1719 22 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elektrica
First Officer
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

...So I checked the Mavic Air with the Crystalsky monitor...No luck!
- The adaptor is not compatible with the new remote, it simply does not fit due to a different size (Not as large).
- Despite CS not being able to fit, I tried running DJIGO4, but it recognizes the Mavic Air as a Phantom3, so it prompts you to switch to DJIGO, which unfortunately will not work.

I saw someone from DJI during the keynote using a CS monitor to fly the Mavic Air.
I am assuming he was running a beta software. The screen also had an adaptor to fit.

Anyway, I guess that CS owners will have to wait sometime before being able to use it.
Also, do not buy the existing adapter, as it's useless on the new remote.

Having a line of monitors (And really good ones too) that is not compatible with their own brand new drone is probably not very wise.
CS software should have full priority over other OS, as it's DJI's own product line and most likely for DJI fan base, as they're not free.
Maybe getting priorities in order would not hurt.

Anyway, still haven't flown the Mavic Air, just lost a lot of time trying to figure this out.
2018-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s something that is a bit of an indictment on dji, they get their users to invest large amounts of money on their own monitors, then they choose not to update leaving customers of Crystalsky out in the cold, no explanation as to why or when they will sort the problem.
Regarding adapter again this was an extremely high priced adapter it’s a shame on dji that this will not fit the control of MavAir, so it looks like users will have to fork out another €80 for a dji adapter if they want to use Crystalsky with MavAir, and that will depend if they are ever going to update Crystalsky.

It would be nice if someone from dji could row in here with some real answers.
2018-2-5
Use props
Kune
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Thanks for your comments because I was considering on buying a crystalsky but I will put it on hold until it is clarified.
2018-2-5
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-5 06:44
It’s something that is a bit of an indictment on dji, they get their users to invest large amounts of money on their own monitors, then they choose not to update leaving customers of Crystalsky out in the cold, no explanation as to why or when they will sort the problem.
Regarding adapter again this was an extremely high priced adapter it’s a shame on dji that this will not fit the control of MavAir, so it looks like users will have to fork out another €80 for a dji adapter if they want to use Crystalsky with MavAir, and that will depend if they are ever going to update Crystalsky.

And we have to wait for an actual adapter.
They certainly innovate a lot. I not quite sure if I prefer them to slow down innovation and focus more on existing products, or the opposite. I probably still prefer more innovation...
2018-2-5
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Kune Posted at 2018-2-5 06:46
Thanks for your comments because I was considering on buying a crystalsky but I will put it on hold until it is clarified.

I looked for some info before, but I already had the adapter and the monitor for the Mavic PRO. Having seen the CS in the keynote, I was sure it would have worked. Bummer.
2018-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Kune Posted at 2018-2-5 06:46
Thanks for your comments because I was considering on buying a crystalsky but I will put it on hold until it is clarified.

Your probably right and many new users are probably thinking the same, I would say wait the constant delay in updating these monitors is a real shambles by dji, who offer no explanation.
2018-2-5
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Unfortunately, I agree.  It's a great display, but without full support from DJI.

Do not buy a CS with any hopes of using it with a Mavic Air.

Cheers...

Todd
2018-2-5
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-5 06:57
Your probably right and many new users are probably thinking the same, I would say wait the constant delay in updating these monitors is a real shambles by dji, who offer no explanation.

But it's still a great display nonetheless. It's priceless for the Inspire2
2018-2-5
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Todd in Chicago Posted at 2018-2-5 08:38
Unfortunately, I agree.  It's a great display, but without full support from DJI.

Do not buy a CS with any hopes of using it with a Mavic Air.

I tend to be much more optimistic...
2018-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Elektrica Posted at 2018-2-5 11:05
But it's still a great display nonetheless. It's priceless for the Inspire2

Likewise I find the 7.85 great with P4Pro a real lifesaver when out in the field , but when sharing the 5.5 with spark Mavic and MavAir , updates are going to be important.
2018-2-5
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-5 11:41
Likewise I find the 7.85 great with P4Pro a real lifesaver when out in the field , but when sharing the 5.5 with spark Mavic and MavAir , updates are going to be important.

I agree with you. You cannot really tell what a difference the CS makes until you used one. Let's hope everyone gets one, so that DJI puts more effort in keeping up with updates and such
2018-2-5
Use props
fans20661b4a
lvl.1
United States

I'm seriously considering returning the Mavic Air back to DJI. I was very disappointed  to find out that the Mavic Air is not supported.  I have both the  Pro and Spark.. May return the CS too.
2018-2-5
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

fans20661b4a Posted at 2018-2-5 12:35
I'm seriously considering returning the Mavic Air back to DJI. I was very disappointed  to find out that the Mavic Air is not supported.  I have both the  Pro and Spark.. May return the CS too.

Why would you ever return such an amazing machine? Anyway, DJI never stated it will not be supported. It,s just not supported right now. Anything else is just speculations made by users and most,y not based on any evidence. If the keynote is showing a Mavic Air piloted by a CS, it is pretty obvious that DJI cares. They probably just prioritiezed delivery of the Mavic vs compatibility. If it was the other way around someone would complain about that as well.
2018-2-5
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Elektrica Posted at 2018-2-5 11:06
I tend to be much more optimistic...

Me too, it will come, just a matter of hopefully not too long time. But for the time being I miss it badly...
2018-2-5
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-5 14:29
Me too, it will come, just a matter of hopefully not too long time. But for the time being I miss it badly...

Tell me about it, although there're many other good things coming with the Mavic Air that make up for it. Like I said other times, try a Tesla and see how many things go wrong with each update, but after all, they're among the best true innovators around, so they're still to be fully supported IMHO. Who can forget Steve Jobs and the antennagate?
2018-2-5
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Elektrica Posted at 2018-2-5 14:31
Tell me about it, although there're many other good things coming with the Mavic Air that make up for it. Like I said other times, try a Tesla and see how many things go wrong with each update, but after all, they're among the best true innovators around, so they're still to be fully supported IMHO. Who can forget Steve Jobs and the antennagate?

You are right, but the CrystalSky is such a revelation once you have it, that it is hard to use anything else again thereafter ;-) And I can well imagine that they are even more important for your high value Inspires.
2018-2-5
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes it is a little upsetting in regards to not be able to use my CS with the Air.  I would like to think that this will be resolved in the very near future, but my brain keeps getting flashbacks to the DJI statement about OTG and the Spark.
2018-2-5
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-2-5 14:52
Yes it is a little upsetting in regards to not be able to use my CS with the Air.  I would like to think that this will be resolved in the very near future, but my brain keeps getting flashbacks to the DJI statement about OTG and the Spark.

I have no doubt that the engineers are working on it... ;-)
2018-2-5
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-2-5 14:52

Let's have faith in them!
2018-2-5
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Elektrica Posted at 2018-2-5 15:27
Let's have faith in them!

The only blessing is that it's to freaking windy & cold to fly here in the Northeast
2018-2-5
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-2-5 16:44
The only blessing is that it's to freaking windy & cold to fly here in the Northeast

Well said. Anyone watching Falcon Heavy launch tomorrow? Not quite a drone, but it should be amazing
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Thanks for your attention. CS will support Mavic air in the near future. Please wait patiently.
2018-2-10
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-10 19:42
Hi, there. Thanks for your attention. CS will support Mavic air in the near future. Please wait patiently.

The new update CS software update just released should work with it
2018-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules