Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I had to return my Air
12Next >
2560 40 2018-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb763e07f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 325098 ft
United States

2018-2-3
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

You're already second or third youtuber getting lemon device. I wonder if DJI even flight tests these things before packing them as part of QA...
2018-2-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It looks like a great drone but there does appear to be some quality control issues for sure - I read about several DOA's now and many with no issues at all! First batch I guess.
2018-2-3
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

A CW Posted at 2018-2-3 15:01
It looks like a great drone but there does appear to be some quality control issues for sure - I read about several DOA's now and many with no issues at all! First batch I guess.

It's like that with all the hardware... first batch is a test drive, than the next ones get some minor hw fixes and work awesome. Tough life of early adopters...
2018-2-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-3 15:04
It's like that with all the hardware... first batch is a test drive, than the next ones get some minor hw fixes and work awesome. Tough life of early adopters...

I learn't that one quickly with the P4P. Beta customers are brave!
2018-2-3
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

DJI strikes again
2018-2-3
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

C'mon... its not just DJI. This is actually a nature of business in high-tech...
2018-2-3
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

The nature of the drone business strikes again!
2018-2-3
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-3 15:00
You're already second or third youtuber getting lemon device. I wonder if DJI even flight tests these things before packing them as part of QA...

Coming from a company that has had multiple Phantom 4 battery failures and DOA batteries? Nope!
2018-2-3
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Looks like you are one of three on the forums with this exact problem..........
2018-2-3
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Having watched his first video on the Air, don’t think he was a fan to begin with.
2018-2-3
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-2-3 15:35
Having watched his first video on the Air, don’t think he was a fan to begin with.

Oh yes, the first one was quite revealing ;-)
2018-2-3
Use props
drown84
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176312 ft
United States

lovely...mine just did that for the first time today...this was like the 8th or 9th flight, started vibrating on taking off exactly like the video, but then it stopped and didn't think much of it....looks like mine might have a less severe version of this issue.
2018-2-3
Use props
BigBallVlogs
lvl.1
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-2-3 15:35
Having watched his first video on the Air, don’t think he was a fan to begin with.

Whats that have to do with anything. But your deduction is correct.....
2018-2-3
Use props
BigBallVlogs
lvl.1
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-3 16:29
Oh yes, the first one was quite revealing ;-)

I just call it like I see it... Not worth selling the MP for or buying when the MP2 may be coming soon.
2018-2-3
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BigBallVlogs Posted at 2018-2-3 17:10
Whats that have to do with anything. But your deduction is correct.....

It wasn’t a deduction.  I think some of that last video was click bait.  You asked.
2018-2-3
Use props
BigBallVlogs
lvl.1
United States

Instead of defending the air I choose to show the real news. I was at the release in NY and none of those units or the ones the big youtubers got for free are going to show you you may want to wait a while until the buggy and crowd R&D is done
2018-2-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

BigBallVlogs Posted at 2018-2-3 17:11
I just call it like I see it... Not worth selling the MP for or buying when the MP2 may be coming soon.

Maybe it is, because you might find a price drop with your MP when MP11 comes out.
2018-2-3
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

While I agree with your assessment about the the reviews from the “big Youtubers”, I still think that showing a video about a faulty Air is not an unbiased review.  It’s clickbait.  Especially when you made a first video explaining about all the things you disliked about the MA. You mentioned you were probably gonna return it.  Fine, return it end of story.  No need to dramatize by making a video of a faulty drone.  It’s DJI, quality control is not #1.
2018-2-3
Use props
BigBallVlogs
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-3 17:19
Maybe it is, because you might find a price drop with your MP when MP11 comes out.

You're not going to get top resale on a first model Mavic or any Mavic if the 2 comes out or the Evo and Evo 1" with what they are offering so might as well just keep it as a back up. I have no plans to sell mine. Its still and amazing drone with dozens more options than the Air. Like RC/ Occusync, Wireless with goggles, Filters. Zoom, Portrait mode, Focus, Filters, 13 flight modes including Waypoint....
2018-2-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

BigBallVlogs Posted at 2018-2-3 17:38
You're not going to get top resale on a first model Mavic or any Mavic if the 2 comes out or the Evo and Evo 1" with what they are offering so might as well just keep it as a back up. I have no plans to sell mine. Its still and amazing drone with dozens more options than the Air. Like RC/ Occusync, Wireless with goggles, Filters. Zoom, Portrait mode, Focus, Filters, 13 flight modes including Waypoint....

You might be right, you will also find many of the features came from firmware updates 15 in all, so I expect in 12 months MavAir May very well have a host of new features, as you know that’s the way these things go. You seem to be making this thing about Mavic V MavAir, but I guess that’s the way you tubers get their kicks.
2018-2-3
Use props
StevieJSmall
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249846 ft
United States

Sorry to see/hear about your Mavic Air troubles. Regardless of your initial impressions in your other video, it certainly doesn't give the opportunity to change your mind when you run into issues like this upon a maiden voyage.

At least you have your Mavic Pro to fall back on and enjoy. Hopefully the next drone release (whether it be a Mavic Pro II or otherwise) hits the mark for your personal tastes as well as be defect free out of the box.
2018-2-3
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Interesting, mine did the same thing today ~5th flight.  I thought it had something to do with the cold -20°C.  It only did it in hover, as soon as I started forward motion it stopped but returned when the MA hovered again.  I kept flying and after 2 - 3 minute it no longer vibrated when it hovered.Tested it later in the house and it was smooth, no vibration.
2018-2-3
Use props
drown84
lvl.2
United States

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2018-2-3 17:48
Interesting, mine did the same thing today ~5th flight.  I thought it had something to do with the cold -20°C.  It only did it in hover, as soon as I started forward motion it stopped but returned when the MA hovered again.  I kept flying and after 2 - 3 minute it no longer vibrated when it hovered.Tested it later in the house and it was smooth, no vibration.

yea i just retested mine after it did it outside for the first time. I think I might agree that it has something to do with cold...was flying it at about 25F outside when it did vibrations on takeoff.
2018-2-3
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

drown84 Posted at 2018-2-3 18:09
yea i just retested mine after it did it outside for the first time. I think I might agree that it has something to do with cold...was flying it at about 25F outside when it did vibrations on takeoff.

That is only a few degrees below the lower temp spec.  When mind vibrated I kept on flying and after a minute or two the vibration went away.
2018-2-3
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine is doing the same thing.
45 degrees out today and no wind. Not even a slight breeze.
2018-2-3
Use props
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

Mine did this a couple times already after take off but it goes away after 10 seconds or so. Then is fine after that. I thought it was because the sensors were detecting objects several feet away but now I see I am not alone. Maybe I will swap out the blades - could be one is not formed correctly or balanced correctly...
2018-2-3
Use props
BillTheDroneReviewer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1211427 ft
  • >>>
United States

Based on everything  I’ve read, I going to hold off another month or so.
2018-2-3
Use props
1px0ff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237238 ft
United States

did you try resetting the IMU?  Not saying that there wasn't a real problem with the drone, but if the IMU doesn't have a proper calibration then it can't know the correct orientation of the drone and is going behave oddly.  If it were mine, I would have changed out all 4 props, test.  Calibrate IMU, test.  if it is still goofy then you know there is a deeper problem.  
2018-2-3
Use props
Jason WAI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

it's First batch problem, I guess
2018-2-3
Use props
drown84
lvl.2
United States

Can confirm this has something to do with the cold. Took off inside today no issues, and went outside ~35 F and started vibrating on takeoff...it went away after about a minute of flying around (maybe something to do with motors being too cold?).
2018-2-4
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

glad you didn't fly it off to far and it crashed lol i know a lot of others would
2018-2-4
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Did any of you with this problem switch out the props with completely different ones and see? A brand new set change, anyone?
2018-2-4
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Edrone had same problem with his mavic air and it was fixed by re calibrating the compass ? just a thought
2018-2-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

rolling56 Posted at 2018-2-4 12:29
Did any of you with this problem switch out the props with completely different ones and see? A brand new set change, anyone?

Exactly my thoughts.
2018-2-4
Use props
fans27468af5
lvl.1

United States

https://youtu.be/LPlQvmoJU0Y
2018-2-4
Use props
fans27468af5
lvl.1

United States

https://youtu.be/LPlQvmoJU0Y
2018-2-4
Use props
fans27468af5
lvl.1

United States

https://youtu.be/LPlQvmoJU0Y think I may have the problem figured out hopefully dji can do some kind of firmware update to fix this
2018-2-4
Use props
fans27468af5
lvl.1

United States

fans27468af5 Posted at 2018-2-4 14:44
https://youtu.be/LPlQvmoJU0Y think I may have the problem figured out hopefully dji can do some kind of firmware update to fix this

2018-2-4
Use props
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

Thanks to the guy who made this video showing how stable it flew in his living room compared to vibrating outside in the cold weather. I would like to hear from the guy in the first video to see if his problem is solved by flying indoors.

Now, what would cause this? The ESC circuit acting different when cold? The motors behaving different when the rotor and windings are cold???
2018-2-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules