Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First Mavic Air NYC Flight (Video)
1361 22 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I, sadly, took a bit of a hard landing later on that day that knocked out one of my bottom sensors but before I did, I was able to grab some shots that should carry me through the repair process.

It's in this format because I cropped it into an Instagram Story (@rookpsu).  Better with sound on.

Edit: Swapped in widescreen version
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We are sincerely sorry to hear the accident.
May I know if the sensor has been broken? If so, we recommend you to send it back to us to repair. For further help, you can click this link to contact our support team:https://www.dji.com/support.
Thanks for your support and understanding.
2018-2-6
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-2-6 22:13
Hi there. We are sincerely sorry to hear the accident.
May I know if the sensor has been broken? If so, we recommend you to send it back to us to repair. For further help, you can click this link to contact our support team:https://www.dji.com/support.
Thanks for your support and understanding.

I'm not sure if it's broken.  I'm trying to get confirmation on that.  Would it calibrate correctly if one of them was not functioning?  Should both lights be on?  

See post here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;fromuid=1454938
2018-2-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice footage though sorry to read about the crash - hope you get it fixed soon enough
2018-2-7
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
Canada

You probably knew this but your drone was in portrait mode. It's optimal when you're watching the video from a phone but it's bad for anything else like watching from a desktop.

Great shots and sorry for your crash.  Hope it doesn't cost you too much.
2018-2-7
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-7 09:08
You probably knew this but your drone was in portrait mode. It's optimal when you're watching the video from a phone but it's bad for anything else like watching from a desktop.

Yea, agreed, definitely better in landscape but as I mentioned above, I just had it in portrait because I published it as an Instagram story.  

Thanks, it's looking like my only damage *might* be a busted rubber foot on the bottom and a few scratches.  Fingers crossed though.
2018-2-7
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

rookpsu12 Posted at 2018-2-7 09:13
Yea, agreed, definitely better in landscape but as I mentioned above, I just had it in portrait because I published it as an Instagram story.  

Thanks, it's looking like my only damage *might* be a busted rubber foot on the bottom and a few scratches.  Fingers crossed though.

Oh sorry. I didn't read the sentence correctly.

Are you sending your drone to DJI? I know I wouldn't do it.
2018-2-7
Use props
Tweak88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 176096 ft
United States

Cool video! Been researching NY state drone laws for a trip im taking in April to Buffalo. Any regulations that you know of that are unique to NY?
2018-2-7
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-7 09:29
Oh sorry. I didn't read the sentence correctly.

I have Care Refresh, but it's obviously the last thing I want to do if I don't have to - especially considering my CR is purchased in HK (since I'm moving there in two months) and so would have to be shipped there.
2018-2-7
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Tweak88 Posted at 2018-2-7 09:47
Cool video! Been researching NY state drone laws for a trip im taking in April to Buffalo. Any regulations that you know of that are unique to NY?

No, can't say I do.
2018-2-7
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

Let me make a comment that has nothing to do with OP's post and then ask a question that I can easily answer with the internet.

Oh I should also ask a "Cool video!" just to make it seem like I even read the original post. Yep I'll look like I care even though I don't isn't that great?

http://bfy.tw/GTcS

2018-2-7
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

rookpsu12 Posted at 2018-2-7 09:49
I have Care Refresh, but it's obviously the last thing I want to do if I don't have to - especially considering my CR is purchased in HK (since I'm moving there in two months) and so would have to be shipped there.

If you have Care Refresh then I suggest you send it back for repair. Better safe than sorry.
2018-2-7
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Yea, I'm still waiting to hear back from DJI on how to initiate a HK CR request from NYC.  
2018-2-7
Use props
Tweak88
lvl.4
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-7 10:07
Let me make a comment that has nothing to do with OP's post and then ask a question that I can easily answer with the internet.

Oh I should also ask a "Cool video!" just to make it seem like I even read the original post. Yep I'll look like I care even though I don't isn't that great?

I hope he sends you a thank you card for baby sitting his post for him.

I was asking a local resident since I mentioned i already had done some research but thought since he recently posted this video perhaps he had encountered some possible tips for people visiting the area that maybe they have over looked during regulation research. I'm sure this highly inconvenienced him but luckily it provider you the opportunity to show your superiority.
2018-2-7
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Canada

Tweak88 Posted at 2018-2-7 15:00
I hope he sends you a thank you card for baby sitting his post for him.

I was asking a local resident since I mentioned i already had done some research but thought since he recently posted this video perhaps he had encountered some possible tips for people visiting the area that maybe they have over looked during regulation research. I'm sure this highly inconvenienced him but luckily it provider you the opportunity to show your superiority.

Cool comment! Do you know if Mavic Air has Course Lock mode?
2018-2-7
Use props
Tweak88
lvl.4
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-7 15:10
Cool comment! Do you know if Mavic Air has Course Lock mode?

Glad to help!
2018-2-7
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

MiniPalourde Posted at 2018-2-7 09:08

FWIW, swapped in widescreen version.  Optimal indeed.
2018-2-8
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

Just don't go to Manhattan to fly.
2018-2-8
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

If you want shots of NYC go to Hoboken on the piers and fly over the Hudson, it is a beautiful view and 100% legal.
2018-2-8
Use props
Altech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 808091 ft
Australia

Hi,  Nice Video, but at the end " it says Shot with Mariv Pro".  Your ending saying Mavic Air ?    cheers Alex
2018-2-8
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Altech Posted at 2018-2-8 15:56
Hi,  Nice Video, but at the end " it says Shot with Mariv Pro".  Your ending saying Mavic Air ?    cheers Alex

[head smack]

Yes. Updated. Thanks.
2018-2-8
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

eman_vg Posted at 2018-2-8 15:50
If you want shots of NYC go to Hoboken on the piers and fly over the Hudson, it is a beautiful view and 100% legal.

Such a great idea.  Lived there for a year and didn't even think of it.   Thanks.
2018-2-8
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

rookpsu12 Posted at 2018-2-8 16:13
Such a great idea.  Lived there for a year and didn't even think of it.   Thanks.

No problem!! I figured that out when I went to NYC during Thanksgiving. Beware of the glare of the water, and touring choppers, otherwise it is a great place to fly!
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules