P4 upgrade to V02.00.0700 Update Failed
3785 10 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Plazmo
lvl.1
Canada

Hello

I have a phantom 4 and am running DJI Assistant 2  V1.22 for Windows. DJI Assisstant sees the Phantom and suggests an update to V2.00.0700. The Update downloads but the transmission fails and gives me an 'Update Failed' message. I've attached the log.

Any assistance appreciated.

2018_02_05@12_44_43.zip

4.62 KB, Down times: 8

2018-2-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This seems to be a common problem at present. You could update using DJI Go 4 App' if you wish.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Plazmo, could you refer below and export the upgrade log? We need it for further analysis, thanks!
Assisstant 2(Windows) C: /Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
Assisstant 2(MAC): ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log

2018-2-5
Use props
CAOA
lvl.1
Colombia

Hello,

My P4 is useless as it lost video feed when trying to fly. Went to upgrade it and got worse!! my drone now shows the message "Processor chip critically overheated. The aircraft will power off in 30 seconds"  - it does not power down. Also the gimble is totally disconnected - none of the camera functions are accessible in the app. SD card not detected  and the LED above the micro SD slot is flashing RED RED GREEN GREEN over and over. Need to update but always fails. I have tried to update the software 30 times through the app and with Assistant 2 and it fails at the exact same place on both platforms. downloaded DJI ASSIST 1.22 from mavic as a youtube user suggested and no luck. MAC, PC, Tablet.. and all fail, different cable....Any help appreciated.
2018-2-18
Use props
djiuser_urWEtRFBVEcn
New

United States

CAOA Posted at 2018-2-18 20:58
Hello,

My P4 is useless as it lost video feed when trying to fly. Went to upgrade it and got worse!! my drone now shows the message "Processor chip critically overheated. The aircraft will power off in 30 seconds"  - it does not power down. Also the gimble is totally disconnected - none of the camera functions are accessible in the app. SD card not detected  and the LED above the micro SD slot is flashing RED RED GREEN GREEN over and over. Need to update but always fails. I have tried to update the software 30 times through the app and with Assistant 2 and it fails at the exact same place on both platforms. downloaded DJI ASSIST 1.22 from mavic as a youtube user suggested and no luck. MAC, PC, Tablet.. and all fail, different cable....Any help appreciated.

Have you found any solutions? I'm having the exact same issue. I called DJI and the told me to update the firmware through DJI Assistant 2 and nothing works for me.
2018-2-22
Use props
tokenbrit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384094 ft
United States

You may want to try uninstalling the DJI Assistant software from your computer and downloading a fresh image from DJI. Also make sure the cable you use is high quality.  This has worked for me.  Good luck.
2018-2-24
Use props
djiuser_GW0LqGp6MpTa
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

My P4 is useless as it lost video feed when trying to fly. Went to upgrade it and got worse!! my drone now shows the message "Processor chip critically overheated. The aircraft will power off in 30 seconds"  - it does not power down. Also the gimble is totally disconnected - none of the camera functions are accessible in the app. SD card not detected  and the LED above the micro SD slot is flashing RED RED GREEN GREEN over and over. Need to update but always fails. I have tried to update the software 30 times through the app and with Assistant 2 and it fails at the exact same place on both platforms. downloaded DJI ASSIST 1.22 from mavic as a youtube user suggested and no luck. MAC, PC, Tablet.. and all fail, different cable....Any help appreciated.

I am having the exact same issues, did you ever find a solution?
2018-8-25
Use props
fans368921ec
lvl.1
United States

Downgrade it to the previous firmware. And upgrade it again make sure you have a full battery
2018-8-25
Use props
antonoprianto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 395240 ft
Indonesia

Hello,

My P4 is useless as it lost video feed when trying to fly. Went to upgrade it and got worse!! my drone now shows the message "rocessor chip critically overheated. The aircraft will power off in 30 seconds"  - it does not power down. Also the gimble is totally disconnected - none of the camera functions are accessible in the app. SD card not detected  and the LED above the micro SD slot is flashing RED RED GREEN GREEN over and over. Need to update but always fails. I have tried to update the software 30 times through the app and with Assistant 2 and it fails at the exact same place on both platforms. downloaded DJI ASSIST 1.22 from mavic as a youtube user suggested and no luck. MAC, PC, Tablet.. and all fail, different cable....Any help appreciated.

haiii is the same problem with me, please help may day may day
2018-9-13
Use props
Hansi95
lvl.1
Flight distance : 458415 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Even this is an old Thread and Im not able to create a new, own one.. I got the same problem. Didnt use my P4 for a long time and have Firmware 1.xx.xxxx. Tried to Update via DJI Assistent 2 (several Versions) i'll only get an Update Failure after Downloading 100%. When trying over the DJI Go 4 App and via remote there is no update available, only for the remote, but I saw some people having issues updating the remote first. When i click update in the app it only checks for an update and then nothing happens, the update button reappears. Tried factory reset as well, tried with and without formatted / non formatted sd card, tried some restarts and reinstalls from app, Assistent, pc, drone, remote, everything. Maybe someone can help me, because im not able to use my drone at the moment.
2019-3-22
Use props
Hansi95
lvl.1
Flight distance : 458415 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Ah, sorry for double posting: In the app i can see a live view from the drones camera, and in the information it says: update is installing, dont fly before the firmaware has been updated (something like this). And im not able to connect my iphone x via OTG cable, nothing will happen then.
2019-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules