Estimated RC battery life on a single charge
2271 8 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tomsbird
lvl.3
Flight distance : 633901 ft
Canada

Does anyone know what the expected battery life (on a full charge) is for the Mavic Air remote controller.  I saw one video where the guy said he was down to 50% after one flight!  Not much point in getting the "Fly More Combo" if that's the case.  My P3P controller seems to last forever on a single charge so only two flights with the Mavic Air would be a disappointment. I don't need to know the exact time, but somewhere >3 flights would be nice.
2018-2-4
Use props
drown84
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176312 ft
United States

Definitely not, I'm down to 3 dots after 2 flights. So thats like 8 flights or about 2 hours.
2018-2-4
Use props
Tomsbird
lvl.3
Canada

drown84 Posted at 2018-2-4 11:13
Definitely not, I'm down to 3 dots after 2 flights. So thats like 8 flights or about 2 hours.

Perfect.  Sounds like plenty.  Thanks for the reply
2018-2-4
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

According to the specs it's about 2.5 hours.
2018-2-4
Use props
Tomsbird
lvl.3
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-4 14:20
According to the specs it's about 2.5 hours.

Thanks Wachtberger.  This is helpful.  I've been following lots of your posts and you always have some good insights. Have you gotten you MA yet?  I have had the P3P now for 3 years and I'm very happy with it but the small size and price point of the MA are appealing.  I haven't ordered mine yet but still doing research.
2018-2-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Mavic Pro RC lasts for 2.5 hours and takes 2 hours to charge from 15% to 100% (the Phantom RC takes about 5 hours to charge). The MA has the same RC battery specs as the MP's RC.
You'll also have a battery to power bank adaptor in the MA fly more combo which you can use to take a depleted flight battery to recharge the RC whilst out in the field between flights.
If the person who stated his RC hits 50% after one flight is even true then he'll have a defective RC battery.
2018-2-4
Use props
Tomsbird
lvl.3
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-2-4 14:26
The Mavic Pro RC lasts for 2.5 hours and takes 2 hours to charge from 15% to 100% (the Phantom RC takes about 5 hours to charge). The MA has the same RC battery specs as the MP's RC.
You'll also have a battery to power bank adaptor in the MA fly more combo which you can use to take a depleted flight battery to recharge the RC whilst out in the field between flights.
If the person who stated his RC hits 50% after one flight is even true then he'll have a defective RC battery.

I don't think he was that reliable of a source but he did get me thinking.  Thanks for the response.
2018-2-4
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Tomsbird Posted at 2018-2-4 14:26
Thanks Wachtberger.  This is helpful.  I've been following lots of your posts and you always have some good insights. Have you gotten you MA yet?  I have had the P3P now for 3 years and I'm very happy with it but the small size and price point of the MA are appealing.  I haven't ordered mine yet but still doing research.

Hi Tomsbird, Yes I have received it on Friday and today was the maiden flight (didn't have enough time yesterday and first day was reserved for setting everything up and getting to know all the new functions etc.). My first impression is that this is a real awesome vessel. During my maiden flight I have had two camera issues though that others hopefully will be able to explain. I'll post it hereafter, just have a look.
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Mavic Air has 2970mAh battery capacity, and if connecting the RC to an Android device, because it might charge the mobile device, so it might speed up the battery consumption.
2018-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules