1529 15 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As the title says. I connect my iPhone 6+ to my mavic pro and I can control it but none of the touch inputs work. No long hold gimbal control. No touch focus. Cant swipe and show full screen. Whats going on DJI? FW is up to date. App is on 4.2.5. phone is on iOS 11.2.1.
2018-2-5
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just updated to latest iOS and still no touch controls.
2018-2-5
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rolled back FW to v01.04.100, still not working. Resetting to factory defaults now. What I don't get is that the Spark works perfectly. Im slowly starting to think its an issue with the app.
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for bringing us the attention, I will forward this to our engineers to confirm. At the moment, please try to adjust the gimbal using the pitch bar on the right side of the screen.
2018-2-5
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-5 18:56
Thank you for bringing us the attention, I will forward this to our engineers to confirm. At the moment, please try to adjust the gimbal using the pitch bar on the right side of the screen.

Thanks, its not just gimbal pitch though, I cant use active track to select anything and I cant set the focus where I want. The active track was the whole reason I wanted to fly in wifi mode.
2018-2-6
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

I don't think the FW has anything to do with your phone problem. I have a iPhone 6 with current iOS and GO4 app and don't have a problem with the touch screen., but it does sound like a GO4 app/iPhone issue. Maybe delete the GO4 app, shut down and reboot the phone then reinstall the GO4 app and see if solves the problem. I have never flown in WiFi mode so I don't think I can help you there.
2018-2-6
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Locoman Posted at 2018-2-6 01:50
I don't think the FW has anything to do with your phone problem. I have a iPhone 6 with current iOS and GO4 app and don't have a problem with the touch screen., but it does sound like a GO4 app/iPhone issue. Maybe delete the GO4 app, shut down and reboot the phone then reinstall the GO4 app and see if solves the problem. I have never flown in WiFi mode so I don't think I can help you there.

I have done all of that. It all works fine with the controller connected.

Try it in wifi mode, you don't have to fly, just start up the app and see if you can use touch controls.
2018-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Update to the latest version of IOS 11.2.5 - see if that helps
2018-2-6
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-2-6 01:55
Update to the latest version of IOS 11.2.5 - see if that helps

Done this.

Thanks for the replies guys but I would really appreciate it more if you could test this out for me by connecting just your phone to the Mavic via wifi and see if you touch controls work. This will eliminate it being a problem my end if you get the same results. Ideally if you are using an iOS device.
2018-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As you asked nicely LOL - I’ll try it later and get back to you on here. To be clear, I’m using an iPhone 7+ on IOS 11.2.5 with GO 4 version 4.2.5 and the latest FW .200 on my MPP via the latest version of Assistant 2 with everything recently calibrated and the drone in mint condition - I’ll try WiFi only and see if I experience the same issues.
2018-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-2-6 03:13
Done this.

Thanks for the replies guys but I would really appreciate it more if you could test this out for me by connecting just your phone to the Mavic via wifi and see if you touch controls work. This will eliminate it being a problem my end if you get the same results. Ideally if you are using an iOS device.

OK - I've just set it up, switched from RC to WiFi and linked. I can control the gimbal tilt from the screen and bring up the camera settings by tapping the screen to the right but yes, I can not tap to focus or clear the screen and the controls do not work... Well spotted Malakai! There is a definite issue there. Back to RC now for sure! DJI Thor, can you please advise when the engineers have fixed this. Ta
2018-2-6
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-2-6 03:34
OK - I've just set it up, switched from RC to WiFi and linked. I can control the gimbal tilt from the screen and bring up the camera settings by tapping the screen to the right but yes, I can not tap to focus or clear the screen and the controls do not work... Well spotted Malakai! There is a definite issue there. Back to RC now for sure!

Nice one, thanks for testing this. At least I know I can sit tight and see if DJI can get this sorted before the weekend lol. I was hoping to go for a ride out.

Now its just a waiting game...
2018-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-2-6 03:37
Nice one, thanks for testing this. At least I know I can sit tight and see if DJI can get this sorted before the weekend lol. I was hoping to go for a ride out.

Now its just a waiting game...

I never use it myself but its an option and one that needs to work effectively - fingers crossed on the fix!
2018-2-6
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-5 18:56
Thank you for bringing us the attention, I will forward this to our engineers to confirm. At the moment, please try to adjust the gimbal using the pitch bar on the right side of the screen.

Any news on when or if this will be fixed? Ideally if it might be done by the weekend!

Thanks Thor
2018-2-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-2-7 03:13
Any news on when or if this will be fixed? Ideally if it might be done by the weekend!

Thanks Thor

Yeah, still the same situ today!
2018-2-7
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Quick update.

iOS DJI Go4 4.2.6 fixes the touch screen controls issue.
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules