Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MAVIC AIR CONNECTING ISSUES
3857 13 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9ai3wzHbyG5w
lvl.1

United States

Hi All
just got the new Mavic Air, i've been having a lot of issues getting the RC and phone to connect to the drone. Everything is charged, all the cords are plugged in.  I have to shut off the remote the phone the app down and the drone several times before i can actually see the picture appear on my phone.  At times the drone will still allow me to fly it even though its says disconnected. Customer service told me to delete the app and add it back..i have an iphone 7 with all the update to date software and the drone software has been updated.  
The first few times i turned the phone on and connected it without any issues now on now it takes me 4 or 5 attempts to connect it and fly.

anyone else experiencing these issues?
2018-2-4
Use props
aslanatom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 781 ft
United States

I am also having an issue of linking the RC to the drone as I posted here. I might have to return this if unresolved.
2018-2-4
Use props
OVERWATCH 001
lvl.1
Flight distance : 269636 ft
United States

I've been having some connection issues too. Takes a few tries to get the RC to communicate to the aircraft. Sometimes it's connected as soon as I switch everything on. Other times, I gotta try multiple times before I could connect.
2018-2-5
Use props
OVERWATCH 001
lvl.1
Flight distance : 269636 ft
United States

In addition, sometimes the remote connects immediately without having to go through the pages that show the sequence of steps to connect. Most times, I have to sit through the steps and it gets stuck where it tells you to unfold the controller and plug in the cables. The next button just sits there refusing to turn blue.
2018-2-5
Use props
Willy W
lvl.1
Belgium

OVERWATCH 001 Posted at 2018-2-5 00:43
In addition, sometimes the remote connects immediately without having to go through the pages that show the sequence of steps to connect. Most times, I have to sit through the steps and it gets stuck where it tells you to unfold the controller and plug in the cables. The next button just sits there refusing to turn blue.

I'm having this issue right now.

Got the Mavic air this afternoon. Have spent the last 2 hours trying to connect the damn thing to the remote.

Finally managed it 5 minutes ago, without a phone.
Now connected my phone to the RC, take the steps in the Camera View mode to link the RC to the AC, but it will give me a Confirm Frequency Settings message and nothing else.

Closed the app, cleared the cache, signed in again. RC and AC both got green lights, but app still says Not Connected.
Walk through the set up steps again, Wired Connection. Get stuck on step 3 again, won't bloody let me press Next.

Tried the wifi option, but my phone is not even finding the wifi signal the AC is supposedly emitting.

Phone is a OnePlus 5. Latest update and so on.

Driving me crazy. Surely connection two devices made for each other shouldn't be this damn difficult?

Elon Musk can launch a car to Mars and I can't even connect to a drone sitting next to me.

2018-2-7
Use props
Tadango
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Netherlands

I had trouble getting the WiFi connection to work to, it worked fine with the 3 beeps mode though...

The RC link should work. Press the button on the Air until one beep and release. Then use the app and connect wired.
2018-2-7
Use props
Kyle Stones
Flight distance : 36 ft
United States

Willy W Posted at 2018-2-7 13:14

Got the Mavic air this afternoon. Have spent the last 2 hours trying to connect the damn thing to the remote.

iOS here. I tried it with my iPad and it worked in the first try. I had my regular lightning cable plugged into the usb into the bottom of my remote. I think it’s an issue with the RC cable because it would never pick up on my phone being connected
2018-2-7
Use props
Willy W
lvl.1
Belgium

Kyle Stones Posted at 2018-2-7 18:32
iOS here. I tried it with my iPad and it worked in the first try. I had my regular lightning cable plugged into the usb into the bottom of my remote. I think it’s an issue with the RC cable because it would never pick up on my phone being connected

Got it to work.

Didn't work with my Oneplus 5 on Android Oreo, but it did work on my old Sony Xperia Z5.
I guess that will become my drone phone from now on.
2018-2-8
Use props
Kyle Stones
Flight distance : 36 ft
United States

Willy W Posted at 2018-2-8 02:52
Got it to work.

Didn't work with my Oneplus 5 on Android Oreo, but it did work on my old Sony Xperia Z5.

i sent a video of how i got it connected to my ipad to support but ideally id like my iphone to be the device used, and the response i got was "you're using the wrong port, use the RC port on the side" since i was using the USB on the bottom of the remote and my regular lightning cable.
i know to use the side port with the provided RC cable, but it WONT read my phone and let me past step 3 "Connect the RC". Telling me to do the obvious, when it isn't working, isn't helping... and naturally my ipad doesn't fit under the remote so i cant use the provided RC to lightning cable they provided
2018-2-8
Use props
Fantasia
lvl.1
Vietnam

I dont know why you removed my post about the connection issue on Mavic Air???
2018-2-27
Use props
djiuser_4QPtyEUjABi1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200 ft
Switzerland

Willy W Posted at 2018-2-7 13:14

I'm having the exact same issue! Did you find a solution since then ?
2018-2-27
Use props
CJ Morillo
New
Dominican Republic

Im going thru the same issue on november 2018, still the mavic air is being sold with this known defect. This issue has been documented since the mavic air came out, and there is no solution or answer from dji about this other than the normal troubleshooting displayed on their manual. Is like they totally ignore this and continue to sell this defective product.

Something needs to be done about this, I still cant believe a company like dji is involve in something like this, people need to heard this, im surprised that when you search for reviews for the mavic air you dont find this !!

We need to come together and make this public, dji can not continue to be selling a 1000usd defective product and get away with it. Use all the platforms available to let people know, to STAY AWAY from the mavic air. Those of you who have gone thru this know how frustating this is, to make an effort to buy a 1000 usd product, trusting a company and then facing this SCAM. Yeah i said it, this is a scam
2018-11-8
Use props
djiuser_XMBBEnBs2yBd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17756 ft
Australia

Tadango Posted at 2018-2-7 13:31
I had trouble getting the WiFi connection to work to, it worked fine with the 3 beeps mode though...

The RC link should work. Press the button on the Air until one beep and release. Then use the app and connect wired.

try this.. open the Fly ME App and go the the page that has the Controller settings. Make Seur THE SETTING IS SWITCH MODE1.
THAT'S IT....
Re boot drone, controller and your phone for a clean boot and set up normally.
It worked for me.
2020-11-3
Use props
djiuser_XMBBEnBs2yBd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17756 ft
Australia

djiuser_4QPtyEUjABi1 Posted at 2018-2-27 13:11
I'm having the exact same issue! Did you find a solution since then ?

try this.. open the Fly ME App and go the the page that has the Controller settings. Make Seur THE SETTING IS SWITCH MODE1.
THAT'S IT....
Re boot drone, controller and your phone for a clean boot and set up normally.
It worked for me.
2020-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules