Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic air RC unable to connect to DJI Assistant 2
21721 79 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_7gJ4yN2grGww
lvl.1

I am having the same issue as everyone else here, exactly as described.  I did turn OFF the unsigned driver option, and also tried running the installer as admin.  Even installed the DJI USB for win10 driver.  Still no good - USB goes on and off, beeping up and beeping down, over & over.  DJI assistant 1.21 sees the AIR fine - no problem, but will not see the controller, not matter what I try.  Tried Win8 compatability mode, too - no luck.  I have all the last drivers on my win10 PC - its totally up to date, and all my other usb devices work fine.  Please fix!
2018-6-12
Use props
MitchAG
lvl.1

djiuser_7gJ4yN2grGww Posted at 2018-6-12 17:55
I am having the same issue as everyone else here, exactly as described.  I did turn OFF the unsigned driver option, and also tried running the installer as admin.  Even installed the DJI USB for win10 driver.  Still no good - USB goes on and off, beeping up and beeping down, over & over.  DJI assistant 1.21 sees the AIR fine - no problem, but will not see the controller, not matter what I try.  Tried Win8 compatability mode, too - no luck.  I have all the last drivers on my win10 PC - its totally up to date, and all my other usb devices work fine.  Please fix!

Actually - I got it going!  I uninstalled the latest (bad) version, then installed the old version.  THEN installed the new version right ontop of the old, and now it sees the RC!  This is the only fix that worked for me.  Problem solved.
2018-6-15
Use props
Monk32
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50915 ft
Greece

Well folks..
hear closely..
I am using the air some 6 months and I face no problem at all, till today 2/7/18. The problem was connection failure. I have flown 3 days ago with no problem, so I wondered what may be the cause of this behavior of my drone. Also I tried to connect the drone by assistant2 but wasn't recognizable at all. The only change I have done was the change of the SD card. I am using an SANDISK EXTREME PRO 32Gb U3 but instead I place my older LEXAR 633 U1 32Gb. (which I had to use just for one time to check out how this card reacts in 4K video. After that, I never use it any more cause 4K is a little too heavy for that card to record without issues.)
So with Lexar SD in place I had a total refuse from drone to be connected to RC. The yellow button was fast flashing indicating a faulty connection. I remove the LEXAR and replace it with my regular SANDISK EXTREME PRO SD card...and magically… everything got back to normal and the aircraft connected automatically within seconds. Also after that Assistant2 was connected with no issue.
So before desperate move to service, check out this way by replacing a possible faulty SD card cause as I realize the card is able to block our drone connection to RC and Assistant2 app.
I hope this may be helpful to all facing connection problems.  
2018-7-2
Use props
Atlanta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 335679 ft

fans473e667d Posted at 2018-2-6 00:59
Cant even see the rc on dji assistant 2

Today I had the same problem.
2018-7-21
Use props
fansdb17f747
lvl.3

Kevjones1959 Posted at 2018-5-12 21:44
You need to load DJI Assistant 2+1.0.7 it has the correct drivers. Once it's loaded then reload Assistant 2+1.2.3 that works on Windows 10.

Where are older versions???
2018-8-17
Use props
fansdb17f747
lvl.3

gzwtf Posted at 2018-5-13 00:17
Mine starts working after:
- disabling the Windows driver digital signature (follow tutorial here)
- Installing DJI Assistant 2 ver. 1.0.7 in admin mode

Where can download 1.0.7???
2018-8-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

fansdb17f747 Posted at 2018-8-17 15:11
Where can download 1.0.7???

I have sent you two PMs that will hopefully solve your problem.
2018-8-17
Use props
MiffedTristan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Is there a fix for this? I can't find the older versions of DJI Assistant 2 and DJI support deny any issue with their software despite me sending them a number of these problem pages. Also, I am on my second Drone having replaced the first after 4 days and am having the same problem, no forward and back control / movement. Any ideas before I send the second one back for a refund and give up completely? Thanks
2018-8-22
Use props
saviour
First Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

I found a solution. I will just copy / past from my other thread.

Ok guys, I finally got it to working and I think this is a solution for everyone who couldn't get it to work in Windows 8 or 10.

1. You need a PC that DJI Assistant has never been installed on.
This is crucial. If you use your PC you have been trying to get it working on, it won't work. I tested
all the following steps on my other PC and it won't work. My theory is that there are files or driver leftovers that don't get completely
deleted which causes the failures.
2. Disable driver signature enforcement.
Here is how you do it: https://windowsreport.com/driver ... rcement-windows-10/
Just follow the steps on solution #1
3. Install the newest version of DJI Assistant 2 by downloading it from the official DJI website.
During the process, your PC will ask you to install drivers that are not trustworthy.
Just hit install anyway and confirm the installation. You will be asked that twice. (so you have to click 2 times install
anyway and 2 times install)
4. Start DJI Assistant 2 and log into your account.
5. Connect your drone via USB to your PC.
6. Start the drone.
7. Wait a minute or so, the drivers from the drone might now be installed
and DJI Assistant should recognize the drone.
8. Done!

I hope that helps to others with problems. This also makes the RC connectable to the PC.
Just keep in mind that you need a PC that you have never done it on before!
2018-8-22
Use props
bjunior
lvl.1

saviour Posted at 2018-8-22 21:48
I found a solution. I will just copy / past from my other thread.

Ok guys, I finally got it to working and I think this is a solution for everyone who couldn't get it to work in Windows 8 or 10.

I'm thinking that maybe a MASS return of this product may put some pep in DJI's step to fix their product or lose a $hit-ton of money.  I've had this Air for a week and have spent more time attempting to reconnect, uninstall reinstall, pray over, offer blood sacrifices (i accidentally cut myself shaving my beard but didn't get any on a DJI product), look for remedies for hours online for this BS, and even got liability insurance in case this flying turd winds up taking someone or something out due to a malfunction.  Is this some secret marketing plot to get us to spend more money on a more expensive DJI product?  Seriously, F these DJI MFer's.
2018-9-14
Use props
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16060 ft
Lithuania

Guys, please could anyone send me the link for DJI Assistant 2 1.0.7, as I could not find anywhere a working download link.
Also I'm still having the same problem with RC not showing up in DJI Assistant 2. Tried everything I found online, still no luck. I think 1.0.7 is my last chance.
2018-10-4
Use props
djiuser_m26Hq4Ia8Der
New

Israel

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-5 19:41
Can you connect the mobile device to the RC via the left micro USB port? If you can, then it could be the issue of the driver or other reasons; if you are not able to connect the mobile device via the left port, it might be the issue of the micro USB port. Please let me know which is your situation, provide me with the screenshot of the DJI Assistant 2 when connecting the RC and PC if it is the first case. Thank you.

Hi,
Trying to calibrate vision sensors. Keep getting connect/disconnect with the cable. Mavic air On. Original dji cable attached rear of drome.
Please assaist.
Thank you.
Win 7
32 bit.

Assaf
2018-10-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Default Posted at 2018-10-4 08:18
Guys, please could anyone send me the link for DJI Assistant 2 1.0.7, as I could not find anywhere a working download link.
Also I'm still having the same problem with RC not showing up in DJI Assistant 2. Tried everything I found online, still no luck. I think 1.0.7 is my last chance.

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. I had sent the link via the PM, please check and see if it works for you. Thanks.
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Default Posted at 2018-10-4 08:18
Also I'm still having the same problem with RC not showing up in DJI Assistant 2. Tried everything I found online, still no luck. I think 1.0.7 is my last chance.

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. I had sent the link via the PM, please check and see if it works for you. Thanks.
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_m26Hq4Ia8Der Posted at 2018-10-13 11:33
Hi,
Trying to calibrate vision sensors. Keep getting connect/disconnect with the cable. Mavic air On. Original dji cable attached rear of drome.
Please assaist.

Hi Assaf, sorry for the difficulties. Just to verify, it is the drone kept disconnecting with the PC, right? Could you please check if the port is loosened? Please try to adjust the angle. Or you can try a different connecting cable.
Besides, please also try to connect another PC. Please let me know if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-10-14
Use props
balans007
lvl.3
Flight distance : 675082 ft
United States

I am sorry to have to complain about this forum but there seems to be a major issue with this DJI Assistant 2 software and everyone has their post as to how to solve it.  If the issue stems form the drivers not being accepted by Microsoft then by gosh DJI needs to get busy and fix the problem rather than let lottie dottie everybody share their two cents.  I have spent over an hour reading the posts to even come across one that states issue (RESOLVED).  I have to tell you the (RESOLVED) wasn't very instructional.  So DJI, are you going to fix the issue?
2018-10-15
Use props
AlexPapadas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93235 ft
Greece

Same problem here , both rc and MA not recognized by Dji Assistant 2
2018-10-15
Use props
pamimies
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5643898 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Cannot connect Rc to pc,no matter what.Need older version of dji assistant 2,but cannot find it anywhere.Why dji do not let people have the option of older version?Because just cannot downgrade my Rc whitout connecting it to dji assistant.Why don't Dji fix this issue???
2018-10-20
Use props
Thatsodd
Flight distance : 1385 ft
United Kingdom

MitchAG Posted at 2018-6-15 16:39
Actually - I got it going!  I uninstalled the latest (bad) version, then installed the old version.  THEN installed the new version right ontop of the old, and now it sees the RC!  This is the only fix that worked for me.  Problem solved.

tried that dont work for me and yes im having the problem 2 after a fluffed up firmware from dji
i managed to get hold of an older version    DJI Assistant 2 1.1.2.573 2017_05_27 16_41_02 6e0216bf(b21de8d8)
i tried a
that and then reinstalled the newer version 1.2.4 but its still no go for me

my usb is conecting then disconecting in device manager this is my problem

just in time for the great cold sunny clear weather thnx dji for the fluffup please can you fix the error you left me with   and all those up there^^^
com port 7 issues.jpg
2018-10-20
Use props
endgame
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-14 20:32

And yet another one.....Win 7 64 not recognizing  RC..

Links to Assistant 2 1.07 are not working, so I can't try that fix.
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

AlexPapadas Posted at 2018-10-15 23:54
Same problem here , both rc and MA not recognized by Dji Assistant 2

Hi Alex, I am sorry for your trouble. Could you please help to confirm if you are using the latest DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.4 for Mavic Air?
If both the RC and AC can't be recognized, please ensure that you had powered on the drone and RC when connecting, see if the PC recognized the connection. If the PC doesn't recognize the connection, please try another connection cable, or try to install the driver of the DJI Assistant 2 manually. I will PM you the link.
If the steps above don't help, you may need to change another PC, or provide me with the screenshot of your device manager for further confirmation, thank you.
2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

balans007 Posted at 2018-10-15 18:48
I am sorry to have to complain about this forum but there seems to be a major issue with this DJI Assistant 2 software and everyone has their post as to how to solve it.  If the issue stems form the drivers not being accepted by Microsoft then by gosh DJI needs to get busy and fix the problem rather than let lottie dottie everybody share their two cents.  I have spent over an hour reading the posts to even come across one that states issue (RESOLVED).  I have to tell you the (RESOLVED) wasn't very instructional.  So DJI, are you going to fix the issue?

Hi balans007, there may be many reasons that caused the issue, and we will optimize this case. May I know if your specific issue is addressed?
2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

pamimies Posted at 2018-10-20 03:27
Cannot connect Rc to pc,no matter what.Need older version of dji assistant 2,but cannot find it anywhere.Why dji do not let people have the option of older version?Because just cannot downgrade my Rc whitout connecting it to dji assistant.Why don't Dji fix this issue???

Hi Pamimies, I am sorry for your issue, I had replied to your another comment, please check, thank you.
2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thatsodd Posted at 2018-10-20 16:03
tried that dont work for me and yes im having the problem 2 after a fluffed up firmware from dji
i managed to get hold of an older version    DJI Assistant 2 1.1.2.573 2017_05_27 16_41_02 6e0216bf(b21de8d8)
i tried a

Hi there, I had replied to your another comment, please check, thank you.
2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

endgame Posted at 2018-10-24 15:32
And yet another one.....Win 7 64 not recognizing  RC..

Links to Assistant 2 1.07 are not working, so I can't try that fix.

Hi there, the latest DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic Air is v1.2.4, could you please try to reinstall the Assistant from https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads and try again?
If the issue persists, I had PMd you the link of the driver, please check and see if that helps, thank you.
2018-10-25
Use props
AlexPapadas
lvl.4
Greece

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-25 23:24
Hi Alex, I am sorry for your trouble. Could you please help to confirm if you are using the latest DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.4 for Mavic Air?
If both the RC and AC can't be recognized, please ensure that you had powered on the drone and RC when connecting, see if the PC recognized the connection. If the PC doesn't recognize the connection, please try another connection cable, or try to install the driver of the DJI Assistant 2 manually. I will PM you the link.
If the steps above don't help, you may need to change another PC, or provide me with the screenshot of your device manager for further confirmation, thank you.

Hi Thor,
I managed to install thru the app, but i find it a bit funny that it can't communicate with the PC
2018-10-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

AlexPapadas Posted at 2018-10-26 04:46
Hi Thor,
I managed to install thru the app, but i find it a bit funny that it can't communicate with the PC

Good to know that you have worked it via the app. But in case there is a need in the future, you may also check if the steps above help. Thank you.
2018-10-26
Use props
BobDoLe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 763094 ft
United States

HEY ME TOO - I also need to get my RC connected. Please don't ask me if I power cycled my modem, rebooted my router, re-inserted my sim card, took a 5 min nap or installed the latest version of DJI assistant v2... because anyone that stumbles on this thread has already tried all steps (and links) dji staff has posted in this and every other thread that keeps bringing up this issue.
2018-10-27
Use props
pamimies
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5643898 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Someone should run a poll on this issue.Would like to now how many percent of MA owners are facing this issue.Or is it with others Dji drones too?
2018-10-28
Use props
AlexPapadas
lvl.4
Greece

After a couple install and unistall now it works perfect thank Thor.
2018-10-29
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Win 10 is a PITA. You have to set unsigned drivers accepted first.

It does not take much to screw up the drivers.

Go toe device manager and uninstall the driver. Make sure you select remove driver files when you do this.

Reboot machine to allow it to remove the driver files then start the driver install again. With enable unsigned drivers active.

Cheers
2018-10-29
Use props
otogno
Flight distance : 12539 ft
Argentina

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-17 15:14
I have sent you two PMs that will hopefully solve your problem.

Hi !!! can you help me? where can I found 1.0.7 ?
thanks !!
2018-10-31
Use props
balans007
lvl.3
Flight distance : 675082 ft
United States

I am submitting this post to address the issue with the Mavic air RC and other Mavic products such as the Mavic Pro Drone, Remote Control and the DJI Goggles unable to connect to DJI Assistant 2.  THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!  I know because I believed that as long as my DJI Mavic device was connected  to my laptop or desktop computer that the DJI Assistant 2 would work.  I am here to say not so.  I went so far as to call DJI and complain to the tecnician that DJI needed to fix their software.  So what is so important.  THE SEQUENCE OF CONNECTING THE DJI DEVICE TO THE COMPUTER IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!  FIRST, RUN THE DJI ASSISTANT 2 APPLICATION ON YOUR COMPUTER BEFORE CONNECTING THE DEVICE.  (INSURE THAT THE APPLICATION IS OPEN AND THAT YOU HAVE SIGNED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT) ( NOTE- YOUR MAVIC DEVICE SHOULD NOT YET BE CONNECTED TO YOUR COMPUTER)  NEXT, MAKE SURE THAT THE DEVICE YOU ARE GOING TO CONNECT TO THE USB PORT OF YOUR COMPUTER IS POWERED OFF.  NOW, CONNECT YOUR DJI DEVICE TO YOUR COMPUTER.  (AT THIS POINT YOUR DJI ASSISTANT 2 APP IS OPEN AND RUNNING AND YOUR DJI DEVICE IS POWERED OFF AND CONNECTED TO YOUR COMPUTER)  NEXT, POWER ON THE DJI DEVICE.  THE DJI ASSISTANT 2 SHOULD NOW RECOGNISE YOUR DJI DEVICE.  If you leave the DJI Device powered off until it is connected to your computer and wait to turn it on until the DJI Assistant 2 APP is running and you have signed in, the DJI Assistant 2 APP should recognise your device.  I made the mistake of turning on the power of my device before I connected it to my computer, it didn't work.  Also, since the battery lights came on after connecting my device to the USB port of my computer and before powered it up, I assumed that the DJI Assistant 2 would recognise it and thereby alowing me to advance to the software protion of the app.  My message is long but all of the messages that I read on this string didn't solve my problem.   
2018-11-3
Use props
BobDoLe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 763094 ft
United States

GUYS.. SOLUTiON - I HAVE IT
go get the dji flight simulator (you can run it as a trial).
https://www.dji.com/simulator/info#downloads

install it. you may not need to actually run it after it installs - in my case it downloaded 1.5gigs and failed to unpack because it wanted to install to an external sdcard in a slot XD.  in your C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Flight Simulator directory, you'll have a "dji_usb_5512_64_108.exe"
run THAT and you get the remote controller driver working.
the simulator is actually pretty awesome, but really taxes a high end system despite limited to 1080p...

i'd like to see DJI try to hide this driver now that i've got my hands on it.

2018-11-4
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

BobDoLe Posted at 11-4 06:20

Excellent hint, thank you!
2018-11-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BobDoLe Posted at 11-4 06:20

Excellent info - thanks   
2018-11-4
Use props
luviz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 286686 ft
United States

Hi all, I'm having the same issue, but on Mac OS. The controller is not recognized by DJI Assistant 2, and the splash screen with the UBS plugging in is shown. Any hint?
2019-1-2
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
First Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

BobDoLe Posted at 2018-11-4 06:20

You are a Gentleman and a Scholar! Your trick worked perfectly, maybe DJI will put this as a digest because this worked better than a lot of suggestions.
2019-2-3
Use props
djiuser_VKBG5MVOHWlj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3386 ft

Botswana

fansfcc89423 Posted at 2018-3-11 08:02
I am trying to do a refresh for the RC remote but its not showing up on the assistance 2. I was able to refresh the Mavic Air with out any issues though. what did you do to get around this issue? thanks

also have problems getting the assistant 2 to work on my MacBook Pro but on my older pc it downloaded and open fine.

Hi i ve been looking at your post, have you managed to connect your rc to pc, if you did please help, im having the same problem.
2019-2-17
Use props
djiuser_VKBG5MVOHWlj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3386 ft

Botswana

fansfcc89423 Posted at 2018-3-11 08:02
I am trying to do a refresh for the RC remote but its not showing up on the assistance 2. I was able to refresh the Mavic Air with out any issues though. what did you do to get around this issue? thanks

also have problems getting the assistant 2 to work on my MacBook Pro but on my older pc it downloaded and open fine.

Hi i ve been looking at your post, have you managed to connect your rc to pc, if you did please help, im having the same problem.
2019-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules