DJI Mavic Pro 2, Phantom 5: Rumors, Thoughts, & Predicament.
13426 16 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

I also try to think ahead:
I was psyched when the Mavic Air got announced. I own a Phantom 4 and a Spark (which I have sold but haven't shipped) but I wanted something portable that can shoot great images. I decided to sell the Spark because I was intrigued by the Air. I liked its portablity and its camera capablities. And when you throw on the new features like APAS and all the new camera modes it gets even better!! But that feeling of happiness towards the Air is fading away because of the new future line.

What I am wondering today is:

I have heard of the new drones in production for DJI set for March ( Mavic 2, Phantom 5, and maybe even a fixed wing) from DroneU and numerous other sources. I am intrigued in these as much as the Mavic Air. I would like a drone that has all the technical abilities of a P4P, camera ablities of a P4P and the Air mixed together, and optical zoom. And I am hearing that the P5 may have an optical zoom with an improved camera over the P4P, but no new physical features. The Mavic Pro 2 is rumored to be a step up from Mavic Pro: it may feature 5 way obsticle avoidence sensors with APAS, a redisigned camera that may be even better then the Air, and it will have stronger signal. It may also look sleeker, like a larger version of the Air, with glossy colors as well. It could be lighter, and faster, and it too may feature optical zoom. And of course, the rumor of DJI developing a fixed winged drone aircraft is developing. Yuneec (DJI's Chinese drone competitor (not competitor, they are nowhere near as big as DJI, but are trying to compete)) is releasing a fixed winged craft ( called Freebird) that they announced at CES 2018. DJI has been rumored to be developing a fixed winged craft that has VTOL (vertical take off and landing) similar to the V22 osprey. It would obviously have GPS features and most features DJI's drones have. Not many details have been leaked on these rumors, but if the P5 is announced, it is likely to feature optical zoom like the Inspire series. The rumored date for this announcement is to be around March of this year.

Let me know your thoughts on this, and please help me in figuring out whether to save $1000 for later this year instead of buying the Mavic Air.

2018-2-6
Use props
goshigoo
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Very easy, continue to shoot with your P4  just wait for another month and see if there is any news about MP2  that's what I am doing
2018-2-6
Use props
goshigoo
lvl.1

Hong Kong

all features from MA, longer flight time, better range, 1" sensor, more quiet, thats probabaly about it
if you think you want the above features over MA, then you have to wait

but it could be more expensive than the original MP

I don't think there is optical zoom, I think P5 will have it (or dual cameras)

2018-2-6
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

goshigoo Posted at 2018-2-6 18:58
all features from MA, longer flight time, better range, 1" sensor, more quiet, thats probabaly about it
if you think you want the above features over MA, then you have to wait

Thanks for the input. I'll wait a month for that drone, and if I want it I'll get it and forget about MA. IF not I'll get the MA.
2018-2-7
Use props
djiuser_r4BvQ0sIlrQw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141877 ft
Vietnam

My dream drone:
* reception as good as the Mavic Pro.
* 1" sensor camera or better, with some kind of zoom.
* sensors on all sides (I crashed my Spark moving sideways into a tree)
* longer battery life (hopefully 30 minutes of actually flying time or more)
* All the new features of the Mavic Air.
* some sort of water resistant
* and all in a body the size of a Mavic Air (I know this is pushing it, because it will make the new MA obsolete, but I can dream)
2018-2-12
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_r4BvQ0sIlrQw Posted at 2018-2-12 20:08
My dream drone:
* reception as good as the Mavic Pro.
* 1" sensor camera or better, with some kind of zoom.

That would make the perfect drone, but companies never make their products perfect. They make it less than so that they can sell more of their next gen product.

I would love to have a drone with all those features! That would be epic!
2018-2-16
Use props
lifedownunder
lvl.2
Australia

The theory here in this video is that will be out within the next 3 months, and with some decent upgrades...

But honestly, if you wait, then by the time that next one is out, what's to stop you from waiting again till the next one, and then again and again and again and again...
Just get what you want now.

2018-2-19
Use props
JordanM
lvl.4
United States

2018-2-22
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

JordanM Posted at 2018-2-22 16:50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhPyS_gaW2Q

Another useless YouTube video looking for clicks. You offer nothing new but just repeat the same old rumors.
2018-2-22
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

eyecapture Posted at 2018-2-22 18:06
Another useless YouTube video looking for clicks. You offer nothing new but just repeat the same old rumors.

IDK if any of these leaks prove to be true. I will have to wait for my Mavic Pro 2. I really want to get it when it comes out, whenever it comes out.
2018-2-26
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

lifedownunder Posted at 2018-2-19 19:39
The theory here in this video is that will be out within the next 3 months, and with some decent upgrades...

But honestly, if you wait, then by the time that next one is out, what's to stop you from waiting again till the next one, and then again and again and again and again...

I'll wait for at least summer to come around in case the Pro 2 comes out, otherwise I'll get the Air.
2018-2-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Put a small version of the P4P camera on a drone similar to the MPP with OcuSync and I'm in!
2018-2-26
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-2-26 15:39
Put a small version of the P4P camera on a drone similar to the MPP with OcuSync and I'm in!

You thinking they can fit a 1in sensor into the MP2 camera? How long do you think will the battery be?
2018-2-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you think they could make a drone that folds up into the size of a water bottle and flies for over 20 minutes, 4+ miles away at 40MPH whilst recording 4K through a lens the size of a thumb nail then simulate a fixed wing aircraft on its way back. I would of laughed in your face if you said that to me 2 years ago but as they say, he who laughs last... yes, I think they can and get a 30 minute flight time!
2018-2-26
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-2-26 23:14
Did you think they could make a drone that folds up into the size of a water bottle and flies for over 20 minutes, 4+ miles away at 40MPH whilst recording 4K through a lens the size of a thumb nail then simulate a fixed wing aircraft on its way back. I would of laughed in your face if you said that to me 2 years ago but as they say, he who laughs last... yes, I think they can and get a 30 minute flight time!

So true my friend, so true. That drone Casey Neistat reviewed today was amazing with the obstacle avoidance software. I would love if DJI adapted to that software!
2018-2-27
Use props
JordanM
lvl.4
United States

I will be giving a DJI Mavic Pro II away after it is released. Just subscribe to my channel:
2018-3-5
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
United States

goshigoo Posted at 2018-2-6 18:55
Very easy, continue to shoot with your P4  just wait for another month and see if there is any news about MP2  that's what I am doing

welp, no MP2. I wonder if it ever will be a thing?
2018-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules