Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Getting Capture/Screenshot of the plus remote controller
8903 19 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cradoka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2530794 ft
Australia

Problem is getting the screenshot/Capture from the Plus RC to a computer ect.

I find the location of the file OK from then on the only choices seem to be to delete or share to social media.

It must be a simple step I'm missing...
I can't get it to the storage card.
No options in assistant2
Computer does not recognise the RC as a device.
Only looking for solutions for the RC with built in screen.
P2050036-a.jpg
P2050038-a.jpg
P2050037-a.jpg
P2050039-a.jpg
2018-2-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Cradoka,

In the top screenshot, to the left of "Folder" is "SD Card".  Have you tried that.  Also, on the "Home" screen at the bottom should be an icon with "Explore" on it.  That allows you to move files around between folders and cards.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-2-4
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

Unofrtunately I had the same issue. Looks like there's no solution for the + controller.
2018-2-4
Use props
Cradoka
lvl.4
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2018-2-4 23:25
Aloha Cradoka,

In the top screenshot, to the left of "Folder" is "SD Card".  Have you tried that.  Also, on the "Home" screen at the bottom should be an icon with "Explore" on it.  That allows you to move files around between folders and cards.

Nothing on SD card, no explore icon that I can find, TX anyway.
2018-2-4
Use props
Cradoka
lvl.4
Australia

Cradoka Posted at 2018-2-4 23:49
Nothing on SD card, no explore icon that I can find, TX anyway.

Does this really mean on the P4 pro plus version the only choice is to work a screenshot through social media...?
2018-2-4
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

First, tell me how you’re taking the screenshot. I think I’ve got an idea how to get them, but I can’t figure out how you took them.

Jeff
2018-2-5
Use props
Cradoka
lvl.4
Australia

BigBlueTsunami Posted at 2018-2-5 02:19
First, tell me how you’re taking the screenshot. I think I’ve got an idea how to get them, but I can’t figure out how you took them.

Jeff

Swipe down from the top and press capture!
Now describe how to export them to a computer or to the storage card hehe.
swipe.jpg
2018-2-5
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cradoka Posted at 2018-2-5 03:06
Swipe down from the top and press capture!
Now describe how to export them to a computer or to the storage card hehe.

Thank you. As soon as I get home from work, I'll try my idea. If it works I'll post how I did it.
Jeff
2018-2-5
Use props
Cradoka
lvl.4
Australia

BigBlueTsunami Posted at 2018-2-5 04:39
Thank you. As soon as I get home from work, I'll try my idea. If it works I'll post how I did it.
Jeff

Good on ya Jeff..............
2018-2-5
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cradoka Posted at 2018-2-5 04:48
Good on ya Jeff..............

OK. Connect Micro USB end of cable to the Pro+ controller. Connect the other end to PC (I had it connected to a MacBook Air) Swipe down from the top of the controller screen as you did to capture. Tap the "USB Connected" message. You might have to tap the bottom/left down arrow... Now Tap the "Turn on USB Storage" message. Tap OK. It will toggle and say "Turn off USB Storage" which indicates it is on) An Icon will appear on your desktop on Mac, you may have to browse to a new drive on PC. Locate the "Screenshots" Folder. Your images are there in .png format.

Jeff
Edit: PS Thank you for the heads up on how to screenshot the Pro+ controller. I've been trying to figure that out since I got this thing. Much appreciated. Silly that I missed it when I was connecting USB storage.
2018-2-5
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here is the RC as it appears in the MacBook Finder... You can see the ScreenShots Folder
2018-2-5
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

2018-2-5
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

BigBlueTsunami Posted at 2018-2-5 13:01
OK. Connect Micro USB end of cable to the Pro+ controller. Connect the other end to PC (I had it connected to a MacBook Air) Swipe down from the top of the controller screen as you did to capture. Tap the "USB Connected" message. You might have to tap the bottom/left down arrow... Now Tap the "Turn on USB Storage" message. (It will toggle and say "Turn off USB Storage" which indicates it is on) Tap OK. An Icon will appear on your desktop on Mac, you may have to browse to a new drive on PC. Locate the "Screenshots" Folder. Your images are there in .png format.

Jeff

Nice one been looking for that myself , cheers
2018-2-5
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I had to convert this to jpg to get it to upload here, but here's an example. I hope it helps.

2018-2-5
Use props
Cradoka
lvl.4
Australia

BigBlueTsunami Posted at 2018-2-5 13:34
I had to convert this to jpg to get it to upload here, but here's an example. I hope it helps.

[view_image]

Many TX for that Jeff!

2Sides of the coin have been united hehe.
Had a quick look through the other folders and I think I will have a longer look... at my own peril!
Have you found anything interesting in the other folders?

Heres what the folders look like in W10..

Catch ya, Tony.
DJI windows 10 folders.JPG
2018-2-5
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Cradoka Posted at 2018-2-5 16:24
Many TX for that Jeff!

2Sides of the coin have been united hehe.

Yes. The DJI Go Flight Logs are located in:

DJI\dji.pilot.pad\FLIGHT RECORD

The Cached 720p video from the most recent flights:

DJI\dji.pilot.pad\DJI_RECORD

Cheers,

Jeff
2018-2-5
Use props
Cradoka
lvl.4
Australia

BigBlueTsunami Posted at 2018-2-5 16:31
Yes. The DJI Go Flight Logs are located in:

DJI\dji.pilot.pad\FLIGHT RECORD

Flight records need decoding... only tried wordpad and note pad, can I assume your mac outputs readable files without 3rd party handling?

Also the mp4 vids don't play, I got the latest Klite codec pack recently, does your mac play the vid ok or do you use 3rd party player?
notepad.JPG
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cradoka Posted at 2018-2-5 16:52
Flight records need decoding... only tried wordpad and note pad, can I assume your mac outputs readable files without 3rd party handling?

Also the mp4 vids don't play, I got the latest Klite codec pack recently, does your mac play the vid ok or do you use 3rd party player?

Hey Cradoka, nice to know you have figured out the connection of PC first. Regarding the flight records, you can check in DJI GO. This file might be required if you need data analysis. As for the videos, please change to another player to see whether it works.
2018-2-6
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes, the videos play in a QuickTime player. The flight records can be uploaded to Phantom Help at this link.

Jeff
2018-2-6
Use props
Cradoka
lvl.4
Australia

BigBlueTsunami Posted at 2018-2-6 02:06
Yes, the videos play in a QuickTime player. The flight records can be uploaded to Phantom Help at this link.

Jeff

TX Jeff, got it all going, it's an amazing insight..

Catch ya, Tony
2018-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules