Dji go 4.2.4 no sound or message in home point recorded
5504 18 2018-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Hi i noticed today that in dji go 4 4.2.4 android app the notification message and the sound has disapeared when home poiont is recorded...The drone flashes the lights when home poiint is recorded but not a pop up message apears naither a voice message apperars.....This can be very dangerous....

2018-2-3
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Do a manual home point setting when you have enough satellites to make doubly sure you have the home point recorded
2018-2-3
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Greece

lannes Posted at 2018-2-3 07:26
Do a manual home point setting when you have enough satellites to make doubly sure you have the home point recorded

Home point recorded successfully i can confirm that because i can see the green led flashing in the aircraft, but no message or voice notification in app....Is this an app bug or its only me?
2018-2-3
Use props
djiuser_jaNlwnxJn1BZ
New
Flight distance : 14846 ft
United States

No I'm getting the same no voice or msg I thought maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the app might help I don't know I haven't tried it yet
2018-2-3
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Greece

Reinstall did not help....
2018-2-3
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

That's a safety feature that I can't imagine DJI would remove on purpose.   Should be an easy fix for DJI should they wish to fix it.
2018-2-3
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Greece

Far_North Posted at 2018-2-3 08:54
That's a safety feature that I can't imagine DJI would remove on purpose.   Should be an easy fix for DJI should they wish to fix it.

I cant even imagine that they  have not notice this yet.....I can see more fly away.....
2018-2-3
Use props
djiuser_kGjk5cyTB6hJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160236 ft
Indonesia

i had on mine too... then i realised when i turn off the dynamic home point, the sound of "home point has been updated..."came back
2018-2-3
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

It's amazing that with each update something we had before drops out...like the HP recorded message here...and no low battery audio message in my earlier post.
2018-2-3
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Greece

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-2-3 20:47
It's amazing that with each update something we had before drops out...like the HP recorded message here...and no low battery audio message in my earlier post.

I had never activate dynamic home point so its always off.....I will try  activate it and turn it off in case something change....
2018-2-4
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Greece

Anuvis Posted at 2018-2-4 04:55
I had never activate dynamic home point so its always off.....I will try  activate it and turn it off in case something change....

Yes i forgot no low battery voice also...
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Anuvis, you are sure that the voice of your mobile device has turned on, right? Is it possible that you provide me with the video of this case? I would like to have our engineers to check. And if you have an iOS device, please also check if it relates to the system version. Looking forward to your feedback.
2018-2-4
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Greece

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-4 18:52
Anuvis, you are sure that the voice of your mobile device has turned on, right? Is it possible that you provide me with the video of this case? I would like to have our engineers to check. And if you have an iOS device, please also check if it relates to the system version. Looking forward to your feedback.

Yes volume is in max....No on screen message or voice message when home point recorded....It just records home point ( i can understand that because green led flashes) but no voice or on screen message i will test it on my iphone 5s also...
2018-2-5
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Greece

Android issue confirmed also no maps i got black screen on maps...
2018-2-5
Use props
djiuser_D7XbjFOh1RD6
lvl.1

United States

Phantom 4 pro plus after last controller firmware update no longer gives audible voice notification alert "home point recorded please check it on the map." The speaker in the controller is working because it beeps loud and clear when an obstacle is sensed. I have ensured that all software and firmware is up to date. I have over 500 hundred hours err free up until the last firmware update. Any help would most certainly be appreciated.d
2019-8-14
Use props
fans8b803c8d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55305 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller. The friendly and reassuring voice confirmation 'The home point has been updated, please check it on the map.' is intermittent, unpredictable, rare and random. Volume is at 100%. I recall when using the Mavic 2 standard RC with an iPad mini 4 the voice confirmation is always heard. DJI, please investigate and fix this essential safety feature asap.
2019-8-14
Use props
rbtmckny
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8001404 ft
Philippines

I have a Mavic 2 Zoom with a Smart Controller and I also have this issue. fans8b803c8d described the problem perfectly. I always ascend 15-20 meters then fly away. When I get 5-7 meters out I can see on my Smart Controller screen that my home point has been set. If I use RTH the Drone always lands on my Launch pad. I would like to hear the RTH has been set message every time I take off though. It always makes you a little unsure when you don't get the message, when sometimes you do.  
2019-8-17
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Same here on Crystalsky with P4 standard and P4 Advanced. But Something tells me we will never see another update on the orphaned Crystalsky monitors.  Just a hunch but I’m hoping I’m wrong.
2019-8-20
Use props
fansc87b9a03
New
Flight distance : 38894 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys. I notice this thread is a little old. However I am having the same problem with my Mavic pro 2 and the smart controller now not announcing home point recorded. Also not allowing me to swipe to take off. Not that this is important but wonder if it's linked? Any thoughts welcome. Thanks Antony
2020-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules