WHO IS HAVING BATTERY PROBLEMS???
2387 28 2015-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Hey guys, I have been doing a lot of reading on the forum, and I am starting to notice some people with battery problems... i.e. Battery will drop from 36% to 8% in about a second....I haven't experienced this (knock on wood)...But if you are having any issues with your battery, please post them here so that we can all see and possibly come up with a solution
2015-4-28
Use props
jorukavi1
lvl.2
Croatia

30-28% to 7% after firmware upgrade
happen to me on 2x tb48, 2x tb47

Batteries  were around 55% (self discharging )
2015-4-28
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

jorukavi1 Posted at 2015-4-29 15:07
30-28% to 7% after firmware upgrade
happen to me on 2x tb48, 2x tb47

Did you start the flight from 100% on those batteries or did you only use up half of the percentage, land, and then take off again?
2015-4-28
Use props
prbyram
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1496906 ft
United Kingdom

mountmotor Posted at 2015-4-29 15:13
Did you start the flight from 100% on those batteries or did you only use up half of the percentag ...

I hade a similar occurrence.
Started with a battery at 66%. It hadn't been charged for a while and I was using it for a short flight to test the RTH function after a firmware upgrade to 1.2.1.0.
It dropped from 38% to 8%.
Not had a chance to investigate further but will look closely at individual cells next time.
2015-4-29
Use props
bvh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2669265 ft
United States

I have only had one battery discharge rapidly in such a fashion - it was during a flight at 5 degrees F and just happened to be my first flight this past February.  Otherwise, I have not seen this problem since.
2015-4-29
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Never had a problem with mine.  Just making sure the discussion is balanced so it doesn't look like a massive proportion of owners are having battery problems.
2015-4-30
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

Me neither
2015-4-30
Use props
doctrrf
lvl.3

United States

Just an FYI: The firmware plays an aggressive role in battery management and may not report the actual % charge as in the following case:

New out of the box, (FW 1.2.0.16/ battery FW3.0.3) the first time I powered on my I1, still sitting on the ground, the displayed battery % charge dropped to ZERO, the battery/bird did not shut down, everything else seemed normal good GPS signal etc. (I don’t remember the displayed % charge before that but, the battery was at or very close to 100%) followed by a warning to fully charge the battery before its first use. I put battery back on the charger, it only took another 5 minutes for the charger to complete the charge cycle, assumed equalizing the cells at that point.

No problems since
2015-4-30
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

My packs are perfect, very happy with them -

Bob Marley
2015-4-30
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

No problems with batteries here.

Edit: I should add that I never initiate a flight unless the battery is fully charged.  It looks as though a large percentage of these incidents involve starting out with a battery that has either partially discharged due to storage or due to a prior flight.

2015-4-30
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Hmmmmmmmm very interesting -

Bob
2015-4-30
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

'No problems with batteries here.
Edit: I should add that I never initiate a flight unless the battery is fully charged.'

Like wise.
2015-5-3
Use props
chr.zuercher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24216 ft
Switzerland

Last Thursday I also had a Battery Drop from 43% to 15% and lost my Phantom 2 with all the Goodies installed. I had no chance get back Control and so the P2 landed somewhere and couldn't be found anymore. I ordered a Vision Plus V3 to search for the lost Drone but without Success. What I observed is that none of my Batteries will ever get more than 93% when installed onto the P2 and Flight Time drops very fast from ~20 Minutes to ~15 Minutes. To prevent another Drone Loss I ordered a GPS-Tracker, so I will get it back when it doesn't get back to the Homepoint. Climbing Trees included! Now I feel very sad about my Loss....
2015-5-11
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

I stopped flying on partially charged batteries and the voltage drop off problem has gone away for me. I had the problem with two batteries, I have 3, these two batteries now have a "Battery Life" of 92% & 90% the third battery which has never had the problem but has been charged and used the same as the other two has a "Battery Life" of 100%. My opinion is: Flying on partially charged batteries causes the problem and it reduces the battery life to use it when not fully charged, so I don't do anymore.
2015-5-11
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Same here Gents: Not an single issue as of late via the updates  a few batts I updated where at 50% or less via the power indicator.

Had only one foul battery and sniffed it out flight testing each battery and sent it back for replacement months ago .
Helps to number each battery and keep a log book makes it easier with 7 batts.
Deep down we all know these batterys are the birds weakest links so caution is advised in any form.
2015-5-11
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

After 10 cycles. Dead. Total. Perfectly conditioned up to that point. DJI came correct and is replacing it
2015-5-11
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
Canada

No issue yet with two batteries.
2015-5-11
Use props
kirk.pleasant
lvl.2

Qatar

vonbaron1 Posted at 2015-5-12 08:09
No issue yet with two batteries.

2 TB48s each with a bad cell. And no way presently to get them to a DJI dealer to have them replaced.
2015-5-11
Use props
pb05life
lvl.2

United States

I am having this issue, right after the firmware update it started, I always start with a full battery and all seems good until i get to 25% then it drops to 5% in seconds. barely enough time to get it to the ground. Does the same thing with all 3 batteries.

Is there any know fix yet?
2015-5-14
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

pb05life@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-15 08:41
I am having this issue, right after the firmware update it started, I always start with a full batte ...

I have learned that you must fly on a 100% fully charged battery....Do not stop a flight, and continue on the same battery, otherwise this failure can occur.
2015-5-14
Use props
miketeel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184567 ft
  • >>>
United States

No issues with batteries. Flying with 4 of them. I often take off a 2nd time after batteries are around 50%.
2015-5-14
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

miketeel Posted at 2015-5-15 09:49
No issues with batteries. Flying with 4 of them. I often take off a 2nd time after batteries are aro ...

That is so risky haha...I'm too scared to do that
2015-5-14
Use props
miketeel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184567 ft
  • >>>
United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-5-15 09:58
That is so risky haha...I'm too scared to do that

I check them before each flight to determine that every cell is evenly discharged and regularly check the charging logs for repeating errors.
2015-5-14
Use props
RickyD15
lvl.1

United States

Im having a problem, my app is not showing battery percentage or level.
2015-5-28
Use props
Hooks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 226450 ft
Canada

RickyD15 Posted at 2015-5-29 04:56
Im having a problem, my app is not showing battery percentage or level.

Is the red banner at the top in the app saying battery connection error? or is it still "good to go" green
2015-5-28
Use props
RickyD15
lvl.1

United States

Hooks Posted at 2015-5-29 08:48
Is the red banner at the top in the app saying battery connection error? or is it still "good to g ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkj5a60pampa208/IMG_2835.jpg?dl=0

see top of screen and top right
2015-6-15
Use props
InspireAggie
lvl.4

United States

Don't know if it's battery related but TB48 9 minutes into a flight @ 55% caused battery error.  I landed immediately and it went to 0%.  Next error was battery connection to main board and smoke.  Tanked the inspire.  Who knows what the cause was.
2015-6-15
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

I took on a policy of only flying with 100% batteries and not landing/taking off within a battery cycle.    I have three batteries and they all work perfectly.
2015-6-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also check the capacity of the battery.  It should be equal to the stated the stated capacity of the battery.  If not and the capacity is lower by 5% or more, I would discharge the battery to 3.35-3.45v/cell and then recharge.  You will be below 0%, or at least I was.  Put the battery back into the craft and check the capacity if correct you are done, if not I would repeat the process.
2015-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules