Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IMU Calibration Required
2610 15 2018-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rustic17
Captain
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

The last three days when I first turn on Sparky I get a red IMU Calibration Required message.  If I wait about 15 seconds it disappears.  The first two days I did do the calibration after flying with no issues, even though the message disappeared.  Today, I got the message, I waited for it to go away, and then flew with no problems.  All three days, I changed batteries three times...each time when powering back up and reconnecting with the RC there was no message.  It was just the first power up each day when the message appeared. Three days in a row.  Any thoughts???
2018-2-3
Use props
Solestacz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

all i can think is "that's weird". my spark also seems to have quirky behaviors like that (though not the exact message you're getting)- almost as though multiple copies of the AC firmware are present, and take turns booting up. flying fine, but behaving kinda inconsistently.
2018-2-3
Use props
Kloo Gee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was your Spark colder than normal when you fired it up the first time?  
2018-2-3
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
United States

Nope...Arizona...75 degrees.
2018-2-3
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
United States

Does the IMU Calibration Required message time out or will it stay on until calibration is completed?  I'm wondering if the 15 seconds is a message timeout or whether the issue resolves itself.
2018-2-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It should time out but won't resolve itself. Suggest you let the drone cool down completely (lower than took temp) then turn on and immediately calibrate the IMU.
2018-2-3
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
United States

Okay...still same problem today after doing a cold IMU Calibration yesterday.  On first start of the flying day I get a red IMU Calibration Required message at the top of the screen.  After about 20 seconds, it goes away. After is goes away,  I go to the sensor page and everything looks good...ACC1 is 0.001 to 0.003 and GYRO1 is the same.  The little bars are green but barely showing.  Do you think the Spark is safe to fly???
2018-2-4
Use props
Oldmaninwva
First Officer
Flight distance : 9750253 ft
United States

Did this IMU error start after the latest a/c firmware update??  I had an issue with the OTG cable and when in use it would display the "Weak Image Transmission" error but never had any issues with the image quality.  The latest update resolved that (when using the OTG cable).  Kinda wondering if a firmware update created any other false error reporting.
2018-2-4
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
United States

Yes...it started after DJI Go 4 4.2.5 was loaded.
2018-2-4
Use props
fansa6d9d300
lvl.4
United Kingdom

sorry! i'm gonna say it. i would delete the go4 app and try again.
2018-2-4
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
United States

Yeah...I've done that a couple of times.
2018-2-4
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I had 2 or 3 days ago 3 IMU warnings and needed to recalibrate for 3 of 5 or 6 batteries.
Yesterday I had it after 2 batteries in the morning, but not at all in the evening and 5 batteries.
Changes to before: Changed from .14 to .15, because the .14 gets me crashes since updated from Nougat to Oreo

The warnings came with .900 and a android Go4 version .15.otg.offline map
Yesterday evening I flew wifi and latest android GO4 2.4.no maps.even with mobil data white.lots of Weak Image Transmission

Tomorrow I'll try to use .14 and/or .15 on Nougat again.

2018-2-4
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
United States

My main question is even if I get the message, but it goes away, if I check the sensors and I'm green is it safe to fly?  One other question, is IMU working even when I'm in GPS mode?  Is it what keeps the drone in level flight, GPS or ATTI?
2018-2-4
Use props
ronan tahiti
Captain
Flight distance : 736473 ft
Fiji

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-2-4 12:39
My main question is even if I get the message, but it goes away, if I check the sensors and I'm green is it safe to fly?  One other question, is IMU working even when I'm in GPS mode?  Is it what keeps the drone in level flight, GPS or ATTI?

HI
did you manage to solve your problem??I got the same...

let me know how you get it solved..

thanks
2018-5-23
Use props
Jerman678
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6099 ft
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-2-3 13:06
Was your Spark colder than normal when you fired it up the first time?

i have been having the same issues,  I can fly, and i can calibrate my imu.  I will go two or three flights then i get the" imu calibration required" indications again.  This has happened several times but i can eventually fly or calibrate it and goes away.  But i have never developed the issues till winter.  Temps anywhere from 15 degrees Fahrenheit  to 35 degrees Fahrenheit.  Is that the issue the temps? I do know about the manufacture recommended flying temps but i have a friend that has a mavric pro 1 and does not have the issue?
2019-2-23
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
United States

Once I finally got on a flat surface away from anything metallic I was able to calibrate the IMU...that was over a year ago...haven't had to calibrate since.
2019-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules