P4 Battery Charging Hub behavior...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigBlueTsunami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I first started using the hub, I would plug all three batteries in then all three would light up and flash at the start. Then two would turn off and one at a time they would charge until all three had completed. The same thing for placing them in storage mode. During one sequence of charging, I needed a battery to power up the drone so I pulled one that wasn't charged yet. When I placed it back in the hub it flashed the first two leds for a minute, then the fourth LED started flashing at a faster rate. I pulled it from the hub, turned it off and put it back. It did the same thing again. So I unplugged the hub and charged the battery directly with the charger. Now, when I put all three batteries in the hub it never turns two batteries off like it did prior to this incident. It charges and keeps all three on all the time. I'm worried that this isn't good for the batteries or the charger.
What is your experience with the hub? Does it charges sequentially or all three always on? How does it behave when it's set to storage?

Thank you,

Jeff

PS Go Eagles!
2018-2-4
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I dont use those hubs but my understanding is that they will charge the batteries in sequence to the current state of charge of the batteries.
The fault you are getting i cant explain but have you tried powering the hub down and restarting?
It does sound like the hub has been damaged in some way my recommendation would be to not use the hub anymore and get it replaced.
I use a powersupply that can charge 3 batteries plus the controller simultaneously.
2018-2-4
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-2-4 15:00
I dont use those hubs but my understanding is that they will charge the batteries in sequence to the current state of charge of the batteries.
The fault you are getting i cant explain but have you tried powering the hub down and restarting?
It does sound like the hub has been damaged in some way my recommendation would be to not use the hub anymore and get it replaced.

I always power it down after use. After I flew today, I put all three in on storage mode. All three stayed lit until it was completed. In a few days I need to charge all three again. I’m going to try one more time. If it doesn’t behave like it did when I got it and charge one at a time I’m going to replace it. I agree with not using it. I’m thinking it probably took a shot when I removed one of the batteries.

Jeff.
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Jeff, all the batteries will be charged one after another according to the battery level on the charging hub. The batteries with high level will be charged preferentially. It seems that something goes wrong, please kindly contact the support or dealer to report this issue.
2018-2-6
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-6 19:11
Hello Jeff, all the batteries will be charged one after another according to the battery level on the charging hub. The batteries with high level will be charged preferentially. It seems that something goes wrong, please kindly contact the support or dealer to report this issue.

Thank you DJI Susan. The hub was a gift, so I’ll just be purchasing a new one. Bonus for DJI! Lesson learned, DON’T REMOVE BATTERIES WHILE THEY ARE IN A CHARGING SEQUENCE.

Jeff
2018-2-7
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Update. I tried it again, and it is working normally and charging one battery at a time now. Strange.

Jeff
2018-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules