New Phantom but the battery does not charge
702 6 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cocopelli
New

Netherlands

I have bought a new Phantom 3 standard but the battery does not want to charge LED 1 keeps flashing constantly. after that, LED 1 and the red button will flash 3 times every few seconds. does anyone know what the problem is.

2018-2-4
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I would send it back and have it replaced.
2018-2-4
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Agree with alabama send it back to place of purchase and get it replaced.
The problem is most likely that the drone and battery have been sitting on a shelf for so long that the battery has self drained to the point of no return.
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Please provide a video about the situation for further check. Did you try to charger? If you fail to charge the batteries many times, please contact us. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-11
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

OK ... I agree with Hellsgate - probably sat too long on the shelf.

But try this ..... and I am surprised that DJI Elektra has not advised this as well ..

The battery may have gone into Hibernation and all the button pressing in the world will only keep it there.

So what to try ?

DJI give explicit instructions how to re-boot a Hibernation Mode battery :

1. Form dead cold .... switch on battery - NOW LEAVE IT ALONE ... ignore the lights.
2. Wait at least 5 mins. DO NOT TOUCH ANY BUTTON.
3. Plug into charger ... still not touching any button on battery. It must be an original DJI charger.
4. LEAVE the battery connected to charger ... do not touch anything.
5. It can be minutes or hours before battery wakes up.

If the battery does not 'wake up' when left for most of the day ... seriously - it could take hours !! - then its 'dead' and to be replaced.

Once 'woken up' the battery should be OK ... just needs cycling to make sure its 'alive' !! But if it does - keep close eye and only safe hops till you are sure its OK ...
If you only have one battery - I would advise getting another anyway ... one is never enough.

Nigel
2018-2-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Dead flight pack, send it back.

Don't waste time messing around with that.

RedHotPoker
2018-2-12
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I agree that a new battery is probably best route - but DJi Intelligent Battery Guide on page 4 specifically talks about Hibernation mode ... worth a shot ...
If I had a day or so before approaching vendor - I would try it.

Nigel
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules