Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video editing advice & Davinci Resolve 14
1346 2 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Twirlip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

So, after a few months with my Mavic and taking a fair amount  of  video  footage, I'm finally trying my hand at video editing (which  I've  never  done before, so it's quite a learning curve-- I've got  lots  of  experience with Photoshop for still images, but nothing for  video).

After  poking  around a bit, I decided to try Davinci  Resolve 14 as my  software  (downloadable for free, heard good things  about it).  Got  myself a  how-to book for the software, and I've been  able to do the  level of  editing I want (nothing fancy, basically just  trim / splice  clips, add  crossfades, add soundtrack, occasionally  adjust clip  speed).  So, no  worries there.

However, I'm having a  heck of a  time trying to  get it to render my output-- every time I  try to tell  it to render, it  keeps giving me this error:

"Recording failed with Error : Failed to encode the video frame."

...Googling  a  bit  for this, and poking around on the Davinci forums, I  haven't  turned  up anything obvious.  (To be clear:  This isn't a case  of "It  was  working and then it broke"; this is from the get-go,  I  haven't  successfully rendered even a single output video.)

So, a few questions for any experienced video-editing jockeys out there:

• First, is  Davinci  Resolve  14 a reasonable choice for doing Mavic video editing,  for  someone  who's technically inclined but brand-new to video  editing?  Or  would I  do better to consider some other software instead?
  • Second, for  any  experienced  Davinci Resolve 14 users out there:  have you ever  seen  this error  before?  Any idea what the heck is going on or how  to  work around  it?

Would love to get this sorted  out,  because right  now I can't tell whether this is  a  total-can't-do-what-I-want-ever  roadblock and I should stop sinking  any  further time into editing my  video project, or whether it's just  a  techical snafu that can be fixed  or worked around.

Thank you for any advice!

2018-2-4
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I don't see this error, use h264 in settings
2018-2-5
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer