Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Carrying case for Osmo mobile 2?
12Next >
20881 54 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nickswimsfast
lvl.1
United States

I just purchased the Osmo Mobile 2. The website says its compatible with the the "osmo mobile", but I didn't see it explicitly list compatibility with the osmo mobile 2. Will this case (below) fit the osmo mobile 2?

https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-mobile-carrying-case

Thanks!
2018-2-5
Use props
fansc34abedf
lvl.1
Belarus

Same question!
2018-2-5
Use props
CynicalZombie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179813 ft
United States

I'd like to know as well.
2018-2-5
Use props
BobWinNV
Captain
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Apparently, it comes in a case.  
OM2 Included case.
2018-2-5
Use props
darrins
Second Officer
United States

Unfortunately no it doesn't fit in that case. I have one and just tried. The Osmo Mobile 2 folds up differently than the original.
2018-2-5
Use props
darrins
Second Officer
United States

BobWinNV Posted at 2018-2-5 16:03
Apparently, it comes in a case.  
OM2 Included case.

The case that comes included seems to be some sort of styrofoam. I doubt it will last and has no strap or handle. I want to buy a carrying case made for it.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, please note the carrying case of Osmo Mobile is not compatible with Osmo Mobile 2, but the Carrying Pouch is fine for Osmo Mobile 2.
GTScreenshot_20180206_151722.png
2018-2-5
Use props
darrins
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-5 23:18
Hi all, please note the carrying case of Osmo Mobile is not compatible with Osmo Mobile 2, but the Carrying Pouch is fine for Osmo Mobile 2.

Do you know if DJI will be offering at some point a semi hard carrying case for the OM2, similar to the one for the original?
2018-2-6
Use props
darrins
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-5 23:18

Is this sold at the DJI store? I don't see it. Thanks.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

darrins Posted at 2018-2-6 14:56
Do you know if DJI will be offering at some point a semi hard carrying case for the OM2, similar to the one for the original?

I'm afraid not at this moment, please wait for the future release, thanks for your interest.
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

darrins Posted at 2018-2-6 16:13
Is this sold at the DJI store? I don't see it. Thanks.

Sorry that this is not for sale, Carrying Pouch comes with Osmo Mobile the first generation package.
2018-2-7
Use props
dewarner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 87536 ft
United States

darrins Posted at 2018-2-5 20:48
Unfortunately no it doesn't fit in that case. I have one and just tried. The Osmo Mobile 2 folds up differently than the original.

I am glad to get a definitive answer.  B&H said that DJI told them it would fit, but they could not confirm since they did not have a test model yet.
2018-2-9
Use props
dewarner
Second Officer
United States

darrins Posted at 2018-2-5 20:48
Unfortunately no it doesn't fit in that case. I have one and just tried. The Osmo Mobile 2 folds up differently than the original.

Does anyone know if the base stand for the Osmo Mobile will work with the Oslo Mobile 2?
2018-2-9
Use props
darrins
Second Officer
United States

dewarner Posted at 2018-2-9 06:07
Does anyone know if the base stand for the Osmo Mobile will work with the Oslo Mobile 2?

No it won’t. But the OM2 has a standard mounting hole in the bottom (1/4-20) so you can use any mini tripod.
2018-2-9
Use props
CoconutSport
lvl.1

United States

Is there any sort of case available other than the packing material it came in? It came with what was basically upgraded styrofoam packing material. Not something I would venture to take out into the wild were I'd actually be shooting with the OM2. I thinking if DJI doesn't make it, maybe a padded zippered bag kinda like a really small guitar gig bag or something? Maybe I'll check Musicians Friend or eBags something.
2018-2-13
Use props
CoconutSport
lvl.1

United States

CoconutSport Posted at 2018-2-13 05:59
Is there any sort of case available other than the packing material it came in? It came with what was basically upgraded styrofoam packing material. Not something I would venture to take out into the wild were I'd actually be shooting with the OM2. I thinking if DJI doesn't make it, maybe a padded zippered bag kinda like a really small guitar gig bag or something? Maybe I'll check Musicians Friend or eBags something.

After a little websurfing, I came up with this.  I wonder if it will work?  I might get some looks from people when I walk into Disneyworld with what looks like a gun case, but it seems like it would be protective and quick and easy to put away and take out. Thoughts anyone?

zippered case
2018-2-13
Use props
Joemar7
Second Officer
  • >>>
American Samoa

CoconutSport Posted at 2018-2-13 06:37
After a little websurfing, I came up with this.  I wonder if it will work?  I might get some looks from people when I walk into Disneyworld with what looks like a gun case, but it seems like it would be protective and quick and easy to put away and take out. Thoughts anyone?

zippered case

I wouldn't get this case, unless you want to be stopped all the time.  I am sure there are plenty of non-pistol cases out there.  I'm on the same boat.  I'm looking for a thin discreet case where I can just throw the gimbal inside my backpack.  I will share if I find something.  
2018-2-13
Use props
CoconutSport
lvl.1

United States

Joemar7 Posted at 2018-2-13 06:53
I wouldn't get this case, unless you want to be stopped all the time.  I am sure there are plenty of non-pistol cases out there.  I'm on the same boat.  I'm looking for a thin discreet case where I can just throw the gimbal inside my backpack.  I will share if I find something.

Maybe if I sew a DJI logo or some other kind of non gun related patch on it. It'll prevent that. But it seems to be a nice sized case padding wise/compact size for throwing into a backpack. The one they provided seems pretty bulky for no reason. I'd even be willing to get a neoprene slip cover.
2018-2-13
Use props
CoconutSport
lvl.1

United States

CoconutSport Posted at 2018-2-13 09:52
Maybe if I sew a DJI logo or some other kind of non gun related patch on it. It'll prevent that. But it seems to be a nice sized case padding wise/compact size for throwing into a backpack. The one they provided seems pretty bulky for no reason. I'd even be willing to get a neoprene slip cover.

It fits perfectly! And it’s padded! Allen Gun Case 13” $7.99 at Field & Stream.
2018-2-13
Use props
drewhoover
Second Officer
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

The Osmo Mobile 2 comes in a hard-foam case that is very convenient and fits all of the necessary needs like a glove.
2018-2-13
Use props
fansdf275067
New

United States

This is what DJI support-twitter told me!
2018-2-13
Use props
fansdf275067
New

United States

What dji said
1E6C25AB-DE0C-4304-874B-9F4AC14A378B.jpeg
44678BEB-1CDB-445D-954B-E21C38C67F4E.jpeg
79CD0B3D-3418-41C8-A771-1C187CE51A40.jpeg
2018-2-13
Use props
fansdf275067
New

United States

looking at the pictures of both though, I just don’t think that they will fit even tho DJI says they will.
35AB0D61-58D3-4E0B-B099-F78FED91CADE.jpeg
BD8EA615-5F62-42E3-BCEB-5C86DD258B09.jpeg
2018-2-13
Use props
CoconutSport
lvl.1

United States

The included case leaves much to be desired. It’s basically “dressed up styrofoam packaging” I put it in my backpack once and it got all nicked up and ragged looking almost immediately. Not to mention the thing is huge! The gun case fits and it’s even padded.
2018-2-14
Use props
CoconutSport
lvl.1

United States

The Oslo Mobile 1 case won’t fit the Osmo Mobile 2. The arm on the OM2 will not open all the way to the top like the OM1. There is a stopper on the axis. Plus I don’t think the phone knob bump out is big enough.
2018-2-14
Use props
dewarner
Second Officer
United States

CoconutSport Posted at 2018-2-13 20:03
[view_image][view_image]

It fits perfectly! And it’s padded! Allen Gun Case 13” $7.99 at Field & Stream.

Thanks for finding this case.  It looks like it will work much better than the styrofoam box the Osmo Mobile 2 came in.  I have ordered one.  
2018-2-14
Use props
gregyeutter
New
United States

Thanks CoconutSport for the tip on the handgun case! I received this and made a quick YouTube video for anyone in need of a second look. Highly recommended!

2018-2-27
Use props
BigPeteTO
lvl.3
Canada

Does the Allen Gun Case have anywhere to attach a carrying strap?
2018-2-28
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

As already said here the Osmo Mobile Carrying Case (the hard case) won't fit the Osmo Mobile 2. There are various reasons like the way it folds and the slightly bigger motors. I was lucky enough to find a free second hand Osmo Mobile 1 soft pouch. The downside of that one is that the Mode/Power button of the Osmo Mobile 2 is still easy enough to be pressed when packed a bit too tight with other stuff in a backpack. This happened to me once, resulting in a drained battery when I unpacked it. So if you can get a hard case I do recommend that, although it'll take a bit more space than a soft one.
2018-3-1
Use props
maihem.rc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

BigPeteTO Posted at 2018-2-28 14:09
Does the Allen Gun Case have anywhere to attach a carrying strap?

There is a small D Ring on one side of the Allen Gun Case.  Also, the Allen Case is carried at Wal-Mart for around $6-$7, and they have several different colors or patterns.  It really does fit the OM2 well...if not perfectly.
2018-3-5
Use props
maihem.rc
First Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't know if you saw this yet, DJI has a base/stand on the way, just not in stock yet.
https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-mobile-2-base
2018-3-5
Use props
BigPeteTO
lvl.3
Canada

Amazon.ca delivered mine today. As mentioned above, the 13-inch gun case fits the Osmo Mobile 2 perfectly.
2018-3-7
Use props
fans7939370f
lvl.1
United States

The Osmo base works with the Osmo mobile 2
2018-3-11
Use props
jeebs-9
First Officer
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

So this case doesn't work for the Osmo Mobile 2 right?

https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-mobile-carrying-case

I went from Smooth Q to Osmo mobile 2. And my Smooth Q had a nice case. I could carry it any where. Without any problems.

Why couldn't DJI package this all together?
2018-3-12
Use props
Ted Kau
New

United States

I'll be traveling with the Osmo 2, so I prefer a more rigid case. Thinking about getting this battery charger case with some rigid precut foam. Any suggestions?

2018-3-13
Use props
jeebs-9
First Officer
United States

BigPeteTO Posted at 2018-3-7 10:53
Amazon.ca delivered mine today. As mentioned above, the 13-inch gun case fits the Osmo Mobile 2 perfectly.
[view_image][view_image]

Can you hook straps on this bag? I'm looking to go snowboarding with it on. But I need to strap it on so it's around my shoulder. Does this have a second hook?
2018-3-16
Use props
jeebs-9
First Officer
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2018-3-16 09:02
Can you hook straps on this bag? I'm looking to go snowboarding with it on. But I need to strap it on so it's around my shoulder. Does this have a second hook?

Actually I just found out. No it does not have a second hook.
2018-3-16
Use props
betchyoucray
New

Canada

DJI also has the OSMO storage case. https://store.dji.com/product/os ... 92d1IxoCDm8QAvD_BwE
Not sure what the difference between this and the carrying case other than the material.
Does anyone know if this will fit the OSMO Mobile 2?
2018-3-17
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

Heading to Vegas this coming weekend and was hoping there was a case that made the popular census? Saw the gun-case but I'm not sure about carrying that around.
2018-3-19
Use props
sonnyson01
New

United States

Ted Kau Posted at 2018-3-13 23:50
I'll be traveling with the Osmo 2, so I prefer a more rigid case. Thinking about getting this battery charger case with some rigid precut foam. Any suggestions?

[view_image]

Can we just cut the original packaging in half and fit the bottom half into one of those cases? Does anyone know the orginal dimensions of the original packaging?
2018-3-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules