440 2 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Necroscope
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165489 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

Third flight on my MPP today. Flew where I had flown my P3S loads of times without issue.

My MPP is all updated and I use a S8+.

Right at the end of my flight, with the bird about 3m away from me, nose out at 4m height, the app claimed it was disconnected.

I manually landed, as I still had control and the controller was saying it was in GPS mode.

Once landed I restarted the app, but it would not reconnect. I then powered everything down and restored and all was well again. I didn't fly again.......

Where do you think this problem came from?

I thought it might be the app until the first restart didn't work.

Any help understanding what went wrong would be appreciated. In the go app the log stops at the disconnect, as you would expect.

Thanks.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Necroscope, do you remember the specific message about the disconnect? If the app said the aircraft disconnected, it means the drone and RC disconnected, in this case, you will not be able to control the drone, so it should not be your issue.
If the app showed disconnected, that meant the app hadn't connected to the RC, in this case, try to reconnect by rebooting the app or plugging the cable again if it is mid-flight. And for now, if the issue happens again, you might need to try another connecting cable, reinstall the latest app by scanning the QR code on the official website, please note to do a backup like syncing the flight record and saving the pics and videos before your reinstallation. Also, make sure the firmware of the drone and RC is up to date.
2018-2-5
Use props
Necroscope
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165489 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Thor,

I did try rebooting the app, but this didnt work.  I didnt reconnect the cable though, if it happens again i will try this.
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules