14:42
I could not find my rc wifi either. Turns out it was buried under my LAN wifi. Go to your network settings, click on  your LAN wifi, and see if your rc wifi shows up.

Hi, I would like to ask if you experience the same situation? If yes, may we know what happened to your remote prior to encounter this problem? Could you verify to us if the problem is still occurring? Please keep us posted on the latest progress for further help. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-26
Use props
Climbnride58
First Officer
Flight distance : 67736 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-26 12:39
Hi, I would like to ask if you experience the same situation? If yes, may we know what happened to your remote prior to encounter this problem? Could you verify to us if the problem is still occurring? Please keep us posted on the latest progress for further help. Thank you for continued support.

Everything is working fine.  What I did is turn on Spark, turn on the RC, hold button on Spark for three seconds. The Spark, and RC are then paired. I attached my phone to the RC, went to wifi settings, and found the RC wifi. I then paired phone with the RC, and Spark. It works perfectly now.
2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Climbnride58 Posted at 3-1 13:30
Everything is working fine.  What I did is turn on Spark, turn on the RC, hold button on Spark for three seconds. The Spark, and RC are then paired. I attached my phone to the RC, went to wifi settings, and found the RC wifi. I then paired phone with the RC, and Spark. It works perfectly now.

Hi, thanks for your update. We're glad to know that the situation has been fixed. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support. May you please have a safe flight always!
2019-3-3
Use props
Jaredius
New
Flight distance : 14675 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-25 13:52
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know what is the color of the LED light on your remote controller?  I would like to clarify if the firmware update for the remote was successful or not? Please let us know for further assistance.

I get double red flash constant after updating firmware and now the RC remote wifi not showing up. I have rolled back several firmware from the PC app with no luck.
2019-3-31
Use props
Jaredius
New
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-25 13:52
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know what is the color of the LED light on your remote controller?  I would like to clarify if the firmware update for the remote was successful or not? Please let us know for further assistance.

Also, I scan the QR code on the remote through the DJIGO phone app and it scans, reads the code then says unable to join the network "Spark-RC-(myrc6char)". It appears the remote is bricked due to the mandatory firmware update. I will say during the firmware update I did not disconnect anything and the remote began a constant steady beep. It now just double-flash red constantly. Please help. It is unacceptable for me to use my mobile device to fly the drone with it's extremely limited distance restriction. Oh, there the remote goes beeping constantly again as I sit and type this while trying desperately to get this fixed.
2019-3-31
Use props
Jaredius
New
United States

This does not work to fix my issue. I still cannot see my RC in my wifi settings of my phone after the firmware update DJI forced me to complete.
2019-3-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Jaredius Posted at 3-31 13:24
Also, I scan the QR code on the remote through the DJIGO phone app and it scans, reads the code then says unable to join the network "Spark-RC-(myrc6char)". It appears the remote is bricked due to the mandatory firmware update. I will say during the firmware update I did not disconnect anything and the remote began a constant steady beep. It now just double-flash red constantly. Please help. It is unacceptable for me to use my mobile device to fly the drone with it's extremely limited distance restriction. Oh, there the remote goes beeping constantly again as I sit and type this while trying desperately to get this fixed.

Hi, we're sorry for the late response. We would recommend sending the unit into our repair facility for further evaluation of your unit. You may contact our support for further help. The repair fee would depend on the warranty of the unit as well as the outcome of the evaluation. Please let us know if you have other concerns.

www.dji.com/support
2019-4-1
Use props
djiuser_1F7wfdtmPLfI
New
United States

We are seeing the spark WIFI connection, but it says it doesn’t have an Internet connection… Has anyone had this experience?
2020-2-19
Use props
djiuser_1F7wfdtmPLfI
New
United States

djiuser_1F7wfdtmPLfI Posted at 2-19 15:01
We are seeing the spark WIFI connection, but it says it doesn’t have an Internet connection… Has anyone had this experience?

2020-2-19
Use props
djiuser_5hhxhmEwOyOr
New

Moldova

Jaredius Posted at 2019-3-31 13:10
I get double red flash constant after updating firmware and now the RC remote wifi not showing up. I have rolled back several firmware from the PC app with no luck.

Hi, did you find a way to repair sparc remote? I do have the same problem from half of the year.
2020-3-27
Use props
MaCJaX
Second Officer
Flight distance : 444193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome ! Thanks so much. This worked for me too ! So stupid it needs to be done like this and after it sits in my closet for a few months and I want to fly it again, I will see this post and my response ! lol
2023-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules