My drone crashed and is ruined
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdc5b24be
lvl.1
Flight distance : 424892 ft
Cyprus

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/8FKE48S03QD43XCRON1I/

Can someone tell me if it's worth making a claim please?

Cheers.
2018-2-6
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

sorry to hear that .... hopefully the experts will be in to advise... btw..still under warranty or?

But for what i saw...it seems to have the compass error once u took off... and you keep on flying off or totally out of control?

2018-2-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Takeoff from steel or reinforced concrete surface?
2018-2-7
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

It looks like you had a constant compass error during the whole flight.  When was the last time it was calibrated?  It is possible you took off from a highly magnetic area near iron and once it was clear of interference it registered a constantly upset compass reading.  You probably should have landed immediately and investigated and addressed the problem.

I notice you took off with the battery showing 67%, and the voltage per cell quickly drops over a few seconds from 3.9 to 3.4 volts, merely from a brief ascent.    This looks like you were using a previously used battery and did not charge it fully before flight, which is a no-no.  Re-using partially used batteries results in unreliably estimated battery capacity, and may result in unexpected shutdowns.

It was flown for about a minute with the battery cells dipping into low levels of around 3.2V.  It then went into GoHome mode.   The aircraft lost telemetry after about 6 seconds, and resumed about 30 seconds later.  It indicated it was in Autolanding mode, presumably from being in loss of contact with the controller.  The roll value indicates the aircraft was upside-down.  There was no GPS signal (expected when the GPS receiver in the top centre of the frame is obscured from the sky whilst upside down).  The last location recorded by the GPS was 34.91060865, 33.63725869.  I assume it crashed and was recovered here?  It is unclear from your post.  It appears you did a CSC to turn it off after recovery at around 2 minutes.   The data indicates you were at an altitude of 2000 - 3000 ft below your takeoff point, which is incorrect, and may have been influenced by your constant compass errors.

If it's still under warranty, you could ask DJI to take a look at your flight record for you, I don't know if they can make anything more out of it.   I'm not sure what sort of claim you want to make.  What happened that you didn't expect or can't explain?  A better description in the original post would help determine what you need help with or are uncertain about.
2018-2-7
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

You had a compass error start at 5.2 feet from the ground yet you continued to fly?
You then recieved a yaw error in cinjuction to the compass error and still continued to fly?
Im sorry for your loss but this very much seems like pilot error i very much doubt dji will cover under warranty.
As lab as queried did you take if from concrete or steel surface?
2018-2-7
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Doomed from the beginning.  Heed the warnings.
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm so sorry to read the accident. If the drone is still in the warranty period, please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support Data analysis will be helpful to find out the reason. The local team will take care once the unit arrived.
2018-2-7
Use props
ChristoCY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 424892 ft
Cyprus

Hi guys, sorry for the late response and thanks for all your input. Here's what I can tell you. I did an IMU calibration the day before as I hadn't used my drone for a while and thought it was the right thing to do. That morning I did a 5 min flight a couple of km's from where I crashed, I performed a compass calibration there. We moved to where I made my final flight. I took off from a pad on a sandy beach for what was supposed to be a 1 min flight, hence why I didn't change batteries and also why I can't understand where the compass error came from. I started up, got the green light and the updated home point and took off just a few feet up when the compass error started, the drone started drifting, before I realized it was 20ft away from me and heading for a wall, instinctively I tried to fly above it, at this point I got the warning that I was disconnected, the drone turned and headed towards a tall tree which it hit, as well as hitting every branch on the way down!
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules