123Next >
83287 100 2018-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
plainman007
lvl.2

India

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-2-6 16:46
I use an Android and it makes no difference to me.  I don't use the side USB.  I use the USB-A on bottom.  No charging from there.  I tried the side port when I first got it, but as you said, battery, heating....  Haven't had a problem since I switched.  Samsung Note 5.  Android 7.0

You are WRONG. I have tried it just now with my new AIR and it charges even when connected from the RC bottom USB.
2018-7-13
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

plainman007 Posted at 2018-7-13 21:17
You are WRONG. I have tried it just now with my new AIR and it charges even when connected from the RC bottom USB.

yeah, well my comment was made way back in February.  I've learned since then... and thank you about being so Vehement about it.  
2018-7-14
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-7-14 04:38
yeah, well my comment was made way back in February.  I've learned since then... and thank you about being so Vehement about it.

Sorry. I didnt mean to rub it in or anything. I was pi$$ed off generally with the remote battery draining problem with my new AIR that i bought yesterday. My anger with the product performance was just showing through. I apologize.

Found that maintaining the phone at 100% battery is one work around for this problem.

2018-7-14
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

plainman007 Posted at 2018-7-14 07:27
Sorry. I didnt mean to rub it in or anything. I was pi$$ed off generally with the remote battery draining problem with my new AIR that i bought yesterday. My anger with the product performance was just showing through. I apologize.

You know.... I've never really thought about it since I always start out with my phone battery at 100%, but when I land after flying with 3 batteries, controller is about 45% and my phone is at 60%.  What would my phone be at if the RC WASN'T pumping power to my phone?

2018-7-14
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-2-3 19:30
Use an iOS device, it doesn't charge them!

Easy solution works for me
2018-7-15
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

Brad Bilger Posted at 2018-7-14 13:55
You know.... I've never really thought about it since I always start out with my phone battery at 100%, but when I land after flying with 3 batteries, controller is about 45% and my phone is at 60%.  What would my phone be at if the RC WASN'T pumping power to my phone?

Cant say. I today flew 2 batteries worth. My phone was @ 98% and the RC was at 75% after the entire session, go figure. Works for me this way.
2018-7-15
Use props
FLM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55817 ft
Poland

Hi!
Today I flew 5 batteries.  Approx. 20 mins per flight with 20-25% left. After 5 batteries, controller battery: 50% for 100 minutes total flight time.
AC: Mavic Pro - NLD firmware V01.04.0300 (still testing), avoidance sensors off, only landing on.
Controller - latest firmware, stock
DJI Go 4 - 4.1.22 NLD mod. Still testing.  
Mobile device - Samsung S8+, rooted, custom OREO firmware. From 70% to 40% for 100 mins flight, screen recording ON, mobile data ON, GPS ON.
App used to disable charging: Battery Charge Limit  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.slash.batterychargelimit
This is the only one app which works for me and it really stops the charging to zero mAh. Tested in two ways. I suppose it doesn't work without root, but try and see if..
Before, without this app, after 2 batteries controller had 50% battery left.  I tried to modify the usb cable in all ways, doesn't work so don't waste your time with that.
So far for me this is the only solution but I'm very happy now with that.
Cheers!
2018-8-13
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

I dont see this as an issue, I plug my powerbank in the micro USB on the controller, and put my phone or tablet in the full size usb on the back of the controller. This way the controller and phone get charges. I just clip the battery powerbank on my pocket
2018-8-22
Use props
Nick1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 248258 ft
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2018-8-26
Use props
Nick1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 248258 ft
United States

My post was shielded? lol
2018-8-26
Use props
DebG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30138 ft

Nick1 Posted at 2018-8-26 11:25
My post was shielded? lol

What did it say?
2018-9-1
Use props
djiuser_wa6Lp8ic36OE
New

United Kingdom

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-2-4 18:57
I'm guessing this is an Android OS  issue that DJI has no control over. Have you looked at this? Requires rooting your device: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.bramantya.stopcharging&hl=en

I'm  not sure what others think about the  constant updating of the firmware, the limitations on distance and height restricted, if an item is advertised being able to reach a maxim of 1.2 oe 2k i expect it to do just that. I have the Mavic Air and f
2018-9-4
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Don't see any big problem using Android device. Can fly 4 batteries on Spark or MA with no hassle
2018-9-6
Use props
CompleteNewbie
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_RzPtC98IFcwU Posted at 2018-7-3 13:15
I have stopped my Mavic Air controller charging my honor 7 phone by tricking the phone and controller.
This definitely stops any power been taken by the phone. It is an easy mod to the cable.

I like this! Do you have any more details? Could you share what kind of switch that is? Are there any other parts I'd need to try this cable mod?

Also, how is the Honor 7 phone doing for you? I'm using a Nexus phone that's about 3 years old and believe it's causing RC/connection problems. It might be the phone only has 2GB RAM, but even when all batteries are fully charged (Mavic, RC, Phone) my phone heats up in the exact place on the phone when it is rapid charging.

I'm looking for a CHEAP phone, but with enough RAM and processor to use for my Mavic 2 (only for the MAVIC, would not be used as a regular cell phone for work, etc., wouldn't even have a SIM card or cell service)

Thanks!
2018-9-6
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

There's one solution, replicate the wireless OcuSync experience of the DJI Goggles with smart devices. Then no problems with either RC experiencing a draining battery (I've had no problems with RC battery) and overheating smart device (I have seen my Samsung S7 overheat on very hot days).
2018-9-7
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Or root your phone and tablet. Xda has almost all models and ways around the manufacturer locks.
2018-9-7
Use props
Jimmy Chu22
lvl.2
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-7 20:23
Or root your phone and tablet. Xda has almost all models and ways around the manufacturer locks.

Hello thehippoz,

Much appologies, but you are wrong, wrong, and more wrong.  You cant root many phones with Oreo.  Especially Samsung with KNOX and others with QFUSE especially snapdragon chips.  Please do little research before spouting for crying out loud.  You want to disable charging?  Easy, just scratch out charge pin in USB plug, so it not make contact and charge phone.  Nobody figure out power not charge phone if power cant get into phone?  Really?  Not have to be engineer like me, simple concept.

Happy Day

Jimmy
2018-9-9
Use props
Jimmy Chu22
lvl.2
United States

I have stopped my Mavic Air controller charging my honor 7 phone by tricking the phone and controller.
This definitely stops any power been taken by the phone. It is an easy mod to the cable.

That working solution for sure, glad to see someone handy on forum for a change.  Good job sir!

Happy day,

Jimmy
2018-9-9
Use props
Jimmy Chu22
lvl.2
United States

Hello djiuser_RzPtC98IFcwU

Good job on switch in cord!
That working solution for sure, glad to see someone handy on forum for a change.  Good job sir!

Happy day,

Jimmy
2018-9-9
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Jimmy Chu22 Posted at 2018-9-9 14:52
Hello thehippoz,

Much appologies, but you are wrong, wrong, and more wrong.  You cant root many phones with Oreo.  Especially Samsung with KNOX and others with QFUSE especially snapdragon chips.  Please do little research before spouting for crying out loud.  You want to disable charging?  Easy, just scratch out charge pin in USB plug, so it not make contact and charge phone.  Nobody figure out power not charge phone if power cant get into phone?  Really?  Not have to be engineer like me, simple concept.

You just put in a custom rom? What's wrong with you lol And if the maker like huawei won't give you a unlock code. There's a ways around that too.
2018-9-9
Use props
Jimmy Chu22
lvl.2
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-9 15:02
You just put in a custom rom? What's wrong with you lol And if the maker like huawei won't give you a unlock code. There's a ways around that too.

I not have Huawei

antirollback, knox, and qfuse work different on different phones.  blanket statements not apply hippo

Happy day,

Jimmy
2018-9-9
Use props
fans66488b86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 728235 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe you can turn this option off in the dji go app in the battery section. For some reason it only shows this option on the ios version of the app.
2018-9-19
Use props
fans66488b86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sorry... it's located under the controller settings section. You can turn the charging off
2018-9-19
Use props
fans66488b86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sorry... it's located under the controller settings section. You can turn the charging off
2018-9-19
Use props
fans66488b86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here is a pic of it
Screenshot_20180919-081219.jpg
2018-9-19
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-2-3 19:30
Use an iOS device, it doesn't charge them!

mine (iPad 10.5, latest version, latest iOS (12)) is charged! When using the Mavic Air AND when using my Phantom 4 PRO...

Max

BTW before flying I charge my iPad to 100%... then it almost stays 99-100% during flights...
2018-9-23
Use props
djiuser_z1za179TamhR
New

Malaysia

It's 2018 and a fee months away from 2019. They've even launched Mavic 2 pro.

Yet they haven't figure the hell out on how to stop the RC from charging mobile device connected to it.

One flight of 20 minutes leave me with 20% of RC battery. So much for fly more.

Tq DJI
2018-9-26
Use props
Drone34
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84091 ft
United States

This option does not appear on DJI GO4 version 4.3.3 loaded on iPhone 8+ or iPad Mini 2.  That said, although I have not monitored for it specifically, I have not noticed an RC battery drain to charge those devices, but will keep an eye out for it.  Usually fly on iPad Mini 2 using USB port on RC.
2018-9-27
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

This is an interesting one as I now use a Crystalsky and this does not take power from the controller and this allows my controller to last for seven MP batteries.
2018-9-30
Use props
djiuser_lvuWrUo4ykP2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277946 ft
Italy

For android, it's enough cut the negative wire of the USB cable and solder a 390 or 470 Ohm resistente on it.
Tablet/phone recognize that an USB charging cable is linked, but not enough voltage can pass to recharge the device.
charging led probably turn on, and also the battery icon show charging, but no charging at all.
Made 4 battery with only 40% battery drain on my remote.
2018-10-9
Use props
djiuser_lvuWrUo4ykP2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277946 ft
Italy

Hope u can see..
IMG_20181007_224318_624.jpg
IMG_20181009_183017.jpg
2018-10-9
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Charging device is very good option and is not a problem, just fully charge your remote controller and you're done. I don't prefer to do any kind of modifications and not recommend them.
2018-10-17
Use props
cms3717
lvl.1

United States

SubUser Posted at 2018-5-24 11:23
No, I have already tried it.

split the coating on a USB cord to expose the wires. cut the +5v (red) wire and solder in a 440ohm resistor. Done
2018-10-22
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

The option for disable charging must be added in all versions .....  too many angry users
2018-11-1
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

dbparti024 Posted at 8-22 11:56
I dont see this as an issue, I plug my powerbank in the micro USB on the controller, and put my phone or tablet in the full size usb on the back of the controller. This way the controller and phone get charges. I just clip the battery powerbank on my pocket

Has anybody else tried this? Does it really work?

I have a 10,000mAH solar power-brick which I use when in the Australian outback to recharge my phone and use the DJI Fly-More car charger for the r/c and flight batteries.
2018-11-2
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Thats the answer, just cut the trace or line to the =V line on the data cable. I forget which ones are the +v/return. Google search will define it.
I believe it is the outer two lines +v and ground, and the inner two lines are the Data and Data gnd.
Just cut the +v line.
2018-11-19
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

for people who say it doesn't charge ios device... or suggesting maybe impossible for Dji to toggle something like this, here's some facts:

the RC charges iOS devices at 750mA (upto 0.750 Amps @ 5 volts) and Android at 1750mA (up to 1.75 Amps@ 5 Volts)  

i understand DJi's logic, dont want your phone/tablet dying in the field as it is critical part however, the drain on controllers can be very intense.  my mavic air flying with my LG V10 at 100% brightness tears though batteries. i got 6 flights done and i was down to "critical voltage" on my RC and it was still charging...    as for on iOS, 0.75 amps isn't much of an issue.. infact i done 10 flights and still have more than enoguh to do it again next day without charging up the RC..

solution we as a community want from DJi is the ability to toggle it on and off in the Dji go  app option UNIVERSALLY..  or atleast a "reduced charge rate" option ..or both.. toggle to disable charging and a toggle to reduce power when it is charging..
2018-12-17
Use props
TC KABREW
lvl.3

Austria

A CW Posted at 2018-2-3 14:40
Ensure your RC and device are 100% charged before heading out and buy a battery to power bank adaptor if your flying more than 6 batteries and the answer is number 3.

why would you need 6 batteries, i would never shoot for that long
2019-1-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TC KABREW Posted at 1-1 16:34
why would you need 6 batteries, i would never shoot for that long

I know professional pilots who will use over 20 batteries on a shoot...
2019-1-3
Use props
TC KABREW
lvl.3

Austria

nice work, well done
2019-1-3
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules