Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Please Help! Needed support Assistance
1261 16 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
razor1234
New
Canada

I've experienced atrocious support by DJI these past months. Who can I speak to other that somone on the North American Tel. Line?

Since first purchasing my Mavic Pro almost a year ago it experienced ghostly flights. At meters above the ground it would read Max Flight hight, and almost always take a "ghostly" control over itself and start flying on its own. Not only would video feed, but the unit would fully disconnect from the controller. Eventually the unit crashed, destroying the gimbal, blades, body and legs. (I have the last video taken while disconnect)

This started my customer support journey. I first attempted to contact DJI via email and realised they only provided automated responses requesting it be sent to California. After a period of time a physical DJI store opened in Toronto, Canada. I traveled across Toronto and brought the drone in for the employee to review the flight records. After review he determained the GPS was VERY BADLY malfunctioning. He supplied me with the correct phone number, told me to explain what happened and that the fligh records neded to be reviewed. I contact DJI California and I finally figured out how to create my case.

DJI sent me a shipping tag, I filled out all of their forms, purchased shipping materials and managed to sent off the drone. Within days they sent me an invoice for $596.33 reply saying "[size=12.800000190734863px]Dear Customer, Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by [size=12.800000190734863px]DJI[size=12.800000190734863px] aftersales policy. Damage not caused by product malfunction."

Then they sent me a warning saying they were going to ship the drone back to me and I called immediately. I talked to an individual for over an hour whom supplied me with no imformation. He could not tell me what was wrong with the drone or why it crashed. Finally at the end of the call he suggested to open a dispute. I requested the dispute and for the flight records to be checked.

Next I received another email from DJI which was another invoice. This one stated "Non-warranty per data analysis: No flight logs provided". 6 Days later with NO WARNING I receive a shipping label in my inbox and an email saying the drone has "Been flight tested and will be shipped". Now furious I phoned DJI for the 3rd hour long call. This employee after walking around answers for an hour, told me that the drone was shipped back and not fixed because I did not provide them with my flight logs. The last person I talked to said that they would be checking them in my dispute case? Could they not plug the drone in an aquire the flight logs? Plug the controller in? I physically watched a DJI employee in Canada do so?

I receive my broken drone back tomorrow. Now I'm going to have to go back to the physical DJI store across town that I initially went to, aquire my flight logs, create a new case, send the drone and flight logs back to LA in USA, and go through this entire proccess again.

Someone please help me understand this logic? All I want is for DJI to acknowledge that the GPS/Firmware malfunctioned and to repair the device.

[size=12.800000190734863px]

2018-2-6
Use props
Ebeard4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2619780 ft
United States

Razor, So sorry to hear about this. This is definitely the place to get the problem solved. They ought to have been able to look up flight logs through your account, so I’m not sure what the deal is. A moderator should reply to you very shortly and ask for you to upload your logs. They’ll send a link in which to do so. I just sent my MP in last Saturday for DJI Care refresh and received it this afternoon. New aircraft and remote. They are typically good with customer service here online. Hope it gets resolved.
2018-2-6
Use props
razor1234
New
Canada

Ebeard4 Posted at 2018-2-6 14:31
Razor, So sorry to hear about this. This is definitely the place to get the problem solved. They ought to have been able to look up flight logs through your account, so I’m not sure what the deal is. A moderator should reply to you very shortly and ask for you to upload your logs. They’ll send a link in which to do so. I just sent my MP in last Saturday for DJI Care refresh and received it this afternoon. New aircraft and remote. They are typically good with customer service here online. Hope it gets resolved.

Thanks Ebeard.

Is there a way to contact them online directly? Unfortunetly my process has been quite the opposite.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Razor, we are so sorry to read on your unfortunate experience with our customer service, may I have the case number so that I can check more details about what happened to the previous case for further support? Thank you.
2018-2-6
Use props
razor1234
New
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-6 18:22
Hi Razor, we are so sorry to read on your unfortunate experience with our customer service,  may I have the case number so that I can check more details about what happened to the previous case for further support? Thank you.

Thank you Mindy, my case number is CAS-1272644-C2R6W1. I just got off the phone hours ago with support and received my drone back from the LA facility. Currently working on downloading flight logs. As I mentioned for some forseen reason the DJI facility was unable to view them.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

razor1234 Posted at 2018-2-6 18:27
Thank you Mindy, my case number is CAS-1272644-C2R6W1. I just got off the phone hours ago with support and received my drone back from the LA facility. Currently working on downloading flight logs. As I mentioned for some forseen reason the DJI facility was unable to view them.

Thanks for the quick update, per the case, DJI Go 4 APP seems to have been deleted by yourself, is that right? Do you still have the flight records in APP? Besides, the aircraft was unable to connect to DJI Assistant 2, thus, there is no flight log can be exported for analysis.
The payment was rejected on 1st, February and then the device was shipped back, did you ever contact our support to refuse the payment and ask for shipping back without repair? Thanks for your clarification.
2018-2-6
Use props
razor1234
New
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-6 19:20
Thanks for the quick update, per the case, DJI Go 4 APP seems to have been deleted by yourself, is that right? Do you still have the flight records in APP? Besides, the aircraft was unable to connect to DJI Assistant 2, thus, there is no flight log can be exported for analysis.
The payment was rejected on 1st, February and then the device was shipped back, did you ever contact our support to refuse the payment and ask for shipping back without repair? Thanks for your clarification.

A new phone was the reasoning for loosing DJI Go 4 APP. As previously stated a DJI employee in Toronto, CAN, effortlessly connected to the drone and review edthe flight logs (Determaining it to be faulty).

My last contact with DJI before it got shipped back was when I filed a dispute after receiving the first repair invoice. At this time the DJI employee guarenteed the unit would not be shipped back until things were resolved. I did not refuse payment and ask for the drone to be shipped back on Feb 1st.

I am currently attempting to retreive flight logs via google drive connected to backup data on the previous phone used while flying.
2018-2-6
Use props
razor1234
New
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-6 19:20
The payment was rejected on 1st, February and then the device was shipped back, did you ever contact our support to refuse the payment and ask for shipping back without repair? Thanks for your clarification.

Attached are faulty flight logs.

2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

razor1234 Posted at 2018-2-6 19:46
A new phone was the reasoning for loosing DJI Go 4 APP. As previously stated a DJI employee in Toronto, CAN, effortlessly connected to the drone and review edthe flight logs (Determaining it to be faulty).

My last contact with DJI before it got shipped back was when I filed a dispute after receiving the first repair invoice. At this time the DJI employee guarenteed the unit would not be shipped back until things were resolved. I did not refuse payment and ask for the drone to be shipped back on Feb 1st.

I have escalated your case to our support team to check what happened and why the drone was shipped back, we will have someone to contact you after investigation, appreciate your patience.
2018-2-6
Use props
fansf66c4f70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2316 ft
United States

Hi, not sure why my drone and my controller cant connect to the dji assistant 2? I have requested a repair and will be shipping the drone and controller out to get them look at.
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

razor1234 Posted at 2018-2-6 21:02
Attached are faulty flight logs.

I'm sorry that I didn't see any attachment, could you please post the link of Google Driver here again? Thank you.
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansf66c4f70 Posted at 2018-2-7 00:22
Hi, not sure why my drone and my controller cant connect to the dji assistant 2? I have requested a repair and will be shipping the drone and controller out to get them look at.

May I know the model of your drone? Did you install the latest DJI Assistant 2? Have you tried another computer?
2018-2-7
Use props
razor1234
New
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-7 02:11
I'm sorry that I didn't see any attachment, could you please post the link of Google Driver here again? Thank you.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/JRQAFKYWE2J0EAINZZ7F/

https://drive.google.com/drive/u ... EOX1DwkqIn1hbe3KFUT

2018-2-7
Use props
fansf66c4f70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2316 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-7 02:13
May I know the model of your drone? Did you install the latest DJI Assistant 2? Have you tried another computer?

Hi, my model is the mavic air and yes i installed using the latest DJI Assistant 2. My Macbook will now not read the USB connected to the controller or drone.
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

razor1234 Posted at 2018-2-7 05:21
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/JRQAFKYWE2J0EAINZZ7F/

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1JRKA6E6RltQJuEOX1DwkqIn1hbe3KFUT

Hi Razor, I have applied for permission in Google Drive, could you please accept my application so that I can download? Thank you.
2018-2-7
Use props
fansc1f7ed95
New
Flight distance : 2638 ft
Puerto Rico

Hello, I have a problem with the image of my mavic pro.I'm new I just opened it and I get a black spot in all the images. They know what it can be.
Screenshot_20180208-181559.jpg
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansc1f7ed95 Posted at 2018-2-8 15:33
Hello, I have a problem with the image of my mavic pro.I'm new I just opened it and I get a black spot in all the images. They know what it can be.

Hi there, please check if the issue happens in the original pictures or videos on the SD card. If yes, please help to check if the camera is dusty. Send the drone in for a further check if the drone looks in good condition. Please contact our support for a further help. http://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules