1765 4 2015-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

Hello guys,

I returned from a flight yesterday, and I still had my Inspire 1 battery inside, the inspire was in his original travel case. I had a visit today, my 5 year old nephew was here too, the case was open, and as you know kids have the tendency to push things. So he accidentally managed to turn on the inspire while in travel case - I said what a hell, it has no remote signal, it wont do anything.. When suddenly it started to exit travel mode inside the case - NONE of my remotes was on, the inspire did this immediately when he turned it on.. No warning, nothing!!!

I managed to turn it off, as soon as I heard the bird exiting travel mode. It was very hard to get it out from the travel case, but I managed to do it. I started it again - now with remote on and outside of the case, and it finished exiting travel mode.

It happened to me the first time!! Any similar experience? DJI: If you need it I can try and get the logs, I'm not sure this things gets logged but if they do, I can send it to you

Sky
2015-4-28
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 407710 ft
United States

Probably not the best idea to travel with a battery in the INSPIRE, just sayin'......
2015-4-28
Use props
SGsoar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1624364 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ask your nephew to do it again. This time with the inspire out of the case and with a video rolling.

Lets see if he can repeat it. Maybe the little guy knows something we don't.  
2015-4-28
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Slovakia

Rbimd Posted at 2015-4-29 07:47
Probably not the best idea to travel with a battery in the INSPIRE, just sayin'......

I was not travelling with it. I was flying on the simulator at home, and I put back the inspire with the battery loaded. I never travel with battery inside the inspire since I saw that it could end up in flames.
2015-4-29
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Slovakia

SGsoar Posted at 2015-4-29 08:44
Ask your nephew to do it again. This time with the inspire out of the case and with a video rolling. ...

I tried to replicate it, I thought if the VPS was very close to a surface it will autoexit travel mode. But nothing happened.. Dunno why ...
2015-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules