Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How often should the props be changed
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6142 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, question please. After every flight I place my P3A back into its DJI flight case, this involves removing the props each time. Therefore, should I change the props after a given time (just in case of wear). Any recommendations or advice would be of great assistance.

BR
Chris
2018-2-5
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

2018-2-6
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

2018-2-6
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Spain

Hope it help Chris_A
2018-2-6
Use props
sky wombat
Captain
Flight distance : 1443894 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Chris at the risk of being a smart arse it's a bit like how long is a piece of string? Just inspect the propellers after each use. Look for nicks, scrapes and cracks. Oh yeah and bugs. Your props should last for many flights barring major prangs etc. If it worries you though swap the propeller set at regular intervals.
Some of the others will provide advice on prop swap but I have two carry packs for the P3 & P4. The first cases allow me to keep the props on, throw the whole lot in the back of the truck etc. The second cases are soft, back pack & I use these if I have to walk anywhere. The soft cases mean props need removal.
One final thing. Make sure the propellers are properly fitted otherwise you may find an uncontrolled, and rather fast, descent.
2018-2-6
Use props
Chris_A
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you all, much appreciated.

/Chris
2018-2-6
Use props
wntmldrs_belgium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 793281 ft
Belgium

Flying three years now with the same props. Put my P3P in a cheap cardboard box and never ever take them off. Take them off only to send the aircraft to DJI for cracks repair. So three new hulls, but still the same props.
2018-2-6
Use props
johnsr
Captain
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

I changed props only after about 40 hours of flight (just before heading to the mountains for flying). Otherwise, I remove them after each session to put the P3P in my rucksack , and I do inspect them regularly.
2018-2-6
Use props
Chris_A
Second Officer
United Kingdom

It was more the fact that, although I check the blades for wear and damage, it's difficult to see the internal thread (obviously I have to remove the blades after each flight for storage purposes).
2018-2-6
Use props
AIister
Second Officer
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

yah i bought my phantom july 2015 and still running on original props.   a few bug guts and tip over landings but still sharpe

2018-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd say every 200 flights subject to their condition
2018-2-6
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Personally I only take props off if I need to put AC in the case. 99% of the time - the AC sits outside the case on the floor next to it.  That means it gets air movement round it ... props stay on .....

I only changed my year old props on the P3P when it hit the tree and one shed a piece of blade. That prop went into my paint stirrer bin. The other 3 were carefully checked for damage / cracks etc. and put in the old but good slot. Spare props fitted.

There is no need to change props unless they have been subjected to non normal incidents !!  I have props on various models that are years old ... regular checks and wipe down ...

Nigel
2018-2-6
Use props
Leftyguy
Captain
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

So far I have been lucky having no incidents to cause prop damage. Still with the originals but I check them thoroughly  before each flight.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Chris. Usually, I would recommend users fly their drone after 50 flights. Please change the props when they are used less than 100 flights. In addition, please check the props before flight and do not fly with damaged props. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I change mine after every crash landing. Hahaha

But seriously, check them before and after every flight.

Never tighten them beyond hand firm. No need to white knuckle them... Ha
I bought a Plasticase Nanuk 945 case, so I can leave my props on.
With the DJI hardshell backpack, the props had to be removed for transport.
But again, never tighten them too much, and they will last for hundreds of flights, barring catastrophe.

Enjoy your drone, and time well spent while on the Forum.

RedHotPoker
2018-2-10
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Every year, whether they need it or not.   Really, your props will last a long time if they only chop air.
2018-2-11
Use props
Phantom One
Captain
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

If you over tighten you will strip the threads easily.  I have never replaced mine yet, over 2 years
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules