1189 6 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi folks, i have just swapped out my old Note 3 for the Note 5, its a much quicker device but i do not see it in the compatability list, is this because they just never got round to testing one or is there a specific reason it not in the list? The thing has 4gb ram and octawassitamijigs cpu so surely it should be more than capable, i would test it myself but sadly one of my furbies has the erm squits so im housebound for a while, been perfect flying weather most of the weekend and for the foreseeable, go figure.......
2018-2-5
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Bashy,

The specs you cite look powerful enough to work.  Give it a try.  How old is it and what version of the Android OS does it have installed (that would be in settings near the bottom of the list).

Besides power, the age of the device is the only other problem I have had to deal with here on the Forum.  If it is using Android 6, or above, it should be good to go.  Nougat (Android 7) did cause some problems but they have been fixed with device firmware and Android upgrades to higher than 7.  Most of those OS related problems happened with the nVidia Shield K1.  But there were a few others and now it seems to be water under the bridge.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-2-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HI Cetacean, its running Android 7, and its a couple of years old i think, my note 3 was on Android 5 and that worked great but when i rooted it to android 6 it would not run dji go, i think it was something to do with the rom for whatever reason.... plus my banking app didnt like rooted phones either so that was another reason to upgrade to the Note 5.

When my K1 was on Android 7, DJI app ran a bit pooie but when i downgraded it to Android 6 it runs lovely
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Bashy, it takes some time to update the recommended list. More mobile devices will be added as the testing continues.
2018-2-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-5 23:58
Hello Bashy, it takes some time to update the recommended list. More mobile devices will be added as the testing continues.

Hi Susan, I thought that might be the case.... although the phone is a few years old now ;)
2018-2-6
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-2-5 05:28
HI Cetacean, its running Android 7, and its a couple of years old i think, my note 3 was on Android 5 and that worked great but when i rooted it to android 6 it would not run dji go, i think it was something to do with the rom for whatever reason.... plus my banking app didnt like rooted phones either so that was another reason to upgrade to the Note 5.

When my K1 was on Android 7, DJI app ran a bit pooie but when i downgraded it to Android 6 it runs lovely

Aloha Bashy,

The K1 problem has been solved with firmware and OS updates and upgrades.  My K1 firmware is on 5.2 and the OS is 7.1 or 7.2.  It works great!  Vast improvements all around.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-2-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So you think i should update it then? it got laggy when i was on 7 before
2018-2-6
Use props
Advanced