1627 20 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dalat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42828 ft
Slovakia

Hi folks,

I have a notorious known problem with distance (30m / 50m). I was browse whole internet and tryed everything, even downgrade to previous firmware, but without success, still caged at 30/50 meters. My last steps after upgrade back to 1.09.02 was:

1. uninstall dji go
2. install dji go (latest ver 3.1.26)
3. turn on RC and AC
4. switch to my home wifi from PHANTOM wifi
5. turn on motors
6. login to the dji go with internet access
7. switch to PHANTOM wifi and turn on CAMERA
8. done some initial settings (gimbal calibration, etc)
9. went outsisde, made compass calibration - got status "safe to fly"

Unofortunately, the problem still persist and Im starting have a suspicion, that is something hardware wrong (RC, antenna, drone)

My specs: phantom 3 standard, mobile android HTC one M7

I will appreciate any advice or what Im doing wrong?? Many thanks
2018-2-4
Use props
VE7ABR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317651 ft
Canada

Sign into your dji account,make sure you aren’t in begginers mode
2018-2-4
Use props
VE7ABR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317651 ft
Canada

2018-2-4
Use props
dalat
lvl.1
Slovakia

VE7ABR Posted at 2018-2-4 10:31

No, Im not in begginers mode, that was one of things, that I checked
2018-2-4
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Sign out in DJI Go app. Force stop DJI Go app in settings. Open DJI Go app and sign in. This should get rid of the 50/30m range restriction.
2018-2-4
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

dalat Posted at 2018-2-4 10:51
No, Im not in begginers mode, that was one of things, that I checked

If you haven't made an account with DJI, do so and then sign in using the app.
2018-2-4
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

1st switch to home WIFI
2nd make the update to the latest version of the Go app
3dr  sign in to DJI via go app and stop the app
4th power up the RC and then the AC and if the RC´s LED is solid green then connect the mobile with RC´s WIFI
5th start the app and tab <camera> wait for message "home point has been updated please check it on the map"  
6th fire up the motors and have fun.

2018-2-4
Use props
dalat
lvl.1
Slovakia

MerlinL14 Posted at 2018-2-4 10:58
Sign out in DJI Go app. Force stop DJI Go app in settings. Open DJI Go app and sign in. This should get rid of the 50/30m range restriction.

ok, thanks, I will try this: force stop dji go, this step I did not do
2018-2-4
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

All the above advice is good but after those options you might try toggling your S1 switch through P Mode to ATTI Mode and back to P Mode...you could be stuck in beginners mode and this toggle action might unlock it
Good Luck
2018-2-4
Use props
dalat
lvl.1
Slovakia

Still same unfortunatelly......

today:
1. deleted cahe files and unistall dji go 3.1.26
2. install dji go 3.1.28 (last release)
3. login into app with internet connection and stop it
4. went outsidse, turn on RC, AC, wait for RC solid green
5. start app, tap camera, Safe to fly and wait for home point recorded info
6. start motors, takoff and......signal lost at approx. 30m altitude

I tought, could be something wrong with my account? For example, is normal, that I did not received any confirmation mail from dji after registering a new user? Because in this case, anyone can use a fake email address.....

Some next ideas?

I still have a feeling, that I something missed

Thanks
2018-2-5
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1653848 ft
Croatia

My friend had the P3 standard and the same problem. After a lot of testing, changing firmwares we came to the conclusion that the problem is in the remote controller. After disassembling the RC we found a cracked antenna wire. Unfortunately, even after changing the antenna and cracked wires, the range increased to about 100m.
2018-2-5
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

Since you state it is a loss of signal, I do not think it is any of the other restrictions. Those will just prevent you from going past a certain distance and do not result in a loss of signal.

Does this only happen going to altitude? I ask because you need to ensure your controller antennas are not being blocked. This can happen more easily if you are going straight up.
2018-2-5
Use props
dalat
lvl.1
Slovakia

Texas-Mark Posted at 2018-2-5 09:59
Since you state it is a loss of signal, I do not think it is any of the other restrictions. Those will just prevent you from going past a certain distance and do not result in a loss of signal.

Does this only happen going to altitude? I ask because you need to ensure your controller antennas are not being blocked. This can happen more easily if you are going straight up.

Altitude is around 30m and straight horizontal distance is around 50m (max)
2018-2-5
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

If it is a loss of signal, then as someone else noted, you probbaly have a problem with the controller rather than some other distance restriction.
2018-2-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

How old is your  P3, and has it been crashed or had any hard landings?
2018-2-5
Use props
dalat
lvl.1
Slovakia

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-2-5 11:30
How old is your  P3, and has it been crashed or had any hard landings?

1 month and nothing crash or hard landing......I made some carrefully flights with factory firmware (Im not sure of the version), then after a few days I updated to 1.09.02. And from this point I have problem with distance
2018-2-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I would update the firmware again, then reinstall the GO app first
2018-2-5
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

dalat Posted at 2018-2-5 08:33
Still same unfortunatelly......

today:

By logging in,  they mean Logging into DJI, the DJI account you made to register the drone. The password you hopefully remember. The login in is done in the app, not just opening the app. Once in the Go app, you must find the login for DJI. Its hard to find. In app opening screen go to lower right corner. Press Me. On next page press the wheel like logo in the upper right. At bottom of that page  sign in using the password you used to setup the aircraft. If it says Sign out, then sign out and then sign in again.

2018-2-5
Use props
dalat
lvl.1
Slovakia

stuka75 Posted at 2018-2-5 19:20
By logging in,  they mean Logging into DJI, the DJI account you made to register the drone. The password you hopefully remember. The login in is done in the app, not just opening the app. Once in the Go app, you must find the login for DJI. Its hard to find. In app opening screen go to lower right corner. Press Me. On next page press the wheel like logo in the upper right. At bottom of that page  sign in using the password you used to setup the aircraft. If it says Sign out, then sign out and then sign in again.

Im doing so exactly.....first sign out through the personal data and  stop dji go in mobile app. settings. Anyway then Im forced  to Login, the app does not start without that.....
2018-2-5
Use props
dalat
lvl.1
Slovakia

dalat Posted at 2018-2-5 23:17
Im doing so exactly.....first sign out through the personal data and  stop dji go in mobile app. settings. Anyway then Im forced  to Login, the app does not start without that.....

Hi all, so the problem was somewhere in HW. After a complaint with a trader, was replaced RC and AC too. Now evyrythig goes fine, but the max. range is approx. 250m. Do You have some experiences with skyREAT Copper Parabolic Antenna ? Increases range, or is it waste of money? Thanks
2018-3-12
Use props
Zsolti
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1882113 ft
Romania

dalat Posted at 2018-3-12 01:53
Hi all, so the problem was somewhere in HW. After a complaint with a trader, was replaced RC and AC too. Now evyrythig goes fine, but the max. range is approx. 250m. Do You have some experiences with skyREAT Copper Parabolic Antenna ? Increases range, or is it waste of money? Thanks

Yes, that parabolic antenna will increase range, but it works best with the Magic Power mod (it puts your drone in FCC mode and increases the WIFI signal) Mine reaches 2km without signal drops in rural area.
2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules