A2 drifiting The saga continues
2300 9 2015-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
doug.dougjohnso
lvl.1

United States

I posted a similar thread on the 550 page but I think it mght be more of an A2 question.

My rebuilt F550 with e300 motors is drifting forward in Atti mode. It satys reasonably solid in GPS mode, but when I go to ATTI the 550 noticibly pitches forward and begins to travel quickly forward.

I've calibrated everything.

The A2 gyro numbers bounce around but I can't remember what acceptable tolerances are for that.

I've even tried mounting the battery back but the craft pitches forward the moment I take it out of GPS.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks
Doug

2015-4-28
Use props
doug.dougjohnso
lvl.1

United States

Just to make sure I'm looking at the right error...

Does this LED sequence mean that I have a bad compass? I have tried to recalibrate several times but this sequence keeps popping up.

2015-4-28
Use props
doug.dougjohnso
lvl.1

United States

So I called DJI and they said I probably have a bad IMU (but wouldn't commit to that) so I ran to the store and bought a NEW IMU for 700 dollars.

I came home and installed the unit and guess what.

The EXACT same flashing with the new IMU.

I'm flying in the same spot I always do and have never run into this before.

Can someone please look at the youtube link and confirm that the flashing is indeed the LED sequence for bad compass data?

Also I would appreciate ANY input on what else it might be.

Thanks
Doug
2015-4-28
Use props
doug.dougjohnso
lvl.1

United States

OK I may have solved my fast blinking issue.

At my wits end I went through every setting in the assistant software and I came across the 'Flight Restriction' section.

I do live about 5 miles from an airport so I thought that MAYBE the A2 was telling me that I was near an airport.

I switched off the airport flight limit and guess what... The flashing LED stopped.

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php ... on%2B_Flight_Limits

Errrg now I hope I can return the Very expensive A2 IMU I just bought and 'only' get the 15% restocking fee.
2015-4-28
Use props
HMArnold.msn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

Man, am I glad you figured that out

I have been flashed many times, but never like that

Next time I see a kinky yellow combination I'm going to move 10 miles and try again

Thanks
2015-4-29
Use props
doug.dougjohnso
lvl.1

United States

Yeah that was the worst part. The manual says green yellow = bad compass data. The lights I was seeing were definitely green and yellow; just not one then the other.
2015-4-29
Use props
airport
lvl.1

Australia

doug.dougjohnso Posted at 2015-4-29 07:40
OK I may have solved my fast blinking issue.

At my wits end I went through every setting in the ass ...

I found what the problem was with the yellow flashing LED  on the A2 FC, as someone suggested it might be  flight limits, went more into it and  took my S1000 for a drive 20 Km from our International airport , turned on the A2 FC and the yellow flashing had stopped, the I drove to and area close to the Airport and turned on the A2 FC and the LED turned red, as per manual. if you live  or want to fly close to airports these are the LED signs you will get.
2015-5-2
Use props
doug.dougjohnso
lvl.1

United States

airport Posted at 2015-5-3 12:28
I found what the problem was with the yellow flashing LED  on the A2 FC, as someone suggested it m ...

Thanks. That's what I figured out...

If DJI is going to add LED warnings that should be in the release notes as well as the manual and in the manual it should be in the 'LED indicator descriptions' section.

The most frustrating thing was that on DJI tech support suggestion I went out and bought an expensive IMU replacement because they didn't recognize what the blinking meant.

I had to pay a 15% restocking fee to return the IMU.
2015-5-3
Use props
airport
lvl.1

Australia

doug.dougjohnso Posted at 2015-5-4 08:45
Thanks. That's what I figured out...

If DJI is going to add LED warnings that should be in the re ...

yes I agree with you, I was doing my head in working out what it was, unfortunately for you it cost money
2015-5-3
Use props
MacATX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25840 ft
United States

What does purple and yellow blinking lights after a compass calibration mean?
2017-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules