Mavic Pro Atti Mode
5909 16 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
USAirborne
lvl.2
Flight distance : 916283 ft
United States

Can anyone explain what atti mode is with the Mavic Pro?

Thank you.
2018-2-6
Use props
Oranges
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458356 ft
Malaysia

Atti mode means there's no GPS lock. This means the drone will not sit still in a spot and may drift sideways/forwards with wind or no wind at all (indoors)

However, if you're close to the ground, downward sensors will keep it in place. Be careful when in Atti mode especially for the Mavic, since u cant turn it on manually, It will switch to Atti mode when GPS signal is weak automatically.

If you're familiar with controlling the drone manually (compensating for any drifting), then u should have no issues

2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Palourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

"Atti Mode" means that the Mavic hasn't locked GPS. I don't recommend this mode for inexperienced users.

Make sure that your Mavic is an area clear of tall obstacles so that it can communicate with satellites.
2018-2-6
Use props
USAirborne
lvl.2
United States

DJI Palourde Posted at 2018-2-6 11:00
"Atti Mode" means that the Mavic hasn't locked GPS. We do not recommend this mode for inexperienced users.

Make sure that your Mavic is an area clear of tall obstacles so that it can communicate with satellites.

Ok, thank you
2018-2-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Atti mode on Mavic is automatic, it can switch to Atti if gps is to weak or there is a data conflict with compass for example, the aircraft will maintain its height but will drift on the wind, it is quite controllable but extremely tricky for those who have never flown in Atti mode.

It is very rare for Mavic to lose gps I have only seen a couple of cases around here, we have seen cases where craft goes undercover of trees bridges high rise buildings etc, or where weak gps on the ground immediately prior to take off.

You are much more likely to go into Atti mode as a result of magnetic interference with your compass than you are loosing gps.
2018-2-6
Use props
USAirborne
lvl.2
United States

Oranges Posted at 2018-2-6 10:57
Atti mode means there's no GPS lock. This means the drone will not sit still in a spot and may drift sideways/forwards with wind or no wind at all (indoors)

However, if you're close to the ground, downward sensors will keep it in place. Be careful when in Atti mode especially for the Mavic, since u cant turn it on manually, It will switch to Atti mode when GPS signal is weak automatically.

Thank you
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thanks for the explains from Oranges, DJI Palourde & hallmark007.
To learn more about ATTI Mode, you can check the description of the manual. Hope it helps.
2018-2-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unlike the bigger drones, the Mavic does not have an attitude mode switch - when auto selected due to no GPS or VPS lock  it will only use the internal barometer to gauge it's altitude and the flight will be more affected by external factors like wind speed. As advised, unless you are an experience drone/RC pilot it is best not to place the Mavic in areas with a low GPS signal and always take off with the homepoint recorded beforehand.  
2018-2-7
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-2-7 01:48
Unlike the bigger drones, the Mavic does not have an attitude mode switch - when auto selected due to no GPS or VPS lock  it will only use the internal barometer to gauge it's altitude and the flight will be more affected by external factors like wind speed. As advised, unless you are an experience drone/RC pilot it is best not to place the Mavic in areas with a low GPS signal and always take off with the homepoint recorded beforehand.

I wish some innovative droner with a 3D printer would devise a clip on GPS signal blocker infused with the right material for the Mavic's body top to trigger Atti mode, I have covered the top of the MP with 3 layers of heavy duty aluminum foil held on with blue painters tape to get it in Atti. I always fly my P3P & P4P in Atti mode at least for 1 battery everytime I am out flying just to keep proficient.
2018-2-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I remember seeing a post where someone put tin foil around the Mavic and that caused it to stay in ATTI mode - not something I’ve tried though.
2018-2-7
Use props
Trailblazer5715
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1821880 ft
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-2-7 02:06
I wish some innovative droner with a 3D printer would devise a clip on GPS signal blocker infused with the right material for the Mavic's body top to trigger Atti mode, I have covered the top of the MP with 3 layers of heavy duty aluminum foil held on with blue painters tape to get it in Atti. I always fly my P3P & P4P in Atti mode at least for 1 battery everytime I am out flying just to keep proficient.

ATTI mode is also a good way to check upper level winds.
2018-2-7
Use props
fans60055a4b
lvl.1
Canada

QuadKid Posted at 2018-2-7 02:06
I wish some innovative droner with a 3D printer would devise a clip on GPS signal blocker infused with the right material for the Mavic's body top to trigger Atti mode, I have covered the top of the MP with 3 layers of heavy duty aluminum foil held on with blue painters tape to get it in Atti. I always fly my P3P & P4P in Atti mode at least for 1 battery everytime I am out flying just to keep proficient.

Why on earth would you do that? Simply remap the mode button using DJI Assistant.
2019-7-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans60055a4b Posted at 7-22 06:35
Why on earth would you do that? Simply remap the mode button using DJI Assistant.

Hi, would be nice if you make a HowTo for your saying....screenshots, howto video ?

2019-7-22
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

JJB* Posted at 7-22 07:24
Hi, would be nice if you make a HowTo for your saying....screenshots, howto video ?

I believe he's referring to the hack that's been known for quite some time now. I'm reluctant to say more openly if only because I know DJI frowns upon this, but if you're really interested them IM me and I'll tell you where to look to find the information.
2019-7-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Gimpy Posted at 7-22 13:26
I believe he's referring to the hack that's been known for quite some time now. I'm reluctant to say more openly if only because I know DJI frowns upon this, but if you're really interested them IM me and I'll tell you where to look to find the information.

Hi Gimpy,

Not really interested, i know there is a hack on older DJI Assistant2 versions, not on the latetst (afaik)
The way i fly my drones, quitte happy and get enough range to shoot my video and pictures.

cheers
JJB
2019-7-22
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

JJB* Posted at 7-22 23:24
Hi Gimpy,

Not really interested, i know there is a hack on older DJI Assistant2 versions, not on the latetst (afaik)

Range? I'm not sure what you're talking about and perhaps you've gotten your threads mixed up, but this one is about ATTI mode on the Mavic Pro, and I was replying to your question about how to remap the mode switch to make that happen.
2019-7-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Gimpy Posted at 7-23 04:40
Range? I'm not sure what you're talking about and perhaps you've gotten your threads mixed up, but this one is about ATTI mode on the Mavic Pro, and I was replying to your question about how to remap the mode switch to make that happen.

yep; mixed up, had the hack to FCC in my mind.
2019-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules