Phantom 4 Pro+, Drone continuosly beeping after firmware update
4497 9 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
karagonat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I bought a new Phantom 4 Pro+ last year. Yesterday I powered it on to prepare for a first flight. It prompted for a firmware update and I proceeded with it.

After the firmware update I powered the drone on. The camera / linking status light flashed green and then turned red. The gimbal moved. The front leds and the aircraft status lights are off. The drone then starts emitting a loud beeping noise. I have left it on for 1 hour 40 minutes with the pattern of the beeping noise changing from time to time. I then powered it off, then back on again. The same sequence of events occurs. The controller was switched off while I was doing this.

When I connect it to my PC (Windows 10) and run DJI Assistant 2 (version 1.1.2-2) it cannot load the Firmware List. When I try to Restore Factory Defaults in DJI Assistant it fails.

My Controller (Pro+) is running version V1.2.2.0 which it says is the latest version.  When I then power on the drone (still beeping) the front leds and the aircraft status lights are off but the camera / linking staus light is green and the Pro+ controller says it is Connected. When I tap on 'Go Fly' the camera works and the camera angle can be adjusted by the controller. The DJI Go 4 App shows 'Ready to Go (GPS)' but the GPS Signal Strength indicator is greyed out (the drone is inside a building). The drone is still beeping with the pattern of beeps changing from time to time and the front leds and the aircraft status lights are still off.

When I connect the controller to the drone with the OTG cable and press and hold the 'Academy' icon in the DJI Go 4 app I get a screen which states 'Firmware version: 01.05.0300(AC)', and gives an option to 'Downgrade firmware' to 01.05.0300 or 01.04.0602. Leaving it on 01.05.0300 and tapping 'Start Updating', it then starts updating with the camera / linking status light on the drone alternating between green and red. The Status LED on the controller is green, The update sometimes proceeds to about 58% then reverts to 50% then fails. Sometimes it reaches 99% then fails. It fails with error code 0x020b003. The same thing happens if I try to downgrade the firmware to 01.04.0602. I have tried this with Wi-Fi switched on and off. With Wi-Fi off pressing and holding the 'Academy' icon doesn't get me to the screen to update the firmware. I can't find any other way to update the firmware through the DJI Go 4 App.

Many hours of beeping from the drone is driving me crazy...

If anyone can help me with this problem it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, I'm afraid that the beep will not go if the aircraft has not been updated to the latest version successfully. Please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 from the corresponding product page and reinstall. Then connect the aircraft with PC and refresh the firmware. I'll attach the tutorial video for a double check. Please keep us posted on the latest progress, thanks!

2018-2-6
Use props
karagonat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-6 19:29
Hey there, I'm afraid that the beep will not go if the aircraft has not been updated to the latest version successfully. Please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 from the corresponding product page and reinstall. Then connect the aircraft with PC and refresh the firmware. I'll attach the tutorial video for a double check. Please keep us posted on the latest progress, thanks!

https://youtu.be/DVIcrDvh9BQ

Hi Susan,

Thanks very much for your reply.

I managed to get DJI Assistant 2 working. The drivers installed by DJI Assistant 2 are not signed. I had to disable driver signature enforcement in Windows 10 to get them installed.

DJI Assistant 2 (version 1.1.2-2) now loads the Firmware List and starts to install version 01.05.0300. It reaches 28% then it fails with the message 'Battery Update Error. Please disconnect and reinsert the battery. Aircraft will try repairing automatically'. It also shows error code: 0x02b03. I have tried reinserting the battery and I have also tried other batteries (I have 3 batteries). It always fails at 28%.

Please let me know how to proceed.
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

karagonat Posted at 2018-2-7 04:18
Hi Susan,

Thanks very much for your reply.

Could you refer below and export the upgrade log for analysis?

Assistant 2(Windows) C: /Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
2018-2-9
Use props
karagonat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks Susan. I've attached the upgrade log file.

2018_02_07@16_40_02_upgrade.rar

934.33 KB, Down times: 3

2018-2-9
Use props
karagonat
lvl.1
United Kingdom

[SOLVED] RE: Phantom 4 Pro+, Drone continuously beeping after firmware update

karagonat Posted at 2018-2-9 08:00
Thanks Susan. I've attached the upgrade log file.

Solved this problem by giving up on DJI's terrible support service and sending the aircraft to Buzzcam, the affiliate drone repair shop in the UK for the company I bought the Phanrom 4 Pro  from. They returned it to me within 1 day with all the firmware 'upgrade' issues resolved.

I'm not criticizing the DJI support staff who were courteous and trying to help but DJI's support system is broken. Two weeks of frustration and time wasted. For example the controller and DJI Assistant generated 2 error codes:  0x020b003 and 0x02b03. Despite numerous requests no one in DJI support was able to tell me what fault condition they indicated. Error codes aren't randomly generated. They will be coded in DJI Assistant or the  firmware. Why don't support staff have a list of the error codes and the events that trigger them?
2018-2-16
Use props
nJo-nJo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51355 ft
Bulgaria

Because they take your money and don't care what do you think!
2018-2-17
Use props
fansf555b2a8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2014892 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hello Karagonat and Susan, I'm having the exactly same issue! Anyone could please help me with a solution?
2018-9-18
Use props
VinnyAllenMX
lvl.1

I am having this problem as well.  Reason for trying to refresh firmware is that I have a vision error problem.  When trying to refresh firmware, I get the same "battery update error".  It also stops at 28%.  Tried removing and replacing battery and using another battery to no avail.  How can I get around this?
2018-9-22
Use props
fans2fbb7d50
New

United States

any solutions anyone please
2018-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules