DJI insp 1 gimbal fail initialize completely and transmission lo...
826 6 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Håkan K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Upgraded app to latest and checking all OK, all was fine. When restarting the craft a second time the gimbal start initialize and comes around at first but then just hanging there. At the same time image transmission lost. See video.

Tried:

- Another X3 which is working. Stop at the same place. (X3 and gimbal OK)
- Checked the connectors > gimbal on the craft. All good.
- Checked the connectors between craft > gimbal mount all OK as far as I can tell. dismounted the card from the craft and the 2 cables to verify.

Before I send it to DJI, anything else to check?

Thanks!

2018-2-4
Use props
Håkan K
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

I got the solution from a fellow in another forum:

"Take the camera off and put it back into travel mode for several seconds then back up to landing mode. Attach camera and try again."

Another lesson learnt.
2018-2-4
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

you got lucky, last time and only time that happened to me the main camera board was fried, and cost $240usd to fix it
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Håkan, glad to know you figured it out, per the video, after powering on, the indicator becomes blue, which means it is in Travel Mode, the aircraft may recognize the wrong mode, thus the gimbal cannot be controlled.
Please keep us updated if there is any other problem.
2018-2-6
Use props
Donnie - Apple 0
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Looks too me like it was not anything to do with the camera but the AC was in travel mode and would NOT engage until the camera was  disconnected.  The blue light is what is telling me this.  Glad you got it figured out , Did you try to put it into travel mode somehow with the go app (accidentally) or switch the landing gear toggle 4 times by any chance right before this happened ? Or was it just something that happend after the update ? ( stranger things have happened, just trying to understand )

donnie
2018-2-6
Use props
Håkan K
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Donnie - Apple 0 Posted at 2018-2-6 07:08
Looks too me like it was not anything to do with the camera but the AC was in travel mode and would NOT engage until the camera was  disconnected.  The blue light is what is telling me this.  Glad you got it figured out , Did you try to put it into travel mode somehow with the go app (accidentally) or switch the landing gear toggle 4 times by any chance right before this happened ? Or was it just something that happend after the update ? ( stranger things have happened, just trying to understand )

donnie

I was actually trying to get it into travel mode switching the gear toggle at some point in time during the process but can't recall the exact events.
2018-2-6
Use props
Donnie - Apple 0
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Håkan K Posted at 2018-2-6 08:57
I was actually trying to get it into travel mode switching the gear toggle at some point in time during the process but can't recall the exact events.

That is more than likely what happened then as toggling 4 times will put the AC in travel mode , BUT if the camera is connected it will get locked up .

always make sure the camera is  removed off the aircraft when going into travel mode .

Cheers

donnie
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules