Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DISABLE Remote Controller from charging phone battery **POLL
82992 100 2018-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ny300z
First Officer
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

i find it funny that people are saying the "fix" is to carry around power banks and stuff. Might as well tell the OP the solution is to use a gas generator when out in the field.

Whether it personally bothers you or not its an dumb issue that should be fixed.
2019-1-3
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Captain
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Should be able to turn charging option off in the system settings of the android menu
2019-1-5
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

You have an Android phone, I have an Android phone.

No two manufacturer's do it the same though, each put's their own 'innovations' into the phone so they modify the Android system, maybe to send you selected advertising for a new and better phone, maybe to check out your links and friends, The bottom line is that nowaday's no two Android systems are the same.

The basic Android Operating System was designed to suck power from any available source to keep it alive so I do not think that it is fair to blame DJI for your choice of phone,

At the end of the day I prefer Android over a locked down and overpriced Apple system that tells one what to do, and for how much or we will slow you down and is even more invasive than one''s Android phone.

Like buying a gasoline car, one has to learn the downside, it won't run on diesel fuel. So get used to it, it's not DJI running the gas pump.

I honestly believe that they (DJI) try to make their app compatible with as many popular Android devices as  possible but, like a vehicle, a tyre or spark plug does not fit all models.

Is this DJI's fault or the manufacturer of the vehicle?

Get used to it or go to the dark side and buy an iPhone!
2019-1-10
Use props
fans63a3586e

United Kingdom

Hi djiuser I have a haiwe media pad m5 and have tried the cable mod with a resistor. When the mobile device is connected it isn’t charging but the go 4 app does not connect either. Maybe the resistor i used is to much. With the media pad connected the voltage on the wire drops to 1.2 volts. It’s 2.6 v i think after the resistor without the pad connected. Maybe i should try it as you say with a 390 ohm resistor
2019-1-23
Use props
mmoci
lvl.1

Croatia

Any comments from DJI on this subject. Anyone knows? I think this is major issue. Solutions like "use iOS" or some rooted apps on Andrid that are not reliable and requires root(I try) are not solutions, same as hacking cables. I wouldn't consider even using USB-A as solution. Sometimes you can't do that...
It suppose to work without those things for Android users.
It has to be solution.
If there is rooted app on android phone for this, why wouldn't be some official DJI app that could stop charging? Anyway, it has to be some solution.
It is major problem on my opinion and no one makes attention on it.
On longer run battery life is  affected by fast and often charging and discharging. I know it is in DJI interest to sell as much as they can and have really nice products but draining batteries is big issue and should be treated like that.
I would much more appriciate fix for this issue than adding some additional flying intelligent modes on drones or some cosmetic changes.
2019-2-28
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

I bought a Zenfone 3 when I bought my Mavic Air, due to it having such a bright screen (brighter then my iPhone and most other phones I looked at in the price range). I tried it the other day, the RC keeps it at 100% but the RC battery depletes a whole lot faster. On the phone I get a notification about the USB being in “charge mode”, I can change that to a few other things like network protocols, media transfers etc, but it always pops back to the charging mode when the RC is plugged in (on both ports).

Is there really no way you can shut down the power connector on the USB ports in your controller, DJI? Why you gotta be silent on issues you can’t solve? Why are people working at DJI so scared of making an “official statement”? It’s either that you’re working on a solution, or, you’re not and you can’t fix it.
2019-3-23
Use props
Terry Snow
Flight distance : 147890 ft
United States

The solution might be in the hardware.  What would happen if you could use a USB cable with no positive charge wire connected? I have been looking for one, but have not found it yet.
2019-4-23
Use props
Terry Snow
Flight distance : 147890 ft
United States

Don't Waste a USB cable on this fix. I took the V+ pin out of a cable it does not charge it does not do anything.
2019-4-23
Use props
djiuser_t8hlVjUdXZqr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100541 ft
Croatia

I fixed my problem by cutting off ground and shielding wires from the cable. Only data +/- and +5V. Nokia 6 user.
2019-4-29
Use props
zappy54
First Officer
Flight distance : 446900 ft
United Kingdom

Time pack in when you got do that because of Android os
2019-4-29
Use props
zigggy1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331 ft
United States

I have an S8 and my controller would be drained to near nothing while my S8 stayed 100% after one Mavic battery flight. After searching for solutions and fixes or how to root my phone to disable USB charging I stumbled upon a way to disable my USB charging on my unrooted S8 phone. This may not work for all android phones but it worked for me. All I had to do was punch up my phone pad and dial ##DATA# (##3282#). This opened a list of hidden settings to be viewed and/or edited. To edit these setting you will have to enter a six digit MLS PIN number. Mine was '000000' (default for some android phones from what I've read) otherwise you can obtain your MLS PIN number for your phone by contacting your carrier (which could be hit or miss depending on how nice they are). Once the MLS PIN number is entered you can go to the USB Charging setting in the list and disable it. My phone no longer charges from the controller and I was able to get all three of my Mavic battery flights in with 40% -45% battery left on controller and phone when done. You will need to re-enable the USB Charge setting before you charge your phone even if you charge wirelessly like I do. But it's so easy to do IF you have your MLS six digit PIN. Hope this helps some people.
2019-7-7
Use props
zigggy1
lvl.1
United States

What is the question? Is it yes or no to have option to disable USB Charging or is it yes or no to not have option to disable USB charging on Android devices? Or am I completely off base here? Please ask a specific question before asking readers to answer something so vague.
2019-7-8
Use props
anjeloff
lvl.1
Bulgaria

The issue is not with Android OS! Android OS has the option to stop charge by USB - but the controller always turn it back!
The issue has been and will be always with the DJI software which is a big ... !!! I've been having this pops out message with other tools and I choose - data transfer only and then charging stops . But with the DJI Controller case is different and seems that the DJI does not do anything to fix that . They just see people complaining and they are like staying and laughing aside
I have a Ronnin S also and never have ever thought before buying it that such a company like DJI would allow so many camera brands and models not compatible with their gimbal. Well, I thought the same with Mavic Air and bought and found out that they still develop software compatible with specific brands and tools - it is like somehow they have a deal with IOS, with Canon and Sony or I do not know what ... that is stupid and ridiculous  I swear never ever again to buy DJI product anymore  ... I am selling my DJI stuff and that 's all with the stupid software they develop
2019-7-19
Use props
zigggy1
lvl.1
United States

anjeloff Posted at 7-19 08:29
The issue is not with Android OS! Android OS has the option to stop charge by USB - but the controller always turn it back!
The issue has been and will be always with the DJI software which is a big ... !!! I've been having this pops out message with other tools and I choose - data transfer only and then charging stops . But with the DJI Controller case is different and seems that the DJI does not do anything to fix that . They just see people complaining and they are like staying and laughing aside   
I have a Ronnin S also and never have ever thought before buying it that such a company like DJI would allow so many camera brands and models not compatible with their gimbal. Well, I thought the same with Mavic Air and bought and found out that they still develop software compatible with specific brands and tools - it is like somehow they have a deal with IOS, with Canon and Sony or I do not know what ... that is stupid and ridiculous  I swear never ever again to buy DJI product anymore  ... I am selling my DJI stuff and that 's all with the stupid software they develop

You are wrong. Android does NOT have an option to turn off USB charging unless rooted or by the method stated in my previous post. And the DJI controller does not turn you USB charging back on. It is always on. There is no option of 'Data Transfer Only'. It is 'Transfer Files' and as with all the other options USB charging always stays on. The only option to do ONLY one thing is the 'Charge Only' option.
2019-7-23
Use props
SuperCurro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2357828 ft

djiuser_t8hlVjUdXZqr Posted at 4-29 09:58
I fixed my problem by cutting off ground and shielding wires from the cable. Only data +/- and +5V. Nokia 6 user.

Could someone do a How to build a USB cable (usb C) only data? I think at the end is the only solution.
2019-9-10
Use props
djiuser_9YDUGHlRbIdD
lvl.4
United States

I got tired of waiting for their programmers to catch a clue: Buy a USB cable and cut the +5 volt line
2020-1-11
Use props
Kozjegyzo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7999 ft
Hungary

Here is the solution I've found:
2020-1-14
Use props
djiuser_J4g3UOf4qWGW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66220 ft

United States

Go to your settings
About phone
Software info
Then tap on build number several times till it say developer open
Then go back to the bottom of settings you will see new section developers then Go in through there and allow debugging scroll down till you see protocol where you wanted to be PTP not charging
2020-9-20
Use props
TommyTee
lvl.1

United States

I can turn off charging in my S9.. js..
2020-10-8
Use props
MontaukDrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 1929918 ft
United States

TC KABREW Posted at 2019-1-1 16:34
why would you need 6 batteries, i would never shoot for that long

I have 6 batteries as well...  it's not that you would actually "shoot that long", but sometimes environmental conditions or the nature of what you're trying to capture may require the ability to stay in the air for extended periods of time to catch only a few short moments of video...
2020-10-18
Use props
Harry Jones
lvl.1

United States

I just purchased a mavic mini and had a heart attack when I saw how fast the remote control battery drained charging my Samsung S9.
I Then went to youtube and found this video:

Mavic Mini and Mini 2 remote charging Android phone ISSUE SOLVED!   

link :    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDID4SvpbLU&t=72s

Many thanks to the creator of this video - Zolly .

I obtained diode 1N4004 from a local electronics store (micro center) for $1.99 and followed his instructions.  

My samsung S9 has the USB type C connector so I didnt want to ruin the micro USB to type C remote control cord experimenting, so i purchased a micro USB to type C adaptor ($3) and executed the video instructions on the unused micro USB to micro USB cord that was included with the drone.
=> make sure diode band is pointing in the direction of the phone !!

Worked 100% - now the remote control no longer charges my Samsung S9 when they are connected.

2021-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules