Compliments to DJI
2227 27 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

It has often been said that the majority of posts on here are questions about faults with software or hardware. i would like to change that.I took my Spark out for a fly around yesterday as there was a brief period of decent weather. Great fun, much more so than the Phantoms which of course are quite serious craft. But the icing on the cake was when I tried the pano function. So easy. Set up, press button, wait patiently and still, 21 images captured. Processing in Photoshop took around five minutes and I end up with a greta image of our beach.
Please count me as  very satisfied customer, despite the odd glitch now and then. At least the aircraft are in better shape than me.

Full Bay Pan.jpg
2018-2-6
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice...
2018-2-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

>>>It has often been said that the majority of posts on here are questions about faults with software or hardware. i would like to change that.<<<

That is a hell of a job, you signed up for!
Because this ONE post will not change the majority of posts, methinks

2018-2-6
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
United Kingdom

True, but its a start. I hope more chip in too.
I should also clarify that the image you see is the beach, i.e. the grass, we do not have sand like most will expect.
2018-2-6
Use props
Smolly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15712 ft

South Africa

Negative.
Never......
Lol
2018-2-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

embayweather Posted at 2018-2-6 06:28
True, but its a start. I hope more chip in too.
I should also clarify that the image you see is the beach, i.e. the grass, we do not have sand like most will expect.

Why  you wanna have sand beaches?
They are for sunny regions, not for the foggy ones!
2018-2-6
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Well being on the door step of the Lake District fog really isn't the problem. Rain is, lots of it. On average 1190 mm a year here. Occasionally we have some sunny days, and even warm ones too. But being exposed to teh west as you can see wind is my biggest problem. I know, I know. I have spoken to my doctor and he has given me some pills for it!
2018-2-6
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I thought I should prove that we do have sunshine. Whilst it snowed here today, I processed this image from yesterday's shoot. Looking towards the Lake District Fells.
2018-2-6
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
United Kingdom

embayweather Posted at 2018-2-6 07:26
I thought I should prove that we do have sunshine. Whilst it snowed here today, I processed this image from yesterday's shoot. Looking towards the Lake District Fells.

Just goes to show, things don't always work. Lets try again.

2018-2-6
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Very nice shot!
2018-2-6
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Why thank you so much. Its amazing what you can do with Aurora and Photoshop.
2018-2-6
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Glad to see a fellow happy spark owner
2018-2-6
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Great positive stuff,, well done..
2018-2-6
Use props
MaxBDS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 161437 ft
Italy

Yes, very nice photo!  It is normal that in the various forums we talk about faults on sw or hw but this is the main purpose. I think many of us are largely satisfied with DJI products. The forum also aims to improve these products and the continuous updates SW and FW are proof of this! Thanks DJI but thanks to all of us!

MaxBDS
2018-2-6
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
Spain

As a point of interest, I hope to visit the lakes this year. What are the flying rules there please? I've heard  you can still fly there.
2018-2-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice pano!
2018-2-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

embayweather Posted at 2018-2-6 07:27

[view_image]

This one is even better I think
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

[view_image]

Love this one, super clean and beautiful, thanks for your kind comment to our products, glad to know you enjoy it, we will keep going to make more products with good quality, thanks again.
2018-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very nice stills!
2018-2-7
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

[view_image]

VERY nice pic. I like this one a lot.
2018-2-7
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Flighty Posted at 2018-2-6 09:45
Great positive stuff,, well done..

Thank you for that it is appreciated.
2018-2-7
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bright Spark Posted at 2018-2-6 10:39
As a point of interest, I hope to visit the lakes this year. What are the flying rules there please? I've heard  you can still fly there.

The same rules apply all over the country, i.e. you must fly below 400ft and no more than 500m away. of course if you are going to sell your images the you will need a PfCO. However, being a National park there are many areas that you cannot fly from because they are spaces belonging to the National trust . They do not allow drones anywhere near their property. Also the fells (hills and mountains) are covered in farms, mostly sheep farms. You can find the sheep hundreds and thousands of feet up the fell side. Local farmers may not take kindly to "sheep worrying" so check before you fly.
However, there are many beautiful and secluded places where you will be able to fly, but you will need to get away from the tourist trail.
Oh, one more thing. The Lakes are used for low level flight training by the RAF, who will arrive very quickly, very low ,often below you if you are on a fellside, and without warning. On those occasions please wave to the pilot as they often wave back.
2018-2-7
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-6 10:46
This one is even better I think

Thank you Montfrooij, I would tend to agree. the pano was just to show me what I can do with the craft and I was more than pleasantly surprised.
2018-2-7
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-6 22:42
Love this one, super clean and beautiful, thanks for your kind comment to our products, glad to know you enjoy it, we will keep going to make more products with good quality, thanks again.

Thank you young lady for your kind words they really are appreciated, especially by a retired old soul like me.
2018-2-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

embayweather Posted at 2018-2-7 05:57
Thank you Montfrooij, I would tend to agree. the pano was just to show me what I can do with the craft and I was more than pleasantly surprised.

You're welcome.
Sometimes things just work out.
I just uploaded a picture I never would have thought I would use my Osmo Mobile for.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-133945-1-1.html

But it works great!
2018-2-7
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you kindly. Some may feel that I am getting a bit boring taking images locally a lot of the time. truth is, that there is so much weather, that the scene is always different whatever time of year it is.
2018-2-7
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bing Err Posted at 2018-2-7 04:46
VERY nice pic. I like this one a lot.

Thank you Bing Err, although I am afraid they are no where near as exciting as your avatar.
2018-2-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

embayweather Posted at 2018-2-7 06:00
Thank you kindly. Some may feel that I am getting a bit boring taking images locally a lot of the time. truth is, that there is so much weather, that the scene is always different whatever time of year it is.

Very true! Keep doing what you're doing!
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules