Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile 2 or Osmo Mobile?
2059 5 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Agent Sgt. Shadow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 500679 ft
United States

I'm deciding to get a Osmo, but I don't know which one. Lots of people have been talking about how the Osmo Mobile 2 doesn't have a removable, and so the battery degreades faster, but has more smart modes than the Osmo Mobile. Which one should I get? Thanks in advance.
[P.S: Please put down your opinion and why.]
2018-2-5
Use props
Mikey Z
lvl.3
Hong Kong

If you travel outside for a long time, choose osmo mobile1 for its detachable batteries, otherwise, choose 2.
If  want metallic feeling of your device, you can choose 1, without this requirement, just choose 2.
If you want to save money, choose 2.
2018-2-5
Use props
Agent Sgt. Shadow
lvl.3
United States

Mikey Z Posted at 2018-2-5 22:27
If you travel outside for a long time, choose osmo mobile1 for its detachable batteries, otherwise, choose 2.
If  want metallic feeling of your device, you can choose 1, without this requirement, just choose 2.
If you want to save money, choose 2.

Thank you!
2018-2-6
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

DJI’s marketing is a bit misleading as far as the smart modes go.  They list “hyperlapse” as being available, which would appear to be something  the Osmo Mobile 1 does not have, however all they did was rename motion timelapse, which the Osmo Mobile 1 DOES have (and so does the Osmo+), so the modes are the same.

The only thing it can do that the Osmo Mobile 1 can’t do (as well) is portrait mode.

Another thing you have to consider is accessories, this can’t use ANY of the Osmo accessories, except the base, tripod, and vehicle mount (if your feeling brave).  So if you ever want to attach a light or external microphone your out of luck, you also won’t be able to use the bike mount, body mount, or any other accessory.

The new button layout and elimination of the trigger are also problematic.

And the battery issue as already mentioned.
2018-2-6
Use props
Agent Sgt. Shadow
lvl.3
United States

9245 Posted at 2018-2-6 12:32
DJI’s marketing is a bit misleading as far as the smart modes go.  They list “hyperlapse” as being available, which would appear to be something  the Osmo Mobile 1 does not have, however all they did was rename motion timelapse, which the Osmo Mobile 1 DOES have (and so does the Osmo+), so the modes are the same.

The only thing it can do that the Osmo Mobile 1 can’t do (as well) is portrait mode.

Thank you so much for your opinion and for explaining!
2018-2-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The only reason I like V2 is the longer battery life and the option to use it as a powerbank.
Mainly useful if you want to shoot motion timelapses a lot.
Otherwise, I really like my V1.
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules