Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Received three defective drones, support ignoring refund policy
1509 5 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cohaolain
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi,

Unfortunately I've been having a very upsetting experience with DJI over the past few months. After making a considerable investment in a Mavic Pro Platinum, I believed I would be happy with my purchase. However once I received my item it soon came to light that it had manufacturing defects (connectivity and flight data recorder).

It was returned for repair and I eventually received an exchange. The drone, once again, had manufacturing defects (gimbal and flight data recorder) which required another repair process to be undertaken. I received a second exchange from DJI 6 days ago. This third item also had manufacturing defects (gimbal and possibly compass/IMU).

Owing to the undue upset I've been caused as a result of this ordeal after spending such a huge amount of money, I decided two days ago that I would like to get a refund for my items. Having read the DJI Refund Policy, I ensured that I was eligible for this ( https://store.dji.com/help/return/policy ). My situation is explicitly stated under section 2.b:

2. Refund can be requested under one of the following conditions:
b. Product has been exchanged once but still has manufacturing defect.

Since my situation clearly falls under clause 2.b, it's obvious that I am eligible for a refund.
In my situation I am also entitled to a refund under Irish consumer law. There is a small claims legal process set up to deal with these types of requests should the seller not comply with the law, however I'd hope that DJI can themselves offer me the refund which they clearly state I am entitled to in their refund policy.

The undue stress caused by this situation, not to mention the annoyance of having to pay for almost 3 months of DJI Care Refresh while my drone has mostly been away for repairs has caused me to request this refund now.

I emailed support, however they are denying that the said clause in the refund policy even exists, and stating that I am not eligible for a refund. I would really appreciate if you could help sort this out as soon as possible, since according to the refund policy which was agreed to at the time of purchase I am clearly eligible for a refund in this exact scenario.

I really do hope to be able to work with DJI again in the future. Thank you for your help.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Cohaolain, that must have been frustrating you, we sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience with our products, may I have the previous case numbers? And what is the problem with this replacement? Did you send it in again?
2018-2-6
Use props
cohaolain
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-6 04:53
Cohaolain, that must have been frustrating you, we sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience with our products, may I have the previous case numbers? And what is the problem with this replacement? Did you send it in again?

Hi,

The first case was CAS-1272962-Z2T8B9, the second case was CAS-1401979-J8C3J8.

My current open ticket regarding a refund is #973128

This replacement has two issues. Mainly, the gimbal hits some part of the body with considerable force when the drone is turned on. It also exhibits some sort of forceful twist at the very end of gimbal initialisation. This wasn't present on my previous two replacements so I know that it is not normal behaviour. It is also damaging the body of the lens each time the gimbal hits the body of the drone.
A slow-motion video of the malfunction can be seen in the dropbox link below. Note this occurs even if the drone is on a completely flat surface or moved to a different area etc.
The gimbal hits the body in an abnormal way @ 00:42. The damage done to the lens body is more visible in person, but nonetheless can be made out in the attached photo. Also, the abnormal twisting is seen in the video @ 01:03. This malfunction was not present on the previous two units and is clearly the result of a manufacturing defect. Gimbal calibration does not remedy the problem. This malfunction is clearly causing damage to the body of the lens and continued use of the defective product would render further wear on the gimbal, and quite possibly the gimbal's motors as well. This is why I have been unwilling to fly the drone.
Here is the dropbox link with video of the malfunction, and damage being caused each time the drone is powered on by the malfunction:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nzd2f ... wkS2Hu2pgOztMa?dl=0

The drone also had issues during its first flight with a serious compass/yaw/IMU heading exception error which resulted in temporary switch to ATTI mode. Luckily the drone was close by at the time. After calibration of the IMU and compass this issue did not reoccur the next day. However this may be because I have only been able to test for a short period of time (a short flight the next day), fearing further damage as a result of the gimbal defect I detailed above.

I have not sent it in again yet, since I wish to get a full refund instead of a repair (in line with the refund policy which states that I can request a refund if an exchange is still defective, and I have had 2 exchanges which were both defective https://store.dji.com/help/return/policy ).
Therefore I've been unable to obtain a shipping label for the defective items to be returned for a refund.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

cohaolain Posted at 2018-2-6 05:29
Hi,

The first case was CAS-1272962-Z2T8B9, the second case was CAS-1401979-J8C3J8.

Hi cohaolain, thanks for the details, could you please help to check if the vibration absorbing board is mounted to all three of the hooks properly? The three anti-drop hooks are located at the front left, front right and the rear of the gimbal.
I will transfer your frustration to appropriate department to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon, thank you.
2018-2-6
Use props
cohaolain
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-6 22:23
Hi cohaolain, thanks for the details, could you please help to check if the vibration absorbing board is mounted to all three of the hooks properly? The three anti-drop hooks are located at the front left, front right and the rear of the gimbal.
I will transfer your frustration to appropriate department to follow up, we will have someone to contact you soon, thank you.

I've confirmed that everything is mounted properly and the problem persists. Thank you for your help. For your reference my ticket has just been escalated to case number CAS-1474107-K6W2B4.
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

cohaolain Posted at 2018-2-7 01:24
I've confirmed that everything is mounted properly and the problem persists. Thank you for your help. For your reference my ticket has just been escalated to case number CAS-1474107-K6W2B4.

Yes, that was created by me, I just saw our supervisor has reached out to you, hope the issue will get addressed soon.
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules