DJ Osmo 2 not charging
1046820 1046820 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dogpile
New

Germany

Hi,

i just received my brand new Osmo 2 Mobile. When i charge it with the usb-cable (and another one as well), the only thing that happens is the 1st white led blinking, the green light staying solid and no progress at all. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks for your Help!

2018-2-7
Use props
soupie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Mine is doing the same and has been like this for 30 mins. I am not sure if it is taking a charge or not. How long has yours been like this?
2018-2-7
Use props
soupie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I am in a chat with DJI Support at the moment but they cannot answer!
2018-2-7
Use props
dogpile
New

Germany

i had it on charge for roughly 2-3 hours and its stuck there. The manual talked about 2-3 hours in total i think.
2018-2-7
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

dogpile Posted at 2018-2-7 11:02
i had it on charge for roughly 2-3 hours and its stuck there. The manual talked about 2-3 hours in total i think.

I would try a different charger. I suspect that the OM2 is very sensitive to USB charger standards and not all chargers being sold are strictly conforming to USB standards.  If you have something like an iPad charger try that.
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi dogpile, please always use the dedicated USB cable for the Osmo Mobile 2 when charging, please make sure the power voltage of your USB charger is 5V and the current is be less than 2A. Please let me know if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

soupie Posted at 2018-2-7 09:39
Mine is doing the same and has been like this for 30 mins. I am not sure if it is taking a charge or not. How long has yours been like this?

Hi soupie, may I know what are the voltage and current of your USB charger? Have you tried another one?
2018-2-7
Use props
dogpile
New

Germany

I will try the iPad-charger. I think this should be clarified when you open the box, for me this was not obvious, as usually all devices also work with weaker chargers.
2018-2-7
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-7 21:20
Hi soupie, may I know what are the voltage and current of your USB charger? Have you tried another one?

Hi Mindy

my charger is 5V and 2A.  The green light is solid on and battery light is flashing white with only one on for an hour.  Is that normal?
2018-2-7
Use props
ambience
New
Germany

Hello, I am having the same issue here. Tried different USB Charger (ipad, iMac), now already during the last night, but still only one white light blinking and the green one full on, but not charging at all. Too bad.
2018-2-8
Use props
soupie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I believe the Osmo 2 is charging when the green light is blinking. When I plug mine in via usb the green light blinks for about 2 seconds and then goes solid green. I was led to believe the solid green light means the software is updating or there is an error, but not sure.

Anyway, after leaving it for 4 hours it did charge fully.

Strange
2018-2-8
Use props
CDSSafety1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 98950 ft
United States

Has anyone figured this out, the charging issue?
2018-2-9
Use props
CDSSafety1
lvl.2
United States

Is it better to hook to 110 as opposed to a computer usb port
2018-2-9
Use props
CDSSafety1
lvl.2
United States

Yeah, 110 does the trick
2018-2-10
Use props
chukka
New

United States

I had the same problem, after trying so many 5v/ 2A  wall plug chargers. finally, the Samsung USB fast charger worked for me.  it has 9V/1.57A and 5V/2A capability. my guess is once the battery is too low, it needs to charge with higher voltage.
2018-3-18
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

Well I just posted in the other thread......but I went from the laptop to an iPad charger plugged into 110ac

The output is 5.1vdc and 2.1a..... and after being on for about 20 min it went to the 3rd light blinking!!  YAY

Randy
2018-3-22
Use props
Tonaco
New

Brazil

It happen to my Osmo 2 exactly as you showing in your video
2018-5-12
Use props
bliblablo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168022 ft
Austria

Exact same problem here. Unboxed mine like 6h ago and since then it's charging.  First hour on my MacBook. Only one blinking white LED. Then another hour on a Samsung Charger... still only one light blinking. And since 4h or so on my iPad Charger... Still... only one blinking light. When I unplug the cable I can't even power it on (also not when it's plugged in... is this normal?)

From the experience of users where it was charging afterwards... is this only happening the first time you are charging or is this now a constant thing?
Pretty interesting that there are sooo many users reporting the problem but no real solution from DJI yet?
I am extremely happy with my Mavic Pro but also had to contact support before. This is definitely one area of improvement for DJI.
2018-5-15
Use props
fans3de2a5b3
New

Same problem here. Started out with 110 charging with supplied cable. No luck. Guess I’m going to have to ship it back for a refund. Bummer.
2018-6-3
Use props
YeahNope
lvl.3
Canada

fans3de2a5b3 Posted at 2018-6-3 12:59
Same problem here. Started out with 110 charging with supplied cable. No luck. Guess I’m going to have to ship it back for a refund. Bummer.

As DJI says in the user manual (page 5) "Charging Time: 2 hours (when charging at 2 A)".

USB ports can only deliver a limited amount of current. USB 1 and 2 ports can only deliver 300 to 500mA. USB 3 ports max out at 900mA. This means that charging on a USB port on a computer (Mac or Windows) will not be able to charge your device in two hours. Charging on a 300 mA USB 1 port will likely take about 14 hours, without interruption.

The only way to charge your device in two hours is to use a charger capable of delivering 2 A (or 2,000mA).

The input voltage of the charger (110, 240, whatever) does not affect the charge time. The output voltage of a USB charger is always 5 Volts. Only the output current of the charger matters.

Find a USB charger that puts out 2 Amps. Your device should charge in about two hours.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans3de2a5b3 Posted at 2018-6-3 12:59

Sorry for the trouble that it caused, have you tried to use our cable? ensure that the power voltage of the charger shall be 5V while the current shall be less than 2A.
2018-6-4
Use props
Megastef
New

Here, the device stood quite a long time flashing one led on standard iphone charger. Then I switched on my desktop pc with a USB3 internal card, and 1 hour later, second led started blinking. I could set the device  ready and make some test footage. Let's keep it charging all night long.
I ordered a bigger charger to solve the issue.
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI User06341
New

Sri Lanka

chukka Posted at 2018-3-18 23:25
I had the same problem, after trying so many 5v/ 2A  wall plug chargers. finally, the Samsung USB fast charger worked for me.  it has 9V/1.57A and 5V/2A capability. my guess is once the battery is too low, it needs to charge with higher voltage.

Today i got the dji osmo mobile 2 after two month of shipping. But when i press the power button nothing happend , i plug in to the charger but stil didnt get anything, not even a green light appearing. Please help some one,

i saw some one is talking about jump start the battery with 9v amd 2 amp, is that okay to give direct high voltage like that? I mean we cannot take out the battery like osmo mibile 1, will it causes a damage to electronic circuits?please help....
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI User06341
New

Sri Lanka

chukka Posted at 2018-3-18 23:25

Is that okay to give such a high voltage directly? I mean we cannot take out the battory , so will this voltage harm inside electrinics circuits ? Help please
2018-6-8
Use props
fans3de2a5b3
New

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-4 15:24
Sorry for the trouble that it caused, have you tried to use our cable? ensure that the power voltage of the charger shall be 5V while the current shall be less than 2A.

Yep. Have *only* been using your cable.

After a couple of hours fiddling with it, I have it to where the green light is blinking and the white dots are lighting one right after the other. But it never reaches full charge, and when I've taken it off to try and use it, the Gimbel works for a few seconds and then the device shuts down.
2018-6-10
Use props
Shawn McMahon
New

OSMO Is VERY Slow to charge “Even for first time usage”. The manual makes it seem your be only waiting around for 3 hours to recharge your OSMO but for ke it took almost all day well into sunset for a full charge when everything finally turned solid. 3whites/1Green LED Solid
2018-6-22
Use props
H18-PDW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91936 ft

Hi Regarding charging issues.
I bought my Osmo 2 from Jessops in the UK Sat. all weekend on charge and never got above 90%.

Changed over no as per very unhelpful chat yesterday with DJI on here and yet again the same thing, been on charge now 4 hrs and sill only on 7%.

Why cannot DJI sort this issue out as we all seem to be having issues here.

I look forward to a response from an admin over this, £129 for something that doesn't charge correctly, (2hrs) they say yeh right.

Not very happy at the moment as going on hols and want to take it with me.
2018-7-4
Use props
YeahNope
lvl.3
Canada

H18-PDW Posted at 2018-7-4 04:41
Hi Regarding charging issues.
I bought my Osmo 2 from Jessops in the UK Sat. all weekend on charge and never got above 90%.

Your OSMO 2 will charge in about 2 hours, but only if it's connected to a charger that can provide 2 Amps. Anything less than this, including USB ports on most computers, will take much, much longer. In the case of USB 1 ports, you should expect a full charge in around 16 hours, possibly longer.

Again, if you're charging it with *anything* but a 5 Volt, 2 Amp charger, expect it to take a long time. This is not a defect. It's battery science. See https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 764&fromuid=1672419 for details.

This issue comes up so often, it should be pinned to the top of the OSMO 2 forums.
2018-7-4
Use props
H18-PDW
lvl.1

YeahNope Posted at 2018-7-4 05:11
Your OSMO 2 will charge in about 2 hours, but only if it's connected to a charger that can provide 2 Amps. Anything less than this, including USB ports on most computers, will take much, much longer. In the case of USB 1 ports, you should expect a full charge in around 16 hours, possibly longer.

Again, if you're charging it with *anything* but a 5 Volt, 2 Amp charger, expect it to take a long time. This is not a defect. It's battery science. See https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 764&fromuid=1672419 for details.

Yes but i dont understand what you getting at with diff leads etc and 2 amps/5 volts.

Surely i should be able just to put DJI lead into usb prt and charge away.

If this was going to be an issue i am sure DJI should have sorted this now.
Im not very tech minded and really confused even more.

I just want to plug in and charge and go.
2018-7-4
Use props
YeahNope
lvl.3
Canada

H18-PDW Posted at 2018-7-4 06:28
Yes but i dont understand what you getting at with diff leads etc and 2 amps/5 volts.

Surely i should be able just to put DJI lead into usb prt and charge away.

Grab any charger you have with a USB port on it. Look at the label. There, you'll see that it's rated at 5 Volts. This is the voltage of all USB ports, and all USB chargers.

Now, look on the label for either A, Amps or mA (milliamps). This is the amount of current the charger can deliver. This is the determining factor for how fast your stuff (OSMO, phone, whatever), charges.

While your computer does have 5 Volt USB ports, the USB standard says that these ports can only deliver between 300mA (1/3 of an Amp) and 900 mA (almost 1 Amp).

A standard iPhone USB charger can provide 1 Amp, so charging your OSMO will still take more than four hours. Some iPad chargers provide more than 1 Amp, so charging will be faster.

DJI's OSMO 2 manual says that your OSMO will charge in two and a half hours, provided that the power source is capable of providing a full 2 Amps. Using math, we can assume then, that if your charger only provides 1 Amp, it will take at least twice as long to charge, so about four hours.

I know you'd like to just plug it in and go, but charging isn't magic. Your OSMO is charging on whatever you've got it connected to (as indicated by the blinking, white LED), but that USB port on your computer isn't going to charge it in two hours.

Your options: wait. Or find a USB charger capable of providing more amperage, ideally 2 Amps.

Or hey, if that's too frustrating, maybe return it.

2018-7-4
Use props
H18-PDW
lvl.1

YeahNope Posted at 2018-7-4 07:11
Grab any charger you have with a USB port on it. Look at the label. There, you'll see that it's rated at 5 Volts. This is the voltage of all USB ports, and all USB chargers.

Now, look on the label for either A, Amps or mA (milliamps). This is the amount of current the charger can deliver. This is the determining factor for how fast your stuff (OSMO, phone, whatever), charges.

Cheers for your help.

Right i plugged into my rav power power bank and now its flying so to speak, still an odd way but its working so lets go with it eh.

Thank you again for info, just wish DJI where as upfront on this as you.
2018-7-4
Use props
YeahNope
lvl.3
Canada

H18-PDW Posted at 2018-7-4 08:21
Cheers for your help.

Right i plugged into my rav power power bank and now its flying so to speak, still an odd way but its working so lets go with it eh.

Yup. Powerbank is a great solution. Many of them are able to deliver the full 2A required to charge in the advertised time.

Glad you got it sorted.
2018-7-4
Use props
H18-PDW
lvl.1

YeahNope Posted at 2018-7-4 09:10
Yup. Powerbank is a great solution. Many of them are able to deliver the full 2A required to charge in the advertised time.

Glad you got it sorted.

Just been for a walk with mine first time out, hope it looks ok lol. Seen as you seem the brainy type ha ha ha, can you tell me why my i-phone goes into power save within secs of starting filming, prob is i cannot see the screen, is there a feature to turn that off as cannot see it.
2018-7-4
Use props
YeahNope
lvl.3
Canada

H18-PDW Posted at 2018-7-4 10:34
Just been for a walk with mine first time out, hope it looks ok lol. Seen as you seem the brainy type ha ha ha, can you tell me why my i-phone goes into power save within secs of starting filming, prob is i cannot see the screen, is there a feature to turn that off as cannot see it.

This is using the DJI GO app? Maybe start a new thread, just to keep things tidy.
2018-7-4
Use props
sergioaliaga
New
United States

YeahNope Posted at 2018-7-4 07:11
Grab any charger you have with a USB port on it. Look at the label. There, you'll see that it's rated at 5 Volts. This is the voltage of all USB ports, and all USB chargers.

Now, look on the label for either A, Amps or mA (milliamps). This is the amount of current the charger can deliver. This is the determining factor for how fast your stuff (OSMO, phone, whatever), charges.

What if we have only 2 lights lit and a green light? I have been charging for about five hours now. and the third light is unresponsive...
2018-8-6
Use props
YeahNope
lvl.3
Canada

sergioaliaga Posted at 2018-8-6 19:56
What if we have only 2 lights lit and a green light? I have been charging for about five hours now. and the third light is unresponsive...

It's your charger, mate. Re-read what I posted above.
2018-8-9
Use props
fans4ca65601
New

I have the same problem what I must do.I try with a different usb cable angle different charger.
2018-8-11
Use props
audiodrive
lvl.2
Canada

fans4ca65601 Posted at 2018-8-11 17:21
I have the same problem what I must do.I try with a different usb cable angle different charger.

Backread posts on this thread. Or make sure that your charger have a minimum of 2.1A. Hope this helps.
2018-8-11
Use props
Kjartan Abel
New

Norway

We have charging issues with four Osmo 2 gimbals as well.

We have tried charging them with:
iPad charger
Raspberry Pi charger
Generic charger
LG charger
All the chargers have 5V and at least 2mA The gimbals have been charging for over two hours and they have not received any juice. We have tried to use the cables that came with the Osmo as well as random ones with no difference.

I tried to embed a Youtube video showing the gimbals, but the forum didn't let me. Have a look at youtube  /watch?v=RjJyGI9Uyh8
2018-8-24
Use props
djiuser_zKIkx6b3Fvtv
New

Algeria

If the device does not charge and the battery is functional, you may have a broken charging port. This guide will demonstrate the steps needed to replace a broken charging port. Audacity Find My iPhone Origin
2018-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules