iOSD Scrolling video problem Z15-5D - Help!
899 2 2018-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BEAP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 586670 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm doing a crash repair of a Zenmuse Z15-5D gimbal. (Broken gimbal was not the HD model.) Bought a new Z15 HD to replace the one that was damaged in the crash.  Everything works fine except the video on the receiver scrolls rapidly making it impossible to view.  It worked for a time, but started scrolling and I haven't been able to stop it.  I think that happened when I moved the switch on the gimbal to HD then back to AV.

Here is the setup:

DJI S1000 Aircraft
A2 Controller.  Futaba transmitter to A2 for pilot.
iOSD Mark-II to AVL58 video Downlink.  Fieldview 777 Monitor (AV)
Futaba tx/rx connection to Z15 for camera control.

Things I have tried.

The problem seems to be isolated to the iOSD.  It seems like a frame rate from the camera confused it and it hasn't been able to recover.  As a test, I took a working iOSD with steady video and plugged it into the controller and it immediately started scrolling.  Strange thing is that I can now unplug everything and put a battery and the downlink transmitter on the iOSD and the video still scrolls.  This same configuration before connecting to the A2/Z15 showed steady video of the telemetry (no video applied).

I have tried a variety of settings on the Canon 5D HDMI output thinking that if I can get the right frame rate it will fix the problem.  I even updated the firmware on everything, Camera, iOSD, A2, and Z15.  I was careful when doing the firmware upgrade to keep the working iOSD working as a reference.  Before connecting this iOSD to the aircraft, I did the static telemetry display test and had steady video.  Then upgraded to the latest firmware and still had steady video.  Connected to aircraft and scrolling started.

Of course I have also tried various settings on the display monitor and different monitors and receives.  No difference.
2018-2-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sir, did you fix the drone? I would not recommend you repair it on your own. Please keep us updated about the situation of your Z15, thanks.
2018-2-3
Use props
BEAP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 586670 ft
  • >>>
United States

Called DJI Support and described the problem.  Their suggestion was to replace the A2 Controller.  This didn't make much sense, but I did it anyway.  Still no luck.
2018-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules