DJI Goggles Advice And Help
950 5 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft
United States

So, I just got my original white dji goggles and have beeen watching the tutorials and reading several threads on them.
If I link them to my Mavic Pro, will there be a problem linking them to another dji drone such as the Spark or Phantom 4 Pro?
I read a few threads about not being able to unlink them to the original drone, or has this been corrected.

Also, I wear reading glasses and have heard that the "Focus Fixers" are no longer available. Are the ones on the dji store site actually available?
Or are using them with reading glasses the only option now?
Any suggestions for a newbie to the goggles will be appreciated and thanks !!!!
2018-2-7
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-2-9 11:14
Connection to any other drone besides a Mavic Pro is via cable so I don't forsee a linking issue as you don't actually establish a permanent "link" with the corded connection.

Focus-fixers were catching up on their back orders & began accepting new orders a few days ago.  The DJI lenses are available but some diopters are a bit delayed.  Check the shipping status when you select a diopter.  Also either way error on the high side.  Order a full diopter higher than your regular readers,

Thanks for the answers, very much appreciated !!!
I actually found the link to the dji corrective lenses on another thread and ordered the 4.75. The order page suggested going 2x stronger than your regular prescription. I wear a 2.50 reading glass, so opted for 4.75.
Hey, I was wondering if you ever fly near the Bay Bridge area on Rt.301. I was thinking that it might be a good area for capturing good videos of sail boats during the summer around the Kent Island area. Years ago, when my mother lived in Va., I would always take Rt.301 to Va. instead of I-95. I remember in the summer, always seeing a ton of sailboats while driving through that area.
2018-2-9
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-2-9 22:13
I've flown near the Bay Bridge using Sandy Point State Park as my launch point.  During peak summer they may not allow you to fly with the beach loaded with people so I suggest off-season or cooler days when the beach is mostly open.  Great scenery & range over the water!  I made it all the way across the Bay (3.91 miles) with a stock P3 Advanced.

https://youtu.be/JVdZiORJiEU

Wow, awesome videos and some excellent flying !!!!!
Thanks a million for sharing.
The range you got was really impressive and I know you were happy with it. Just looks like the perfect area for not a ton of signal interference.
A lot of people really get disappointed and mad when they get a drone and do not get anywhere near the range, they are advertised for. They do not take into account the area they are flying in and all of the so many different variables which influence signal quality.

Thanks again and keep up the awesome flying.
2018-2-10
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The key to accessing the range available is altitude. A lot of range tests you see on youtube, etc., are with the copter at 400' AGL or even less so the range you get at such low altitudes is less than what Lightbridge or Ocysync is actually capable of. I've gone 2 1/2 miles with both my P4P and mavic pro with only a little pixelation starting to show up and a couple bars down on the signal strength, but that was reaching the max height above launch point of 1620 feet. And that was battery limited too, with more batt I could probably have gone at least 3 miles.

But pretty much the limitation is battery and not range. Both Lightbridge and ocusync have really impressive range, especially at 2.4ghz....
2018-2-10
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
United States

luciens Posted at 2018-2-10 08:30
The key to accessing the range available is altitude. A lot of range tests you see on youtube, etc., are with the copter at 400' AGL or even less so the range you get at such low altitudes is less than what Lightbridge or Ocysync is actually capable of. I've gone 2 1/2 miles with both my P4P and mavic pro with only a little pixelation starting to show up and a couple bars down on the signal strength, but that was reaching the max height above launch point of 1620 feet. And that was battery limited too, with more batt I could probably have gone at least 3 miles.

But pretty much the limitation is battery and not range. Both Lightbridge and ocusync have really impressive range, especially at 2.4ghz....

I have also experienced good range on my Mavic Pro also at the heights you recommended.
But, the problems is, when you get out to a distance like that, you are basically limited to filming from that height.
For example, if you were out that far and you spotted something interesting below you wanted to film at a closer distance, say at 200 ft., you would probably start to break up in the signal department while descending.
I guess the great thing would be a zoom function in the camera that would bring things below closer.
But, I'm sure a good one would be a pricey venture.
The area Dirtybird was in gave him a great place to achieve optimal distance and also to be able to drop down and get good close up video.
In my area, that is harder to achieve due to uneven landscape, trees, tall buildings, etc.

So, this Summer..........road trips........lol
2018-2-10
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yep, until we start getting downlinks with more power and at lower freqs, which I don't expect to ever happen, the line-of-sight limitation will kind of always be there. Maybe we'll eventually go satellites like the military, then nuclear on the power packs.... And then have round the world range...
2018-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules