P4pro fell out of sky into a river
476 4 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Searchnrescue
New

Ireland

Mallow Search and Rescue, a voluntary organisation purchased a P4pro with money that was donated to them and also purchased Dji Care Refresh in case of an accident.
The aircraft lost all power and fell out of the sky during a flight into a river from which it was not possible to retrieve it.
Dji have been contacted and asked us to upload the logs and they have confirmed what we told them.
Now they will not replace the aircraft because it could not be retrieved.
They told us that because the flight record ended without any abnormality they can not verify what happened afterwards and would not replace the aircraft.
The aircraft was flying at 24 meters when it switched off and stopped logging the flight, I would count this as an abnormality and as to not being able to verify what happened afterwards I am curious as to what normally happens when an aircraft switches off at 24 meters. I think with the laws of physics it would normally crash to the ground.
Very poor customer servuce.
Would you like us to put our lives at risk to dive and attempt to recover the aircraft?
2018-2-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sorry for your loss.

If you'd like, upload your log here and paste the link.  Somebody with experience will take a look.   There might be something there that DJI missed, but not likely.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-2-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Replacement of a product under warranty only happens if the product is found to be defective in manufacture, this is true all over the world. But if you cannot produce the product for examination by the manufacturer, and the logs you have end abruptly without showing any abnormality, then how can you expect a warranty replacement.
2018-2-6
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

If dji gave out replacement drones without having the faulty product to test then anyone with dji care could easily say i lost my drone its dji's fault and get a second drone for free.
Unfortunatly if you cant retrieve the drone your out of luck. If it were me id contact local dive club and see if one of there members could dive down to retrieve it for you.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Searchnrescue, we are deeply sorry for your loss, warranty service will be provided when there is any malfunction with the product in warranty period, appreciate your understanding. Could you please provide us the case number so that we can check more details for better support? Thank you.
2018-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules