Mavic Air IMU Calibration Stuck at Step 2
45254 28 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd3e8526f
lvl.1
Canada

I am trying to calibrate the IMU on a new MAvic Air.  I am following the pictures on the DJI GO 4 app but it is stuck at about 90% on step two where the aircraft nose is facing to the right. It is on a level surface (a wooden table)

2018-2-4
Use props
fans3ef6fd9c
lvl.1
United States

Same here. Also with my Spark. SO frustrating.
2018-2-7
Use props
kfloke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

You need to turn your drone same as the picture show on the screen
2018-2-8
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Yeah...make sure your orientation is correct.  I just did the same thing today....I was standing there waiting and thought it was hung up, and then oriented the craft correctly and it proceeded.

It's hard for these old eyes to get the angle perceptions right somtimes... ;-)

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2018-2-8
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Why are u doing imu cal? Values jacked up? App tell u too? Otherwise u shouldnt calibrate
2018-2-8
Use props
kfloke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

I calibrate because first time fly my Mavic Air, it auto fly backward after take off
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Please try to cool it down and calibrate it again. I would recommend you change a mobile device. And provide us the screenshot of the app. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-11
Use props
djiuser_EhsFwxPNJmRY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

Hi. For a successfull IMU calibration you have to follow the directions of positioning your mavic air, excactly as you see in screen. Just think you are standing facing your drone in the same level. So if you facing the drone positioned at screen at it's  top surface, you  have to place it with it's top surface towards to you, which means that the drone it is standing on the surface on it's side. Accordingly when you facing the done on screen with it's side, means that you have to set it standing normaly on the surface. Remember...the perspective is that you looking the drone standing at the same level. NOT from above of it. Hope thiw helps.John
2018-4-1
Use props
djiuser_EhsFwxPNJmRY
lvl.3
Greece

Correct positioning for IMU calibration

Hi. For a successfull IMU calibration you have to follow the directions of positioning your mavic air, excactly as you see in screen. Just think you are standing facing your drone in the same level. So if you facing the drone positioned at screen at it's  top surface, you  have to place it with it's top surface towards to you, which means that the drone it is standing on the surface on it's side. Accordingly when you facing the done on screen with it's side, means that you have to set it standing normaly on the surace.  Remember...the perspective is that you looking the drone standing at the same level. NOT from above of it. Hope thiw helps. John
2018-4-1
Use props
e143slime8
lvl.1

United States

I, too was stuck on 2 of 6. After reading this, I did find that the Drone positioning illustration on the app was the clue. Thanks for educating me.
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

e143slime8 Posted at 2-19 14:41
I, too was stuck on 2 of 6. After reading this, I did find that the Drone positioning illustration on the app was the clue. Thanks for educating me.

Hi, we're sorry for the problem that you had. However, we're glad that you've managed to fix the concern about IMU calibration. Please let us know if you have other concern. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-19
Use props
PainIsAPromise
New
United States

Pay attention to the orientation of the drone.. Very important, and honestly not noticeable. DJI should put text under the picture of the drone with slightly clearer instructions.
2019-7-18
Use props
fans4886ae0c
lvl.2

djiuser_EhsFwxPNJmRY Posted at 2018-4-1 15:36
Hi. For a successfull IMU calibration you have to follow the directions of positioning your mavic air, excactly as you see in screen. Just think you are standing facing your drone in the same level. So if you facing the drone positioned at screen at it's  top surface, you  have to place it with it's top surface towards to you, which means that the drone it is standing on the surface on it's side. Accordingly when you facing the done on screen with it's side, means that you have to set it standing normaly on the surace.  Remember...the perspective is that you looking the drone standing at the same level. NOT from above of it. Hope thiw helps. John

Thank you Sir... I was stuck for 25 mins yesterday and another today until I saw your post...Folks follow the directions here and this should only take a few seconds
2019-9-25
Use props
Malibukoko
New

Hey guys,

Any idea what a "No attitude data to IMU" would mean on a Mavic 2 Pro ? I did 2 or 3 proper IMU calibrations but i still cannot take off.

Sorry to hijack this post but i cannot create any new one and cannot find a reason why, so i do what i have to do to get this 1500$ toy to work as it is supposed to...
2019-9-27
Use props
sinatra
New
Norway

The instructions are horrible. Period.
2019-12-29
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Greece

fans4886ae0c Posted at 2019-9-25 14:12
Thank you Sir... I was stuck for 25 mins yesterday and another today until I saw your post...Folks follow the directions here and this should only take a few seconds

It was my pleasure to help!!
2020-1-4
Use props
djiuser_m1vuGM4HfQAx
New

United Kingdom

djiuser_EhsFwxPNJmRY Posted at 2018-4-1 15:26
Hi. For a successfull IMU calibration you have to follow the directions of positioning your mavic air, excactly as you see in screen. Just think you are standing facing your drone in the same level. So if you facing the drone positioned at screen at it's  top surface, you  have to place it with it's top surface towards to you, which means that the drone it is standing on the surface on it's side. Accordingly when you facing the done on screen with it's side, means that you have to set it standing normaly on the surace.  Remember...the perspective is that you looking the drone standing at the same level. NOT from above of it. Hope thiw helps.John

I finally got there with this answer. Thank you!
2020-5-8
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Greece

djiuser_m1vuGM4HfQAx Posted at 5-8 22:47

My pleasure..
2020-7-3
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Greece

fans4886ae0c Posted at 2019-9-25 14:12
It was a pleasure for me to give you a hand!!
2020-7-8
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Greece

djiuser_m1vuGM4HfQAx Posted at 5-8 22:47

It is a pleasure to help.
2020-7-8
Use props
nicktrapbag
New

United States

Post #9 is the answer, thank you!
2021-3-15
Use props
fans60f2347a
New

Croatia

I have a Mavic Pro received system fault and had to calibrate IMU , didn’t go any further then step 2 So I went here in this forum and followed the advice. Conclusion: make sure the drone is positioned exactly as shoe on the image , straight up, upside down, sideways ,….
2021-8-7
Use props
haeljess
lvl.1
Italy

My mini 2 will not calibrate at all ?.
2021-8-28
Use props
Sam446
New
Germany

Ich habe auch ein Problem mit der IMU-Kalibrierung.
Fernbedienung sagt ich soll es tun. Hatte aber vorher schon länger mit einem anderen Problem zu tun, dadurch war das Handy und der Akku im Copter leer und ich mußte abbrechen.
Bei den Neustarts komme ich bis "kalibrierung starten" aber wenn ich auf den Button drücke tut sich nichts.
Woran kann das liegen?

I also have a problem with the IMU calibration.
Remote control says I should do it. But had to do with another problem for a long time, so the cell phone and the battery in the copter were empty and I had to stop.
When restarting I get to "start calibration" but when I press the button nothing happens.
What can that be?
2021-8-29
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Monk32 Posted at 2020-1-4 13:34
It was my pleasure to help!!

@Monk32, your post was made a long time, pre-covid.  And it is still helping people.  : ). Thank you sir.  I was stuck on this also.
2021-11-26
Use props
Monk32
lvl.3
Greece

TonyPHX Posted at 2021-11-26 14:11
@Monk32, your post was made a long time, pre-covid.  And it is still helping people.  : ). Thank you sir.  I was stuck on this also.

It is my pleasure to give a hand whenever it is necessary, as i got help from others at my first steps too.
2022-10-8
Use props
djiuser_Db4N5RPkAX8S
New

United States

djiuser_EhsFwxPNJmRY Posted at 2018-4-1 15:26
Hi. For a successfull IMU calibration you have to follow the directions of positioning your mavic air, excactly as you see in screen. Just think you are standing facing your drone in the same level. So if you facing the drone positioned at screen at it's  top surface, you  have to place it with it's top surface towards to you, which means that the drone it is standing on the surface on it's side. Accordingly when you facing the done on screen with it's side, means that you have to set it standing normaly on the surface. Remember...the perspective is that you looking the drone standing at the same level. NOT from above of it. Hope thiw helps.John

Hello, you seem to be the calibration expert. I have a DJI Mavic Air 2. I am unable to fly the drone because it says I need to complete an IMU Calibration. I folded up the drone as shown in the picture and placed it on a flat surface, however the "Start" button on the App appears to be stuck and it wont let me start the calibration process. Thoughts?
2023-2-25
Use props
djiuser_Db4N5RPkAX8S
New

United States

I have a DJI Mavic Air 2. I am unable to fly the drone because it says I need to complete an IMU Calibration. I folded up the drone as shown in the picture on the app and placed it on a flat surface, however the "Start" button on the App appears to be stuck and it wont let me start the calibration process. Thoughts?
2023-2-25
Use props
Husker
New

United States

Calibrating my DJI Pro Platinum and was stuck step 2/5...a big DUH on me...looked at the photo on the app and positioned my drone as shown in the app.  Each step was a change of the positioning...bingo. Drone calibrated and now fully functional.
2023-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules