Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Osmo 2 Available NOW – Whats New?
1427 6 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Claudia Fischer
lvl.4
Germany

"The DJI Osmo Mobile 2 is lighter and cheaper than its predecessor, and despite that it's a way better smartphone camera stabilization gimbal than any other we've tested. It uses AI to track subjects and, with a new portrait mode, it’s even ready for the Instagram Stories and Snapchat generation." (techradar.com)

What do you think about it? Is a change worthwhile?

medium_ce2b18bc-a23d-457f-8f47-6c137b642dcf.jpg

2018-2-5
Use props
slimharry
Second Officer

Canada

I just ordered it. I don’t want it to be back order
2018-2-5
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

I made a video on this very question:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mkbHUCRVJ-g

The answer is no, in my opinion.  The Osmo Mobile 1 is better (which is probably why it still costs more).
Here are the differences:
The Osmo Mobile 2 is a different color and has a slightly reshaped handle (and is LESS ergonomic).
The Osmo Mobile 2 is lighter (made of all plastic, instead of metal components like the original Osmo Mobile).
The battery is now up to 15 hours, about 300% more, BUT the battery is no longer changable, once it’s drained it’s drained, you’ll have to stop whatever you’re doing and recharge it for 2 hours.

A 1/4x20 tripod mount has been added to the bottom
The rosette mount has been eliminated so you will not be able to use ANY of the Osmo Accessories except the tripod (and vehicle mount, if your feeling brave).  A new base is being released for this too, but that is it for your accessories.  Want to add an external microphone, light, or anything else?  Your out of luck.  Tripod and base, that’s it.

The trigger has been eliminated and replaced with an awkward button, which used to be the shutter button.

The buttons have all been changed, the power switch is now a digital zoom control and has been moved to the other side, the record button is now the power button AND the record button AND the shutter button, and the shutter button is now the trigger.

You can now shoot in portrait mode

Stores more compact.

2018-2-5
Use props
Second Officer
United States

Sorry for the horrible formatting in that last message.  The forum’s editor SUCKS.  It has randomly decided not to allow me to move the cursor below a random line.
Edit: I fixed it by cheating around it, but it still won’t let me move the cursor below that random line.

Edit 2: Never mind, it won’t save the changes.  Please fix the forum software.
2018-2-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

9245 Posted at 2018-2-5 11:23
I made a video on this very question:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mkbHUCRVJ-g

Good comparison
2018-2-5
Use props
Claudia Fischer
lvl.4
Germany

Thank you very much, Mr. 9245! Maybe you're right and you should still get the Osmo Mobile 1 in Silver. I liked the Silver option very much.

I have not thought of the accessories yet! I ordered the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 anyway. But it is now sold out again.
2018-2-5
Use props
Second Officer
United States

Claudia Fischer Posted at 2018-2-5 14:42
Thank you very much, Mr. 9245! Maybe you're right and you should still get the Osmo Mobile 1 in Silver. I liked the Silver option very much.

I have not thought of the accessories yet! I ordered the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 anyway. But it is now sold out again.

Your welcome, and good luck on the OM2.
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules