Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI should not stop inspire 1 production. Read why
1501 18 2018-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd845e849
First Officer
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

People are always going to buy the inspire 1 because it is the cheapest in the inspire series. The inspire 1 also has the reliability and performance to do the jobs.

Many are still going to choose the inspire 1 over the next inspires because of price, reliability and enough performance still to do the job.

There are many people like me who can never drop or afford amounts close to an inspire 2.. for a drone, it's simply not practical.

This is why dji must not stop the inspire 1 production.

Dji can make stronger zoom cameras for the inspire 1 and matrice and it can be affordable just as the walkera voyager now which has a really good x18 camera as standard at i1 pricepoint. Inspire 1 v3 ain't a bad idea either.

Until the inspire 1 is surpassed massively, production should not stop.

That means when the next generation inspires start to have like 40+ min battery life and 6k+ cameras then that's the time to stop inspire 1 but that won't happen until the inspire 4 or 5.

The inspire 1 wins in price and reliability simply. It's performance is not far at all too.
2018-2-3
Use props
fansd845e849
First Officer
Philippines

Bumpbumpbump
2018-2-3
Use props
fansd845e849
First Officer
Philippines

Example:
A supplying store of dji drone sold 100 units of inspire 1 last year but at that sane year only 25 inspire 2's were sold.

Why is that? Because of price mainly. Reliability comes next. And lastly performance capable.
2018-2-3
Use props
WernerD
Captain
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Fully agree. Inspire 1 is still a good bird and DJI has nothing comparable to offer at the moment. Would love to see an upgrade to the X3 camera though, would probably fall for that.
2018-2-3
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

WernerD Posted at 2018-2-3 07:34
Fully agree. Inspire 1 is still a good bird and DJI has nothing comparable to offer at the moment. Would love to see an upgrade to the X3 camera though, would probably fall for that.

they have upgrades, get the Z3 for 7x zoom, or the X5 for swap able lens and better quality
2018-2-3
Use props
WernerD
Captain
  • >>>
Austria

X5 too heavy and too expensive. Z3 is not an upgrade picture quality wise. I was thinking more about something in the X4S class, 1" sensor and the such.
2018-2-3
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Since both the I1 and I2 have plug-in cameras, wonder why they couldn't make an adapter to fit between the X4S/X5S camera to fit the Inspire 1?  Surely some of the pinout issues could be resolved there.  Maybe a different gimbal, but with the appropriate connection cable and jack?
2018-2-3
Use props
flighttime1
Captain
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-2-3 09:40
Since both the I1 and I2 have plug-in cameras, wonder why they couldn't make an adapter to fit between the X4S/X5S camera to fit the Inspire 1?  Surely some of the pinout issues could be resolved there.  Maybe a different gimbal, but with the appropriate connection cable and jack?

Not sure why so many think this is possible when the I2 has the bulk of the electronics in the bird and not the camera. Not going to happen. This change makes for a much lighter camera which in turn makes less work for the gimbal. Overall, it's a huge improvement in the design.
2018-2-3
Use props
fansd845e849
First Officer
Philippines

It also looks flir isn't making XT for the inspire 2 because they know sales are even worse.

Military and job inspections are using xt on inspire 1 and matrice.

Flir won't invest their time on the inspire 2 because we can already see that now with sales. Inspire 3 comes out at the end if this year.
2018-2-3
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 2018-2-3 16:19
It also looks flir isn't making XT for the inspire 2 because they know sales are even worse.

Military and job inspections are using xt on inspire 1 and matrice.

Inspire 3 coming out? should I take a second loan on my mortgage?
For a hobbyist like me I think I will be keeping the I1 for a while.
2018-2-3
Use props
fansd845e849
First Officer
Philippines

Bummppp...
2018-2-5
Use props
fansd845e849
First Officer
Philippines

Bummmpppbuu
2018-2-5
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why do we keep bumping this.

Free bump
2018-2-5
Use props
fansd845e849
First Officer
United States

Inspire 1 still sells more
2018-2-6
Use props
fansd845e849
First Officer
Philippines

Bummmppppbuuu
2018-2-8
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Stop bumping this thread - DJI will not listen to you.
If people keep buying it, they will keep making it - end of story.
2018-2-8
Use props
WernerD
Captain
  • >>>
Austria

Nevertheless I agree with the suggestion of keeping the I1 in stock even more, now.

The Mavic Air, I would say, has a superior camera quality than the X3 of the Inspire 1 and it is much smaller.

So why would I take the I1 ever again with me? Because its heaviness gives it stability in difficult situations and the dual operator mode.
Of course DJI can develop a true successor of the I1 with all the obstacle avoidance etc.
But they could also take the I1 as is, make it cheaper as its development costs are well earned yet and all tools to manufacture it exist already.  Only the camera is its weak spot and that can be replaced.

Alternative is to develop a successor but keep the I1 frame pretty much as is, just swap out the electronics. But here as well, in many cases you do not need obstacle avoidance as there is nothing to avoid - free field flying. In other words, the I1 line for the cheap, the I2 line for the TV studios.
2018-3-2
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.4

Philippines

WernerD Posted at 2018-3-2 01:48
Nevertheless I agree with the suggestion of keeping the I1 in stock even more, now.

The Mavic Air, I would say, has a superior camera quality than the X3 of the Inspire 1 and it is much smaller.

They could easily make x4s, x5s or x7s cameras compatible, that's easily possible because the matrice 100,200 and 600 series could use both I1 and I2, they share the same mount.

Problem is Dji thinks that inspire 2 wont ever sellout if they updated the inspire 1 with the newer existing cameras.
But they're both in different categories due to big price gap so selling a lot of inspire 1's wont affect inspire 2 sales.
2018-3-2
Use props
djiuser_fiQgdFqHaUQg
lvl.4

Philippines

WernerD Posted at 2018-3-2 01:48

Or not but dji could make updated gimbal connectors for the newer cams
2018-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules