Disconnection issue
972 19 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Prsmeds
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3711 ft
United States

I was flying my spark at the mall the other day, and it kept on disconnecting and it would say to turn off other bluetooth devices around me, and I turned mine off, so i'm pretty sure it is because of all the people at the mall that have bluetooth on their phone. Is there anyway to get past this bc I would like to be able to fly it in cities and place where there are a lot of people...
2018-2-7
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

Place it down on the mall parking lot and drive over it a couple of times as you are clearly too stupid to own one.
2018-2-7
Use props
Prsmeds
lvl.2
United States

Vulcan-XH558 Posted at 2018-2-7 09:24
Place it down on the mall parking lot and drive over it a couple of times as you are clearly too stupid to own one.

wow, aren't you helpful
2018-2-7
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

you would have to maintain sufficient distance from those other BT sources, either be elevation or horizontal distance - BT doesn't carry very far from its source.
2018-2-7
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

My idea would be a ...wait for it .....  otg-cable.

Always worth a try.
2018-2-7
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Vulcan-XH558 Posted at 2018-2-7 09:24
Place it down on the mall parking lot and drive over it a couple of times as you are clearly too stupid to own one.

Harsh,... but accurate.  Like a father whose family uses a mall and just found out someone wants to fly model aircraft over and around them.  
2018-2-7
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

I was harsh.  Perhaps not the best way to get my point across.

It frustrates me knowing that despite the recent event at McCarron, people are still unaware that there are rules and regulations drone pilots need to stand by.
FFS there's another thread where the poster wants to attach a gun to his drone!
o O (are these people at the wind up, anti-drone lobbyists etc?)

PLEASE, for goodness sake, please visit this site before you take your drone out again: https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started

I'm going to go out on a limb here and hazard a guess that you haven't read the manual either?

I do not like where this hobby is going.
2018-2-7
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

Sometimes being harsh is the only way to enlighten people to what they are doing wrong.
2018-2-7
Use props
Prsmeds
lvl.2
United States

Vulcan-XH558 Posted at 2018-2-7 11:30
I was harsh.  Perhaps not the best way to get my point across.

It frustrates me knowing that despite the recent event at McCarron, people are still unaware that there are rules and regulations drone pilots need to stand by.

I'm just a 14 year old who saved up 700 dollars to get this drone, with no guidance at all...
2018-2-7
Use props
Prsmeds
lvl.2
United States

Grmachine Posted at 2018-2-7 11:34
Sometimes being harsh is the only way to enlighten people to what they are doing wrong.

I'm not talking about flying around the mall necessarily, I'm talking about just flying it in places where there are a lot of people with bluetooth on their phones, so please take your minds off of making fun of my question and actually answer the question and keep your opinions to yourselves, thank you.
2018-2-7
Use props
Prsmeds
lvl.2
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-2-7 10:31
My idea would be a ...wait for it .....  otg-cable.

Always worth a try.

ok, thanks for actually answering the question, unlike anyone else here
2018-2-7
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

Prsmeds Posted at 2018-2-7 12:52
I'm just a 14 year old who saved up 700 dollars to get this drone, with no guidance at all...

Well, good job saving for something you want, your next step is to learn the rules for operating your drone.
Despite its size Spark is not a toy class drone, it is subject to the rules and regulations set by the FAA if you are in the US, or the appropriate regulatory system for whatever country you might be flying in.
Violation of these rules can lead to hefty fines, and also validates the people who oppose our hobby.
Read your manuals, learn the rules for safe and legal operation. Do some research, there are literally hundreds of getting started videos. Fly smart, fly safe!
2018-2-7
Use props
Prsmeds
lvl.2
United States

Grmachine Posted at 2018-2-7 13:11
Well, good job saving for something you want, your next step is to learn the rules for operating your drone.
Despite its size Spark is not a toy class drone, it is subject to the rules and regulations set by the FAA if you are in the US, or the appropriate regulatory system for whatever country you might be flying in.
Violation of these rules can lead to hefty fines, and also validates the people who oppose our hobby.

ok, thank you for the help, I didn't know I'm not allowed to fly around malls and I'm sorry. Do you have any tips for the disconnection issue though?
2018-2-7
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Grmachine Posted at 2018-2-7 13:11

Good advice and a good post.
2018-2-7
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

If you are using the remote keep your antennas upright and facing the direction of the drone, avoid areas with the potential of high WiFi traffic, or high magnetic interference, keep your drone in sight.
If you are flying without the remote keep your drone within about 300 ft, because the range is greatly reduced, and avoid areas with high WiFi traffic or magnetic interference.
Sadly busy city and neighborhood areas are not very good places to fly, even though some of the more interesting things to photograph are in these sort of areas.
2018-2-7
Use props
Prsmeds
lvl.2
United States

Grmachine Posted at 2018-2-7 13:40
If you are using the remote keep your antennas upright and facing the direction of the drone, avoid areas with the potential of high WiFi traffic, or high magnetic interference, keep your drone in sight.
If you are flying without the remote keep your drone within about 300 ft, because the range is greatly reduced, and avoid areas with high WiFi traffic or magnetic interference.
Sadly busy city and neighborhood areas are not very good places to fly, even though some of the more interesting things to photograph are in these sort of areas.

ok, thanks for the help
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Prsmeds Posted at 2018-2-7 13:14
ok, thank you for the help, I didn't know I'm not allowed to fly around malls and I'm sorry. Do you have any tips for the disconnection issue though?

Hi, there. Please fly in outdoor with good GPS signal and see if it works well. And it will be safer to install propeller guard for your spark if you tend to fly indoor. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-7
Use props
Linny&HerSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

If you fly indoors, expect to get interference. I've been practicing indoors (with the prop guards on) and even with Bluetooth turned off I still get interference from it at times and it's pretty frustrating. Best bet is to fly outdoors in an open area with a good GPS signal as DJ Elektra suggested. A number of folks here practice in public parks at off peak times. But you need to make sure this park is not near a major airport. You also don't want to fly over crowds of people. That's where flying in that mall probably wasn't a good idea.

There are rules and best practices to follow so you don't end up causing an accident, lose your drone, injure people, or injure yourself. Do check out https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/ as suggested.

Also read the posts on this forum and check out youtube videos from Kloo Gee or Wanderworx on safety tips and Spark functionality.
2018-2-7
Use props
Prsmeds
lvl.2
United States

Oh, and by the way, I wasn't flying inside the mall, I was on the top level at the very top of the parking garage
2018-2-11
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

you cannot cross any fundamental element that requires to be absent for the perfect communication
2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules