Forward stick in GPS mode - Mavic curves right. Why? Fix?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SanDiegoAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14980 ft
United States

There are many times when you want to follow a straight path (or road or pier or whatever) for filming.  When I do this in GPS mode with ~20 sattelites, I just push directly forward with the right stick, which should be a 100% straight flight.

What happens is that it begins well for the first 100 feet or so, but then begins a right curve that increases in speedness as the distance gets larger.  

This is really a problem when I need to fly in a straight line backwards -- to fly under a pier or area where I want to fly forward through the space to know I have a clear path, then come back through that path.  If I depend on GPS, it will crash because it will keep curving.

I've done no recalibration (example the usual compass dance) since I bought the Mavic, and there are no warnings or other issues -- no drifting on hover, etc.  so I think the calibration is good and I don't want to mess up a good calibration.  Perhaps something is wrong with the sticks in the controller?

The Phantom 1 used to do this, and DJI blamed it on a software error that 'forgot' to factor in differences between true north and magnetic north.  Did they leave that bug in?
2018-2-3
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Have you done a Joystick Calibration....?
2018-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules