WARNING: DJI is sending out Mavic Remote Controllers in Mode 1
740 11 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steverp3s
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82625 ft
United States

Last month I received a Mavic Pro remote controller back from the DJI repair center.  I took off using this newly repaired/replaced remote using the Auto Takeoff button on the remote, but when I tried to bring the Mavic down, instead of going down, it went backwards and crashed into a wall.  This crash was caused by the Mavic Pro remote controller not operating the way it should.  This crash damaged all four propellers.  I am an experienced pilot and have flown the DJI Phantom for many years and have flown the Mavic Pro for more than 3 months.

After some investigation, it turns out the remote controller was in Mode 1.  Mode 1 has the control sticks in reverse order as Mode 2 (Mode 2 down is Mode 1 back).  The remote controller should have been in Mode 2 as this is the default mode (per DJI documentation).  The original remote controller I sent to DJI for repair was in Mode 2 and DJI sent me back a remote controller in Mode 1.

I felt that because the remote controller should have been sent to me in Mode 2 (the DJI default mode) DJI is responsible for my damaged propellers.  DJI stated that they would not replace the propellers.  In addition, DJI sent the remote controller back to me with missing parts (missing cable and slider). It has been over a month and I am still waiting for the missing parts.

This is the worst customer support I have ever had.

2018-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats not good give that mode 2 is the universal mode!
2018-2-5
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

If they sent you a different remote you should always check the settings don’t ever assume anything.
2018-2-5
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

Wow that's really unfortunate. Another reason to always fly new Mavics outside.

You probably got the Mavic from another guy who sent it into repair. This guy used Mode 1 and DJI forgot to change it back.  

You're losing your time with DJI support. They're not gonna help you on this case.
2018-2-5
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Last time I've checked, Mode 1 was the standard in Asia. And DJI being the Asian company....
2018-2-5
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

lol how tight of an area were you in when you went backwards instead of down? Sounds very small area. I would always see if the moves are to my liking anytime i change controllers.

Anyway i kind of agree with DJI in this case since they don't say every controller is shipped that way guantareed so tough luck on that one.
2018-2-5
Use props
steverp3s
lvl.1
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-5 12:51
Last time I've checked, Mode 1 was the standard in Asia. And DJI being the Asian company....

The documentation from DJI states that the default mode is Mode 2.
2018-2-5
Use props
steverp3s
lvl.1
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-2-5 12:51

The DJI documentation states that Mode 2 is the default mode.
2018-2-5
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

That's mistake I guess... like with the waypoints...
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Steve, we are sorry for the crash accident, but customer should check and verify all the settings are proper before the flight, I will transfer your thought to appropriate department anyway. May I have the previous case number so that I check more details and give you an update about the missing part? Thank you very much.
2018-2-5
Use props
steverp3s
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-5 19:11
Hi Steve, we are sorry for the crash accident, but customer should check and verify all the settings are proper before the flight, I will transfer your thought to appropriate department anyway. May I have the previous case number so that I check more details and give you an update about the missing part? Thank you very much.

Hi Mindy,
The missing parts case is: CAS-1393994-M2W1P3

The damaged props case is: CAS-1402093-X3J2P2
Please note the damaged props are 8331 props.

Thank you!
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

steverp3s Posted at 2018-2-7 11:30
Hi Mindy,
The missing parts case is: CAS-1393994-M2W1P3

Steverp3s, thanks for the case number, I have transferred your concern to appropriate department to look into, we will have someone to contact you after verification, please wait patiently, thank you very much.
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules