mavic focusing problems
1558 11 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1654 ft
Italy

Hi all, i have been having focusing problems for a while now. blurred imagary and blank like canvas with no textures, tried resetting camera settings  calibrated imu to no avail. finding that i'm having to reset camera settings every time i use it to get a picture on my phone. really getting frustrated now. using latest firmware and refreshed it before anyone suggests that lol. attached link to show you what is happening. its not on every shot but most there is no textures.
thanks all.
2018-2-6
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

If you fly towards the sun, it looks like the lens of the camera is fogged or dirty. Maybe this is the issue?
2018-2-6
Use props
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Italy

chiplifter Posted at 2018-2-6 03:25
If you fly towards the sun, it looks like the lens of the camera is fogged or dirty. Maybe this is the issue?

yes i  understand that the sun plays a factor but as it flies towards the bridge take a gander of the green blan canvas to the left no textures whats so ever, it's just like a piece of green paper lol. if fact just looking at the screen before you press play you can see the untextured parts that have not focused
2018-2-6
Use props
chiplifter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

Well, because you fly a bit low, the camera focusses on the selected distance. A bit up or down everything outside the focus area becomes blurry. Does your camera stay focussed when flying at a higher altitude?
2018-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Set sharpness to +1 in your camera profiles after resetting the camera.
2018-2-6
Use props
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Italy

chiplifter Posted at 2018-2-6 04:01
Well, because you fly a bit low, the camera focusses on the selected distance. A bit up or down everything outside the focus area becomes blurry. Does your camera stay focussed when flying at a higher altitude?

HI not sure losing the will to live lol this is the latest video i shot to me parts still look blurry
2018-2-6
Use props
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Italy

A CW Posted at 2018-2-6 04:02
Set sharpness to +1 in your camera profiles after resetting the camera.

thanx will try that next time i fly.
2018-2-6
Use props
fansc2962bbc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

The IMU calibration has nothing to do with the camera function.  There are a lot of different suggestions as what camera settings are the best. It depends on the scenery, light and  how much work in post production you do. Here is a video tutorial on the subject.
2018-2-6
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

when shooting in 4k best settings is (due to too much noise) sharpness 0, above youtube shows settings before firmware upgrade to improve image quality.
Date : 2017.08.22 Firmware : v01.03.1000 DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.1.7 DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.1.5
What’s New?  Fixed an occasional issue where DNG files couldn’t be opened.  Fixed an occasional issue where the camera would restart automatically during recording.  Fixed an occasional issue where the gimbal would drift after self-checking.  Limited the max descend speed to 2 m/s and max ascend speed to 3 m/s in Propeller Cage mode.  Improved image quality
2018-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cool - let me know if that makes any difference for you.
2018-2-6
Use props
frequent flyer 46
lvl.2
Italy

Jos A Posted at 2018-2-6 04:51
when shooting in 4k best settings is (due to too much noise) sharpness 0, above youtube shows settings before firmware upgrade to improve image quality.
Date : 2017.08.22 Firmware : v01.03.1000 DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.1.7 DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.1.5
What’s New?  Fixed an occasional issue where DNG files couldn’t be opened.  Fixed an occasional issue where the camera would restart automatically during recording.  Fixed an occasional issue where the gimbal would drift after self-checking.  Limited the max descend speed to 2 m/s and max ascend speed to 3 m/s in Propeller Cage mode.  Improved image quality

cheers m8 helpful
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Please tell me the version of your app and the firmware of your drone. I would recommend you try to fly in a sunny day and shoot a video. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules