Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
overrunning video in sport mode
2251 21 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cavids
lvl.4
United States

so when I switch to sport mode and go full speedahead typically I will over run the video so the video will lag behind, often even freezing then resuming when I let off the stick or slow down.  Any thoughts?
2018-2-4
Use props
Cavids
lvl.4
United States

bump!!  No one else having this issue?
2018-2-5
Use props
Cavids
lvl.4
United States

this is a screen shot from my chat with DJI about the issue.  They are saying that video breakup on full speed in sport mode is normal and expected.  The drone is not really designed to run at full speed, only in an emergency!!!
2018-2-5
Use props
fansf77370fb
First Officer
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

I run mine in sport mode 90% of the time. I have never experienced that.  
2018-2-5
Use props
Cavids
lvl.4
United States

I get it almost everytime, next time I fly I will try and record, but I have a funny feeling it will not show in the recording, I think I will need to have someone film my screen.
2018-2-5
Use props
Cavids
lvl.4
United States

I am going to swap to 5.8ghz and see if that makes any difference as  I do also get many issues of the thing telling me there is high interference. in both sport mode and normal mode
2018-2-5
Use props
AIister
Second Officer
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

use a screen recorder app
2018-2-5
Use props
Cavids
lvl.4
United States

like what???
2018-2-5
Use props
Cavids
lvl.4
United States

so I confirmed, the recording is fine, I just get screen lag live, so I will try and figur out a screen capture app
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Palourde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Do you experience lag on the videos from the SD card or only on the Live Feed? What device are you using? Are you experiencing the same problem with your Spark?
2018-2-6
Use props
Cavids
lvl.4
United States

only lag from live feed, the recordings are fine.  I am using a iphone X.  As for the spark I do not know as I sold it.  I will do a screen recording of it.  Probably not till the weekend, but apparently ios 11 now has screen recording built in so I will use it!!  worse thing about this is I was on the fene about getting the air or the pro.  I went with the air due to the size.  I wanted this as my main video drone as all my other drones are built ones and used just for FPV.  This one replaced the spark.  When I did use the spark, I did get video livescreen lag if I was not using a OTG cable.  However the Air has only been used with a OTG cable that came with it.
2018-2-7
Use props
MiniPalourde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Cavids Posted at 2018-2-7 11:36
only lag from live feed, the recordings are fine.  I am using a iphone X.  As for the spark I do not know as I sold it.  I will do a screen recording of it.  Probably not till the weekend, but apparently ios 11 now has screen recording built in so I will use it!!

Damn... I don't think your device is the problem. It's worth more than your Mavic lol...

Don't forget to post your screen recording. Do you have lots of apps on your iphone X? Do you have a lot of unused memory? Is your device slow in general? Usually when people have your problem it's because they're using a 100$ cheap chinese thingy.
2018-2-7
Use props
Surface2Air
First Officer
Flight distance : 167441 ft
Canada

To my knowledge my Spark doesn't do it, neither does the Air. This is in reasonable conditions and open area, within 10m-200m. Keep in mind that when I fly in sports-mode, I'm usually too focused on VLOS then looking at my phone to notice if there was occasional lag in the live feed.
2018-2-7
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

it is a problem i get sometimes also. Biggest problem is that it is erratic/ not constant. i also fly sport mode 90% of time. If it always gives a problem then fine, i must accept the limitation. But it does not always do this and so i am left wondering why it does so sometimes and not other times. Currently i am exploring proper use of antennaes and drone position relative to drone to try to understand if this is what causes my problem. .
2018-2-7
Use props
Cavids
lvl.4
United States

well today I did the whole screen recording, and so here is the link to youtube, you will see multiple times when the video hiccups and lags.  There are times when it gets worse.  Keep an eye on the numbers on the bottom as you will see they freeze when the video lags, this way you will know when it is video lag and when I am just stopping to turn around or adjust
2018-2-9
Use props
Cavids
lvl.4
United States

Bump!!! Bump!!!
2018-2-11
Use props
Cavids
lvl.4
United States

so spent over an hour on chat with support and  Iwill have to send it in for repair, however they failed to send me an e-mail with RMA instructions, so will have to get back online with them, real pain...
2018-2-12
Use props
MaineMavick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 169524 ft
United States

Your footage on the drone won't have lag. The purpose of the phone screen is to act as a viewfinder, it is not an accurate representation of the exact footage captured.

You can lose the feed altogether and the drone will still be recording the actual footage on the SD card.

And just to make this clear, the phone DOES NOT and IS NOT intended to be the recording device or primary storage for your files.

If you do not edit the SD files on a computer you will never have good footage.
2018-2-12
Use props
Cavids
lvl.4
United States

I do not think you read my full post.  Obviously the footage from my phone sucks and is not intended for recording.  The footage that the drone records is perfect.  The issue is that when flying in sport mode I am getting major lag on the live feed.  Many times way worse than on the footage I posted.  I only recorded footage from my phone to illustrate the issue.  This has never happened on the many mavic pros's I have flown and do not and can not be accepted as normal.  Even when I had a spark, as long as  Iwas running the OTG cable I never experienced video lag.  Now without the otg cable I did, so I made it a point to never fly without the OTG cable.
2018-2-12
Use props
Dalford
Second Officer
Flight distance : 619846 ft
United States

AIister Posted at 2018-2-5 11:12
use a screen recorder app

What is the screen recording app?
2018-2-12
Use props
Cavids
lvl.4
United States

actually the latest version of Apple iOs has it built in, just go to your control panel and there is a record button, so hit record then go back to dji app and fly, when done flying go to control panel and stop the recording.  The only issue I had was it recorded landscape, and when I tried to play it it was sideways, so I had to rotate it in a editing app.  Other than that it worked like a charm.
2018-2-13
Use props
Cavids
lvl.4
United States

So I thought I would give an update.  Got the Drone sent off to DJI.  It returned a couple of days latter, and it still does the video lag thing.  No real rhyme or reason.  Only does it when going full throttle in sport mode, and of course the farther away the worse it is.  So I will contact them again, but at this point I am guessing this is just how it is so I will probably ebay it and get a pro...  Didn't want the size of a pro but I personally cannot be comfortable with the video lag
2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules