Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Charging Station ETA?
1702 16 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FanOfFlight
First Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

Anyone heard anythign about the Charging Stations and when we can expect them for the Inpsire 2 TB50 battery?
I had tried to order one but the DJI store keeps saying out of stock comming soon (and yes I know thats kinda funny to expect anything else other than "comming soon" from DJI store)....

I have checked a few other places and they are also saying no one has recieved any.  Is this even a real product?
2018-2-5
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I figured these were already shipped out sometime ago.  I do not need one, but they certainly look very nice.

Rich
2018-2-5
Use props
FanOfFlight
First Officer
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-2-5 20:52
I figured these were already shipped out sometime ago.  I do not need one, but they certainly look very nice.

Rich

I wish!  I tried to order it on the day it was announced and right after clicking "buy now" it says coming soon and only gave me a opportunity to wait on a notification list.

Been checking back every week now and nothing new and no change to status.  Maybe my luck with change in the morning...

What I was really after was just seeing if anyone is getting them and I'm just not lucky enough yet.  I don't even seen any reviews on YouTube for it so I was growing concerned they will dump this product...
2018-2-5
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-2-5 20:58
I wish!  I tried to order it on the day it was announced and right after clicking "buy now" it says coming soon and only gave me a opportunity to wait on a notification list.

Been checking back every week now and nothing new and no change to status.  Maybe my luck with change in the morning...

Now that you mention it, nothing has posted about this charging station. Out of sight out of mind  

It really looks like a very nice concept for the pro user on a jobsite. I guess they ran into some supply issues and it has been delayed. Cant imagine they would drop it.

Rich
2018-2-5
Use props
FanOfFlight
First Officer
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-2-5 21:09
Now that you mention it, nothing has posted about this charging station. Out of sight out of mind  

It really looks like a very nice concept for the pro user on a jobsite. I guess they ran into some supply issues and it has been delayed. Cant imagine they would drop it.

I suspect that too or they are shipping direct to the big guys and waiting to fill al their orders before my order for 'just one'.

I don't actually need one, but when I need to go its really nice to be able to charge quick all the batteries, do the firmware and all that they said it does...  right now I have multiple charging hubs and it takes almost as long to set them up as it does to charge a set!
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry that it is still out of stock in our online store, currently, we do not have the shipping date either, please leave your email in purchasing page and we will send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-2-6
Use props
FanOfFlight
First Officer
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-6 02:29
Hi there, we are sorry that it is still out of stock in our online store, currently, we do not have the shipping date either, please leave your email and we will send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. Sorry for the inconvenience.

DJI Mindy
I already put my name on the wait list, I assume that's what you mean....
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-2-7 00:22
DJI Mindy
I already put my name on the wait list, I assume that's what you mean....

Yes, that is what I mean, appreciate your patience very much.
2018-2-7
Use props
DroneDog8
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-7 07:05
Yes, that is what I mean, appreciate your patience very much.

Dear Mindy....Please, please, please

I wish DJI would go to a standard charging system which had a universal controller and multiple adapters for the entire product line. Just like the Mavic and Phantom have their own independent  connector, so could every other DJI battery.  Other companies build a single controller that can charge all types and sizes with user options for storage, cycle, charge rate, etc. of batteries including all different chemistry including Lipo, Lithium Ion, Nickel Metal Hydride, etc.  With connections to a computer you can store charge results and graph a lot of parameters.  The good ones, like REVO (FMA Direct  FMA Web), even offer "Bump" charging where you bar code each battery and "bump" the bar code up against a built-in reader and all of the battery charging parameters are automatically set.  If DJI wanted to limit the options like the charge rate, fine.  But it would make travel with multiple birds so much easier...one small unit and a couple different types of adapters.  The types of "hubs" and "stations" that DJI is building go obsolete when the DJI Inspire 3, 4... or Mavic 2, 3.... or Phantom 5, 6.....come out with different size batteries.
2018-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DroneDog8 Posted at 2018-3-14 10:56
Dear Mindy....Please, please, please

I wish DJI would go to a standard charging system which had a universal controller and multiple adapters for the entire product line. Just like the Mavic and Phantom have their own independent  connector, so could every other DJI battery.  Other companies build a single controller that can charge all types and sizes with user options for storage, cycle, charge rate, etc. of batteries including all different chemistry including Lipo, Lithium Ion, Nickel Metal Hydride, etc.  With connections to a computer you can store charge results and graph a lot of parameters.  The good ones, like REVO (FMA Direct  FMA Web), even offer "Bump" charging where you bar code each battery and "bump" the bar code up against a built-in reader and all of the battery charging parameters are automatically set.  If DJI wanted to limit the options like the charge rate, fine.  But it would make travel with multiple birds so much easier...one small unit and a couple different types of adapters.  The types of "hubs" and "stations" that DJI is building go obsolete when the DJI Inspire 3, 4... or Mavic 2, 3.... or Phantom 5, 6.....come out with different size batteries.

It may be hard to achieve at the moment but nice proposal, we are always working on improving our products to make customer have a better experience, so your feedback is very important to us, I will forward it to our engineers for consideration, thank you again.
2018-3-16
Use props
daev2018
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are already rumors of Inspire 3 end of year. Please DJI let our TB50 batteries, X5S / X7 cameras, and CinneSD cards be forward compatible.
2018-3-16
Use props
FanOfFlight
First Officer
Canada

daev2018 Posted at 2018-3-16 17:05
There are already rumors of Inspire 3 end of year. Please DJI let our TB50 batteries, X5S / X7 cameras, and CinneSD cards be forward compatible.

I think its more likely to see that inspire 3 now than it is to see this battery charging station...
2018-3-28
Use props
Keule
Captain
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-3-28 15:54
I think its more likely to see that inspire 3 now than it is to see this battery charging station...

Yes, it's likely that this is the case ...
In addition, hopefully the charging station will not disappear as the Tracktenna did.
2018-3-28
Use props
FanOfFlight
First Officer
Canada

Keule Posted at 2018-3-28 22:55
Yes, it's likely that this is the case ...
In addition, hopefully the charging station will not disappear as the Tracktenna did.

This is a little crazy, waiting this long for this - and its not even a good deal for the charging station....  its expensive, and not available.  Hopefully the price drops also while we wait.
2018-3-31
Use props
FanOfFlight
First Officer
Canada

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-3-31 20:11
This is a little crazy, waiting this long for this - and its not even a good deal for the charging station....  its expensive, and not available.  Hopefully the price drops also while we wait.

Just wanted to close this thread off...  It looks like you can order the Charging Station now, and they are shipping to end users.  I purchased mine.

Also, if you signed up to be alerted for when this was available, you likely didn't get an alert that it was available.  I didn't, but someone mentioned its availability in the TB50 battery error thread so that's how I knew...  still no alert from DJI so I suspect that system isn't going to alert you.
2018-4-17
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 150932 ft
United States

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-4-17 15:01
Just wanted to close this thread off...  It looks like you can order the Charging Station now, and they are shipping to end users.  I purchased mine.

Also, if you signed up to be alerted for when this was available, you likely didn't get an alert that it was available.  I didn't, but someone mentioned its availability in the TB50 battery error thread so that's how I knew...  still no alert from DJI so I suspect that system isn't going to alert you.

I did get an alert, ordered one, checked stock 2 minutes later it was sold out. It's awesome!
2018-4-17
Use props
FanOfFlight
First Officer
Canada

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-17 17:33
I did get an alert, ordered one, checked stock 2 minutes later it was sold out. It's awesome!

They must have had a very limited run of them on the first batch...  or sold way more then they panned to!  either way, I think the pro's out there are going to really going to love this.  I hope some early reviews come in soon from those lucky enough to have gotten an order in early.
2018-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules