Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic Air doesn't connect to phone via WiFi nor will it link ...
27155 16 2018-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9d05ca93
Flight distance : 118340 ft
United States

I received my Mavic Air yesterday and went through the setup process, including firmware updates, RC linking to AC, connecting AC to phone via WiFi, etc. Once everything was accomplished, I did a brief maiden flight (hovered in place for a few seconds) inside the house, landed AC, turned everything off and left RC and the 3AC batteries charging. After dinner, I installed a battery in AC and tried to connect to AC via WiFi on phone. It wouldn't. Checked and Mavic Air network is nowhere to be found. I then turned on RC and, having all lights bright red and the rear blinking very fast, attempted to link RC to AC. Nothing. I then tried linking RC to AC through the app and got the same unfortunate result. I've repeated all these processes several times to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas? This is not an auspicious beginning to my relationship with Mavic Air, which is, by the way, my very first drone.
2018-2-3
Use props
PitSwiss
Flight distance : 93615 ft
Switzerland

Well, took me a while, too to finally hook them up. Connecting the phone alone does not work at all, mavic wifi ssid is not to be found anywhere. Tried two phones, to no avail.
2018-2-3
Use props
Copepe
Flight distance : 118340 ft
United States

Thanks for your input, PitSwiss. However, I had connected both the phone and the RC. They just disappeared and haven't been able to connect either one again.
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, if you connect the drone via WiFi, please try this way: power on the drone, after self-checking finishes, long press the function button in the backward of the drone for about 9 seconds, then check if the WiFi shows up. If yes, enter the initial password. If the WiFi doesn't show up, please provide me with the video of the whole operating procedure, I would like to check (provide me with the firmware info if possible, you can check the AC firmware via DJI Assistant 2 and RC on the DJI GO 4 app).
And for connecting the drone and mobile device via RC, please refer to the tutorial below, see if it helps.
2018-2-4
Use props
fansdef19292
lvl.1
Panama

Hello greetings...

I try by all means to connect my new mavic air drone via wifi, and unfortunately it does not work after following all the steps of the manual and all the tutorials of DJI and other people does not work, but I found in the forums that many people have this problem but they do not say how to solve it, I bought it in Miami and I live in Panama. What should I do ... the drone has never been flown and only has 3 days of purchase-
2018-3-3
Use props
LastBoyScout
New
United Kingdom

milindian made a suggestion in this post to disable your mobile phone's data then connect via WiFi:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =132869&pid=1233097

That is what worked for me.
After successfully connecting via WiFi I was able to switch on my mobile phone's data again without disruption however you might want to bear in mind that there is the chance that if you lose connection that it won't be able to re-establish with the Mobile Data enabled.  Either way it's a problem that needs DJI to fix.

Additionally it is worth noting that I am able to scan the QR Code successfully AND connect to the Air's Wifi however the Go4 app fails to recognise the successful connection so I can't click "Done" and waiting for the auto-completion I get after disabling my mobile data doesn't happen.  This is also the case when manually configuring and connecting via WiFi.
2018-4-12
Use props
Mushi
Belgium

I had the same experience and I will explain you the scenario:
I was able to connect to the DJI Mavic Air drone with my remote but when i tried to connect directly with the phone to the drone using Wifi I was NOT able to detect the drone WIFI SSID.
I also tried to scan the QR code and it was always saying that the Wifi could not be found and to connect manually.

I follow the advice mentioned before and in the end it worked --> TURNING OFF THE CELLAR DATA. I will present below ALL the steps I completed.

Before starting any actions make sure the your Drone firmware is up to date if not complete the updates before then re-start the drone after it was updated and then turn off the drone.
Every time after you update the firmware of the Drone it will automatically restart and it is also recommanded to turn it off and then turn it back on.

After you are sure the Drone Firmware is up to date complete the following steps:
1) Make sure the Drone is TURNED OFF  
2) TURN OFF your CELLULAR DATA on your phone
2) TURN ON the DJI GO4 application on your mobile phone --> in the application you will see the status DISCONNECTED (it is normal)
3) From the DJI GO 4 application click on Enter Device  
4) Select Connect to the aircraft then select Wi-Fi Connection
5) Follow the step 1 then click Next (from the DJI GO 4 application)
6) Follow the step 2 instruction and TURN ON the Drone then press Next (from the DJI GO 4 application) -> the LED from the back of the Drone will start blinking
7) Follow step 3 presented in the application and you need to press the button with the LED that is blinking  and keep it pressed until you hear 2 BEEPS (the blinking LED from the REAR of the Drone is actually a button)
8) IF the connection is NOT established with the Drone automatically then do the following step:
9) In the application click on the button from the left side and SCAN the QR Code (I scanned the QR Code from the case in which I received the Drone)
9) You will see the message "Connecting to the device..." and this message will be displayed for a few seconds (Aproximatively 5 seconds maybe more) then the connection to the Drone will be completed.

Once the connection is establoshed you you will see the status Connected in the DJI GO 4 application and you will be able to fly the Drone from your phone (without the remote)
Please note that with the phone there are some limitation and is always better to fly it with the remote.

IF is still NOT connecting to the Drone WIFI complete the following steps:
1) TURN OFF THE DRONE
2) TURN OFF THE WIFI ON YOUR PHONE (Eventually you can restart your phone and then TURN OFF THE WIFI)
3) TURN OFF THE CELLULAR DATA ON YOUR PHONE
4) TURN BACK ON THE WIFI ON YOUR PHONE
5) TURN ON the DJI GO4 application --> you will see the status DISCONNECTED (it is normal)
6) From the DJI GO 4 application click on Enter Device  
7) Select Connect to the aircraft then select Wi-Fi Connection
8) Follow the step 1 then click Next (from the DJI GO 4 application)
9) Follow the step 2 instruction and TURN ON the Drone then press Next (from the DJI GO 4 application) -> the LED from the back of the Drone will start blinking
10) Follow the step 3 presented on the application and you need to press the button with the LED that is blinking  and keep it pressed THIS TIME FOR 10 SECONDS - KEEP IT PRESS FOR 10 SECONDS EVEN AFTER YOU HEAR 3 BEEPS (the blinking LED from the REAR of the Drone is actually a button)
11) IF the connection is not established with the Drone automatically then to the following step: from the application click on the button from the left side and SCAN the QR Code (I scanned the QR Code from the case in which I received the Drone)
12) you will see the message "Connecting to the device..." and this message will be displayed for a few seconds (Aproximatively 5 seconds maybe more) then the connection to the Drone will be completed.

Once the connection is establoshed you you will see the status Connected in the DJI GO 4 application and you will be able to fly the Drone from your phone (without the remote)
Please note that with the phone there are some limitation and is always better to fly it with the remote.

I just bought this Drone and I have it for 2 weeks and I was not able to connect it with the phone on Wifi only but after I completed this steps it worked fine.
The solution looks to be to TURN OFF THE CELLULAR DATA OF YOUR PHONE THEN SCAN THE QR CODE and the Drone will connect via the Wifi with the phone.
I was so happy because I was not sure this is working and if the Wifi from the Drone is not broken.

I also follow this instructon presented by someone here on this forum and it is working fine.
I stopped the Drone and i connected to the remote control then I stopped and started again and connected one more time via the Wifi and it is working fine.

Fly safe and enjoy the freedom!
2018-5-9
Use props
Peter James
New

Russia

NatalyRead Posted at 2018-5-13 00:59
Did anyone here meet you guys through a Dating site?

Listen, I know that it`s strange and few persons usually take up something like this...But I`ve visited this site http://cougardatesites.com/, read about dating an older woman and now I want it! When I imagine myself lying in bed with a sweet chick who knows everything and who does everything better than any girl...Damn my blood begins to boil, the head swirls, it`s really exciting!
2018-5-13
Use props
djiuser_6Ym1lU0z74US
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120387 ft
United States

Mushi Posted at 5-9 11:23
I was able to connect to the DJI Mavic Air drone with my remote but when i tried to connect directly with the phone to the drone using Wifi I was NOT able to detect the drone WIFI SSID.
I also tried to scan the QR code and it was always saying that the Wifi could not be found and to connect manually.

I am having the same issue I'll check the rest of your post tomorrow in the daylight but I have spent over an hour trying to connect, restart, etc, and nothing has worked.
2018-12-29
Use props
djiuser_6Ym1lU0z74US
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120387 ft
United States

Mushi Posted at 5-9 11:23

I am having the same issue I'll check the rest of your post tomorrow in the daylight but I have spent over an hour trying to connect, restart, etc, and nothing has worked.
2018-12-29
Use props
A.V.hiflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067139 ft
United States

I had nothing but problems when I got my mavic air. It would connect one out of fifty try's.  DJI support just came up with the same old fixes and even ask what phone I was using but didn't catch on that I was using the wrong phone..The problem was that even though DJI 4 was compatible with my iphone, The  5SE . The 5SE is compatible with DJI 4 and flew my spark perfectly , it is not compatible with the AIR.  New phone and the Air hooked up in an instant just like the book said it should.  I should have looked at the specs. more carefully but that's all a different story
2018-12-30
Use props
djiuser_zKjDaPxiIeFV
New

Sri Lanka

Mushi Posted at 2018-5-9 11:23

Thank you for bringing some light to darkness. Since i broke my controller, it was desesperating to read all this people telling that i cant be done.
2019-1-21
Use props
fans5a9063ff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 381 ft
France

You can connect to your drone with your phone really easy, just follow this tutorial: https://youtu.be/fWhBtv24fVM
2019-4-25
Use props
fans5a9063ff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 381 ft
France

djiuser_zKjDaPxiIeFV Posted at 1-21 01:46
Thank you for bringing some light to darkness. Since i broke my controller, it was desesperating to read all this people telling that i cant be done.

https://youtu.be/fWhBtv24fVM
The solution
2019-4-25
Use props
fans0c4dc647
lvl.1

Australia

Hi there, I recently bought Dji Air, I’m trying to link the RC to the Dji Air however it’s not linking.
There’s a solid green light. When I turn on the Dji Air, there’s no sound whatever it just turns on and goes to solid green light does not blink or any sound when I turn on the drone
Tried to link with rc however cannot link, tried to find the drone via wifi unable to locate
Appreciate if anyone could help me out
image.jpg
2019-6-22
Use props
mohammad shs
lvl.1

Germany

I had a similar problem with the quadcopter connecting to the mobile phone's Wi-Fi. But I solved it with the following method. Turn on your mobile WiFi then go to the Wi-Fi settings of the phone, by scanning the drone QR code or entering it manually, add the name of the quadcopter to the Wi-Fi list of the phone. Turn on the quadcopter and after it stabilizes, press the flashing light on the back of the quadcopter for 10 seconds. First one beep, second two beeps, third three beeps you heard, now release the flashing button. Now look for the name of the quadcopter in your mobile WiFi list. By pointing to the quadcopter name and entering the quadcopter Wi-Fi password, the mobile phone will connect to the bird. Now launch the DJI GO 4 App and after selecting the bird name in the list on the top left of the DJI GO 4 App, wait for permission to fly. it's worked for me and i hope you enjoy that.
2020-12-15
Use props
mohammad shs
lvl.1

Germany

fansdef19292 Posted at 2018-3-3 10:48
Hello greetings...

I try by all means to connect my new mavic air drone via wifi, and unfortunately it does not work after following all the steps of the manual and all the tutorials of DJI and other people does not work, but I found in the forums that many people have this problem but they do not say how to solve it, I bought it in Miami and I live in Panama. What should I do ... the drone has never been flown and only has 3 days of purchase-

hello sir

I had a similar problem
2020-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules