What the!!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
csiami
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23711 ft
United States

I have a P2V+ V2.  yesterday I put it on the Assistant and noticed immediately a pop up advising I upgrade to version 3.14.  I've always had very good luck with the upgrades and have got in excess of a hundred flights with my bird.  I went ahead and did the upgrade went perfect then went through all the checks including both Basic and Advanced calibration.

Today I took my Phantom out to fly.  Turned on the transmitter, the range extender, then powered up the Phantom.  Had great GPS with 12 satilites.
Calibrated my compass perfectly.  Linked through Wi - Fi, opened app.  checked everything camera signal etc. perfect.

Executed the CSC - NOTHING!!  Rebooted everything several times, changed to different batteries still when I execute the CSC NOTHING!!

It seems the Version 3.14 killed my ability to start my motors??  Has this happened to anyone else??

2015-4-28
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Did you also recalibrate the sticks?
2015-4-28
Use props
TCMAC
lvl.2
United States

I had this happen once.... Had to return home and do a recal.... Fixed.  Not sure why they got so out of calibration....
2015-4-28
Use props
yorlik
lvl.3

United States

sounds like they added a no fly zone where you are trying to fly.....
2015-4-28
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

TCMAC Posted at 2015-4-29 07:19
I had this happen once.... Had to return home and do a recal.... Fixed.  Not sure why they got so ou ...

A recalibration could reset everything with new programming,  always do a full calibration after upgrading just to be sure.
2015-4-28
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

As a minimum, connect to the assistant and verify all switches, tx and calibrations are correct. Make sure the correct RC is listed for the one you have. Gary suggestion is a good one to help prevent fly a ways and proper operation.
2015-4-28
Use props
csiami
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23711 ft
United States

I did a full calibration prior to the upgrade, didn't re-calibrate afterwards.  I'll try that today.  Hopefully that works.
2015-4-29
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

they need to develop a checklist so that everyone sees it in writing.  until then we have to know to do this.
2015-4-29
Use props
neil.printmaxx
lvl.1

United States

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-4-29 22:35
they need to develop a checklist so that everyone sees it in writing.  until then we have to know to ...

Doesn't seem to me that "they" are going to develop the checklist that seems to be growing weekly. It is up to us to stay abreast of the "close encounters" and "almost lost it" situations of other Phantom fliers to try and discern from their descriptions of events, what might have been overlooked so as to avoid those mishaps ourselves. The firmware updating procedures, the calibration procedures of both the Phantom and the controller, and the preflight procedures to establish and verify home point all are highly technical in nature and must be strictly adhered to. I am spending a minimum of 10 to 12 minutes on preflight procedures before taking to the air manually, automated flight takes me even longer. Do any of you share similar preflight checking times? Peace.
2015-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules